Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Do we have souls?

No. No votes 0%
Yes, separate from bodies 1 11.1%
Yes, part of our bodies 7 77.8%
IDK... 1 11.1%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Cooldude_fr_Jesus_2021, pathfinder4ever, Kiv24133, KristytheCorgi, wannabewritergirl ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: The Soul

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116071

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 452
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Posting an entire Wikipedia page is practically pointless. Most of the information you've provided is irrelevant.
It isn't pointless and it isn't irrelevant. To answer the original point of this topic you need to know what the soul actually is.
You amuse me.
1. I said most of the information you've provided in irrelevant. Who needs to know a Hindu's or Taoist's view on the soul when this is an Adventist site? And how are people going to learn about the soul when they're going to utterly confused by all the religious perspectives on the soul. Surely, you are not that asinine.
2. Even if that was your intention, why not simply post a link to the Wikipedia page instead of copying and pasting an entire Wikipedia page.
1. Just because this is an Adventist site doesn't mean you can't put other point of views otherwise the mods wouldn't allow it and it would be a rule not to put other religious topics in an Adventist site.
2. I don't know any child who would actually click the link. They could think it's a virus and not want to click it for all they know. It's also more likely that someone would read something than click the link to read something.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Alright, cut, this is finished. We won't go any further. Jodiaz, put forward your posts as long as they abide by the rules and don't offend anyone. Khriz, just if Jodiaz comments annoy you just ignore them. Please guys, no more.
...you're making it a little more dramatic than necessary. People get easily offended. My posts never had any intent on offending anyone, and I'm sure the same applies to jodiaz. I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but jodiaz and I enjoy debating/arguing, and such comments are a part of it. Also, we refrain from degrading each other and anyone else, because it's pointless. There's no point in trying to put down someone when they're going
to unexpectedly bounce back stronger than before. This is something we've both realized. And on top of that, we're using this experience to our advantage. Through these debates, we strengthen ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally. And in the end, we will become victorious and invincible to the hardships in life.
yh yh yh but keep down the tension. Debaing doesnt mean throwing harsh comments even if you dont mean to offend anyone
While that may be true, people can get offended at the kindest of responses.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116072

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
...you're making it a little more dramatic than necessary. People get easily offended. My posts never had any intent on offending anyone, and I'm sure the same applies to jodiaz. I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but jodiaz and I enjoy debating/arguing, and such comments are a part of it. Also, we refrain from degrading each other and anyone else, because it's pointless. There's no point in trying to put down someone when they're going
to unexpectedly bounce back stronger than before. This is something we've both realized. And on top of that, we're using this experience to our advantage. Through these debates, we strengthen ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally. And in the end, we will become victorious and invincible to the hardships in life.
Sometimes it does seem as though you're trying to tear apart your opponents.
While it may appear to be that, I'm always going to attack my opponent's argument. If I do so, then sobeit. I do expect a certain amount of strength from my opponents, and it may be the case that I overestimate it. Nevertheless, I do recognize the level of harshness in my arguments, and, as aforementioned, I will make an effort to quell it.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116090

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 225
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
People wouldn't debate in the first place because they feel it is an encroachment to their beliefs and feelings. Like I said, debates strengthen the mind, body, and emotions. And harshness is only an infinitesimal factor of it. In essence, this entire affairs was making nothing important into a huge issue, even though it isn't and wasn't meant to be.
Hmm . . how do debates strengthen the body? I can understand the mind and emotions . .. but body?
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116100

• sci_geeek
  • moderate pluviophile and old soul
  • Thank you received: 394
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
People wouldn't debate in the first place because they feel it is an encroachment to their beliefs and feelings. Like I said, debates strengthen the mind, body, and emotions. And harshness is only an infinitesimal factor of it. In essence, this entire affairs was making nothing important into a huge issue, even though it isn't and wasn't meant to be.
Hmm . . how do debates strengthen the body? I can understand the mind and emotions . .. but body?
I was wondering the same thing :huh:
"only the gentle are ever really strong." – james dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

“we were together. i forget the rest.” – walt whitman

"i write to discover what i know." – flannery o'connor

#presidentofguide

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116109

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
People wouldn't debate in the first place because they feel it is an encroachment to their beliefs and feelings. Like I said, debates strengthen the mind, body, and emotions. And harshness is only an infinitesimal factor of it. In essence, this entire affair was making nothing important into a huge issue, even though it isn't and wasn't meant to be.
Debates promote critical thinking, which, in turn, is going to be advantageous in almost every part of your life. You'll make extremely beneficial decisions which is going to positively affect yoyr mind, body, and soul. Also, if you're invincible to emotional pain, you'll be able to easily cope with physical pain.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116282

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Thank you received: 54
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Posting an entire Wikipedia page is practically pointless. Most of the information you've provided is irrelevant.
It isn't pointless and it isn't irrelevant. To answer the original point of this topic you need to know what the soul actually is.
You amuse me.
1. I said most of the information you've provided in irrelevant. Who needs to know a Hindu's or Taoist's view on the soul when this is an Adventist site? And how are people going to learn about the soul when they're going to utterly confused by all the religious perspectives on the soul. Surely, you are not that asinine.
2. Even if that was your intention, why not simply post a link to the Wikipedia page instead of copying and pasting an entire Wikipedia page.
1. Just because this is an Adventist site doesn't mean you can't put other point of views otherwise the mods wouldn't allow it and it would be a rule not to put other religious topics in an Adventist site.
2. I don't know any child who would actually click the link. They could think it's a virus and not want to click it for all they know. It's also more likely that someone would read something than click the link to read something.

This was no attempt to degrade anyone. As I have stated from before, I am very disgusted when people hate each other because of different beliefs or opinions. Even though it seems like I was doing that, I had no intention of putting you down. Because of this, I try to refrain from calling people names (and I'm sorry if I have done so), and I focus my responses on the weaknesses of their arguments. My usage of harsh words is simply a debating tactic I'm working on, nothing more. I must commend you for your resilience, and I deeply admire that about you. You and I both enjoy debating, and this is what we're doing. We've both misunderstood each other, so I hope I've cleared any doubts.
I only said it was a harsh word because other people said it was. Ig I should've realized you just couldn't pick a better choice of words. Eh idrc tbh.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116283

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
You amuse me.

Alright, cut, this is finished. We won't go any further. Jodiaz, put forward your posts as long as they abide by the rules and don't offend anyone. Khriz, just if Jodiaz comments annoy you just ignore them. Please guys, no more.
Exactly.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116284

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
My usage of harsh words is simply a debating tactic I'm working on, nothing more.
I don't think that's a great tactic . . . .
Something similar, but better, would be to take the person's argument, and use irony to point out the flaws. Though that technique could be a bit abrasive too . . . . depends on how you execute it.
How I execute my tactics matters not. The deciding factor is the amount of weakness in my opponent.
It's just that sometimes it seems that to you it's more important to hurt your opponent than to win the argument.
He didn't hurt me...

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116285

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
You amuse me.

yh yh yh but keep down the tension. Debaing doesnt mean throwing harsh comments even if you dont mean to offend anyone
He didn't offend me stop trying to make it seem like I'm a 5 yo who can't protect himself. That's more of an offense to me tbh.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116286

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
You amuse me.

While that may be true, people can get offended at the kindest of responses.
Like I just said in my last comment.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Khriz Kool Katz

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116287

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Sometimes it does seem as though you're trying to tear apart your opponents.
While it may appear to be that, I'm always going to attack my opponent's argument. If I do so, then sobeit. I do expect a certain amount of strength from my opponents, and it may be the case that I overestimate it. Nevertheless, I do recognize the level of harshness in my arguments, and, as aforementioned, I will make an effort to quell it.
That's fine you do you but it's the other person's fault to take it literally or know what they're actually talking about imo.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116289

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
People wouldn't debate in the first place because they feel it is an encroachment to their beliefs and feelings. Like I said, debates strengthen the mind, body, and emotions. And harshness is only an infinitesimal factor of it. In essence, this entire affair was making nothing important into a huge issue, even though it isn't and wasn't meant to be.
Debates promote critical thinking, which, in turn, is going to be advantageous in almost every part of your life. You'll make extremely beneficial decisions which is going to positively affect your mind, body, and soul. Also, if you're invincible to emotional pain, you'll be able to easily cope with physical pain.
I agree though most of the guidesters are younger than us so I dont really expect them to understand.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116318

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Debates promote critical thinking, which, in turn, is going to be advantageous in almost every part of your life. You'll make extremely beneficial decisions which is going to positively affect your mind, body, and soul. Also, if you're invincible to emotional pain, you'll be able to easily cope with physical pain.
I agree though most of the guidesters are younger than us so I dont really expect them to understand.
Glad we both agree bro

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116345

• JoyBaker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 150
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Most? Actually, not most. Alyssa, Sci, Jo, Kristy, Insidious, wannabewritergirl, I could list more names… They are not younger than you..

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116356

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Haha. At least you guys aren't arguing on whether you agree or not.
#Ilovepeace
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116396

• sci_geeek
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Makes sense.

#presidentofguide

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116404

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Most? Actually, not most. Alyssa, Sci, Jo, Kristy, Insidious, wannabewritergirl, I could list more names… They are not younger than you..
How old do you think he is?

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116405

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
#Ilovepeace
*Windows is shutting down*

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116418

• sci_geeek
BookwormJo wrote:
#Ilovepeace
ikr

#presidentofguide

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116424

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
#Ilovepeace
*Windows is shutting down*
I thought you didn't use Windows

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116429

• sci_geeek
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
When he first came to Guide, he was thirteen. That means that he's either still thirteen or already fourteen.

#presidentofguide

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116438

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Cap

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116459

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
When he first came to Guide, he was thirteen. That means that he's either still thirteen or already fourteen.
Or I lied.

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116460

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

The Soul 4 months 2 weeks ago #116461

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
jodiaz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Cap
No cap.

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds