TOPIC: Taste this!

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110375

• JoyBaker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 150
jodiaz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Yeah. I know. :blush: :lol: Firstly, I don’t know much about Covid-19. I am not interested in watching the news or anything like that. Second, from Covid started, I don’t really talk to anyone (especially about Covid) so I say things how probably only me and my family understand. Like some Jamaican words.
Step 1: Increase your vocabulary.
Step 2: Learn how debate.
Then you win.
Oh boy! I don’t even like the word debate. All I think of is “friendly” arguments when I hear that word. A few of my family members tell me that I need to read more so I can learn more words, (especially that bookworm. Actually her mostly. :) ) I’m not interested in those kind of books she reads. I read, a lot. But not those big thick dictionary sized books. Also, I am not interested in winning anything. But I will take your advice for step 1.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110378

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 632
kpeckham wrote:
Just for fun (an activity from this week's Guide: How strongly are sight, smell, taste are connected. Blindfold your friends, have them plug their noses, then feed them a bite of fruit candy or real fruit (especially strawberry flavor). Can they detect the right flavor easily? How about once they unplug their noses? Or open their eyes?
Lol. I can’t smell anything. My taste came back this week tho hehe
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110409

• jodiaz
  • Quantum Entanglement
  • Thank you received: 54
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Covid this, Covid that... :angry:
I'm sick of all this.
(No pun intended)
Same here.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: L̴i̸g̵h̸t̷n̴e̸s̴s̵#0474

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110416

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 452
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Yeah. I know. :blush: :lol: Firstly, I don’t know much about Covid-19. I am not interested in watching the news or anything like that. Second, from Covid started, I don’t really talk to anyone (especially about Covid) so I say things how probably only me and my family understand. Like some Jamaican words.
Then you win.
Oh boy! I don’t even like the word debate. All I think of is “friendly” arguments when I hear that word. A few of my family members tell me that I need to read more so I can learn more words, (especially that bookworm. Actually her mostly. :) ) I’m not interested in those kind of books she reads. I read, a lot. But not those big thick dictionary sized books. Also, I am not interested in winning anything. But I will take your advice for step 1.
The fact that you don't like it means that you'll end up in a debate often. That's how life works, so you best be prepared.

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110421

• JoyBaker
  • NOW ONLINE
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Then you win.
The fact that you don't like it means that you'll end up in a debate often. That's how life works, so you best be prepared.
Uh-oh :S :dry:

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110424

• sci_geeek
  • moderate pluviophile and old soul
  • Thank you received: 394
pathfinder4ever wrote:
kpeckham wrote:
Just for fun (an activity from this week's Guide: How strongly are sight, smell, taste are connected. Blindfold your friends, have them plug their noses, then feed them a bite of fruit candy or real fruit (especially strawberry flavor). Can they detect the right flavor easily? How about once they unplug their noses? Or open their eyes?
Lol. I can’t smell anything. My taste came back this week tho hehe
Didja get Covid? :blink:
"only the gentle are ever really strong." – james dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

“we were together. i forget the rest.” – walt whitman

"i write to discover what i know." – flannery o'connor

#presidentofguide

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110425

• sci_geeek
  • moderate pluviophile and old soul
  • Thank you received: 394
JoyBaker wrote:
I love watching the news. :silly: :blink: :side: :S :whistle: :pinch: :lol: B) Helps me learn about what's going on in the world and the decisions, good and bad, that world leaders are taking to fix problems or get more popular. Also, it's a way to avoid coming across as ignorant, though I already know more news than some adults I know. Once my 9 yr old friend mentioned Afghanistan during the prayer request time at a Bible study we have, and when I said something like, "Oh yeah, definitely, it's so horrible what's been going on," the mom of one of the kids asked, "What's happening in Afghanistan?" My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, I'd been hearing about the US withdrawal and the Taliban taking over for more than a week already.
I understand why you wouldn't want to watch the news though. By watching it I've noticed how EVERYTHING is just getting worse and worse...worse natural disasters... this virus we're dealing with..."wars and rumors of wars"... Sounds familiar? Well, Jesus is coming soon. We don't know how soon, and where we live we're not being persecuted (at least not as far as I know), but everything is getting worse - and not steadily, but like a ball rolling downhill: faster and faster, worse and worse, one terrible thing after another, and following closely...
Ok, Ik we weren't talking about this but I just felt like saying all that after missing so much Guide action (well there hasn't been that much, but whatever). And I just wanted to remind yall, well, this world is not our home.
"only the gentle are ever really strong." – james dean

melancholic/phlegmatic ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

“we were together. i forget the rest.” – walt whitman

"i write to discover what i know." – flannery o'connor

#presidentofguide

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110456

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Expect the unexpected, although there is pattern to everything underneath the sun.

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110472

• JoyBaker
  • NOW ONLINE
sci_geeek wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
I love watching the news. :silly: :blink: :side: :S :whistle: :pinch: :lol: B) Helps me learn about what's going on in the world and the decisions, good and bad, that world leaders are taking to fix problems or get more popular. Also, it's a way to avoid coming across as ignorant, though I already know more news than some adults I know. Once my 9 yr old friend mentioned Afghanistan during the prayer request time at a Bible study we have, and when I said something like, "Oh yeah, definitely, it's so horrible what's been going on," the mom of one of the kids asked, "What's happening in Afghanistan?" My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, I'd been hearing about the US withdrawal and the Taliban taking over for more than a week already.
I understand why you wouldn't want to watch the news though. By watching it I've noticed how EVERYTHING is just getting worse and worse...worse natural disasters... this virus we're dealing with..."wars and rumors of wars"... Sounds familiar? Well, Jesus is coming soon. We don't know how soon, and where we live we're not being persecuted (at least not as far as I know), but everything is getting worse - and not steadily, but like a ball rolling downhill: faster and faster, worse and worse, one terrible thing after another, and following closely...
Ok, Ik we weren't talking about this but I just felt like saying all that after missing so much Guide action (well there hasn't been that much, but whatever). And I just wanted to remind yall, well, this world is not our home.
Yeah. I sometimes look at the news but just not often. I can’t wait until Jesus comes back but this world will keep getting worse before that happens. I can’t imagine have to run and always fear that if someone finds us, we could die. We have to always stand up for what is right.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

Taste this! 8 months 2 weeks ago #110476

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
JoyBaker wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Yeah. I sometimes look at the news but just not often. I can’t wait until Jesus comes back but this world will keep getting worse before that happens. I can’t imagine have to run and always fear that if someone finds us, we could die. We have to always stand up for what is right.
At least you know the "repercussions" of standing up for truth and righteousness. But there is always an intelligent and reasonable way of doing things.

Taste this! 8 months 3 days ago #111064

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 225
JoyBaker wrote:
Pretty random, but who do you guys think is more diplomatic? JoyBaker or me?
No one who trusts in God will ever be disappointed.
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Proverbs 3:5 MSG

#yayparagraphcontests
#talentshowcasewriters

Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

Taste this! 8 months 2 days ago #111066

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
Pretty random, but who do you guys think is more diplomatic? JoyBaker or me?
It depends.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds