Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Watching TV.. Like or Not?!

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76654

  • the_adorbs
  • the_adorbs's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • infires man
  • Posts: 78
  • Thank you received: 63
As a psychology student, 13 Reasons Why personally isn't a very "powerful" show concerning suicide, for me. Well yes it can be powerful for sure, but not in a good way. First off, it isn't psychologically accurate at all. Secondly, it tends to glamorize suicide. However, that is all just my personal opinion *sips drink*. (I've heard similar complaints from friends and people who have survived suicide/use to be suicidal).

Anyway I actually really like watching T.V. We don't have cable or anything (we don't even have a T.V. lol), but I can view a lot of the shows on the internet--via Netflix or some other source. I use to watch the Flash until the plot kinda got messy. I also use to watch Supergirl, until all the lesbian stuff came into the picture (parents didn't let me watch it after that). So now....I haven't been watching a lot. Well I did try 13 Reasons Why but I obviously didn't like it. I really want to start a new show though, which I will definitely do during the summer.
"my grandma likes me chubby so i keep eating"

click to stalk my reading life
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76683

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 627
  • Thank you received: 332
the_adorbs wrote:
As a psychology student, 13 Reasons Why personally isn't a very "powerful" show concerning suicide, for me. Well yes it can be powerful for sure, but not in a good way. First off, it isn't psychologically accurate at all. Secondly, it tends to glamorize suicide. However, that is all just my personal opinion *sips drink*. (I've heard similar complaints from friends and people who have survived suicide/use to be suicidal).

Anyway I actually really like watching T.V. We don't have cable or anything (we don't even have a T.V. lol), but I can view a lot of the shows on the internet--via Netflix or some other source. I use to watch the Flash until the plot kinda got messy. I also use to watch Supergirl, until all the lesbian stuff came into the picture (parents didn't let me watch it after that). So now....I haven't been watching a lot. Well I did try 13 Reasons Why but I obviously didn't like it. I really want to start a new show though, which I will definitely do during the summer.


I have heard alot about 13 Resons Why, but I honestly am not interested. Suicide is too delicate of a topic for me to watch something like that. I've heard that there's rape and drug content in it too, so I'm not really interested. Plus, I don't think my parents would allow me to watch something like that.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_adorbs

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76684

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 627
  • Thank you received: 332
emmy01 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].

Listen, I agree that TV isn't the best way to use your time, but I don't think it's all bad. I've stated my opinions, they aren't changing anytime soon, and I don't want to start or be a part of an argument.

P. S. Do you braid your hair? Just curious.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True. And no this is no argument, unless you make it so. Because I am happy!
I watch Youtube preachings and gardening videos... But if it's entertainment then it's bad.
That's a simple fact.
And yes, I braid my hair but I can't do it myself lol
I don't think that watching T.V. a lot is good, but I don't agree with you on the fact that watching for entertainment is bad. I mean, have you ever gone to a concert? Why did you go? For entertainment. Are concerts bad? Well, ok, some are, but you get the point. I like watching the old AFV episodes on YouTube (the new ones aren't that great). They're entertaining, but I don't think I'm sinning by watching them. They make me laugh, and the Bible says that a cheerful heart is good medicine. I don't think that just because something is entertaining, it's bad.

Anyway, I don't want to make this a debate topic, I was just stating what I think about what you said......you don't have to agree with me if you don't want to, I'm just putting it out there. ;)

Isn't it wonderful that God made us all with different opinions? :)


Wow! You said that so wonderfully. @Emmmy01 I love how Christlike you were in your response! I admire you for that. I probably wouldn't have done the same, I'm ashamed to admit....
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137, emmy01

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76699

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 757
  • Thank you received: 495
the_adorbs wrote:
As a psychology student, 13 Reasons Why personally isn't a very "powerful" show concerning suicide, for me. Well yes it can be powerful for sure, but not in a good way. First off, it isn't psychologically accurate at all. Secondly, it tends to glamorize suicide. However, that is all just my personal opinion *sips drink*. (I've heard similar complaints from friends and people who have survived suicide/use to be suicidal).

Anyway I actually really like watching T.V. We don't have cable or anything (we don't even have a T.V. lol), but I can view a lot of the shows on the internet--via Netflix or some other source. I use to watch the Flash until the plot kinda got messy. I also use to watch Supergirl, until all the lesbian stuff came into the picture (parents didn't let me watch it after that). So now....I haven't been watching a lot. Well I did try 13 Reasons Why but I obviously didn't like it. I really want to start a new show though, which I will definitely do during the summer.

I don't like watching tear-jerkers or big dramas like that, and yeah I think that the suicide scene is a bit gore-y and kind of like a How-To for committing suicide, but it does spread awareness

I also don't have cable or satellite, but I watch a ton of youtube and movies from the internet when I can ^O^
Rip my signature
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_adorbs

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76726

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 612
mittens92999 wrote:
emmy01 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].

Listen, I agree that TV isn't the best way to use your time, but I don't think it's all bad. I've stated my opinions, they aren't changing anytime soon, and I don't want to start or be a part of an argument.

P. S. Do you braid your hair? Just curious.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True. And no this is no argument, unless you make it so. Because I am happy!
I watch Youtube preachings and gardening videos... But if it's entertainment then it's bad.
That's a simple fact.
And yes, I braid my hair but I can't do it myself lol
I don't think that watching T.V. a lot is good, but I don't agree with you on the fact that watching for entertainment is bad. I mean, have you ever gone to a concert? Why did you go? For entertainment. Are concerts bad? Well, ok, some are, but you get the point. I like watching the old AFV episodes on YouTube (the new ones aren't that great). They're entertaining, but I don't think I'm sinning by watching them. They make me laugh, and the Bible says that a cheerful heart is good medicine. I don't think that just because something is entertaining, it's bad.

Anyway, I don't want to make this a debate topic, I was just stating what I think about what you said......you don't have to agree with me if you don't want to, I'm just putting it out there. ;)

Isn't it wonderful that God made us all with different opinions? :)


Wow! You said that so wonderfully. @Emmmy01 I love how Christlike you were in your response! I admire you for that. I probably wouldn't have done the same, I'm ashamed to admit....
Why, thank you! :lol:

You don't know how much seeing that meant to me....... :)
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76922

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 130
I love watching TV and my favorite shows! :) :)
I don't watch it a whole lot, but I guess TV could be bad if you watched Bad shows, spent too much time watching, etc.

ALso @BlueTornado I LOVE GOOD MYTHICAL MORNING :woohoo:
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3
I love Kpop like My Sister On Guide: Minifat :D
BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: AnimalJammer09
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #77105

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 757
  • Thank you received: 495
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
I love watching TV and my favorite shows! :) :)
I don't watch it a whole lot, but I guess TV could be bad if you watched Bad shows, spent too much time watching, etc.

ALso @BlueTornado I LOVE GOOD MYTHICAL MORNING :woohoo:
Gaaah GMM is always on the Youtube Trending page, but I never check them out!
Rip my signature
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77846

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 981
  • Thank you received: 786
TravelPastel wrote:
maplesyruphotel9 wrote:
I love watching TV and my favorite shows! :) :)
I don't watch it a whole lot, but I guess TV could be bad if you watched Bad shows, spent too much time watching, etc.

ALso @BlueTornado I LOVE GOOD MYTHICAL MORNING :woohoo:
Gaaah GMM is always on the Youtube Trending page, but I never check them out!

Go watch it right now


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 4 months 3 weeks ago #77854

  • SkeleBoy10
  • SkeleBoy10's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 70
  • Thank you received: 57
BellaB wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].

Listen, I agree that TV isn't the best way to use your time, but I don't think it's all bad. I've stated my opinions, they aren't changing anytime soon, and I don't want to start or be a part of an argument.

P. S. Do you braid your hair? Just curious.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True. And no this is no argument, unless you make it so. Because I am happy!
I watch Youtube preachings and gardening videos... But if it's entertainment then it's bad.
That's a simple fact.
And yes, I braid my hair but I can't do it myself lol

Why is entertainment bad? I mean, anything really could be entertaining. For example, watching a top spinning could be entertaining. That does not mean, however, that spinning tops are evil. And movies are made to entertain, even if they have a good message, or values, they still entertain you. if they didn't, well you would be bored. If it is a good movie, you wouldn't be bored. A movie like "Star Wars" can be entertaining, but also a movie like "War Room" can be entertaining. Notice that these movies are not evil. My point is, just because it's entertaining, does not mean it is a sin, or evil.


"You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
"If you love me, keep my commandments."

Roblox: SkeleBoy10
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds