Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Watching TV.. Like or Not?!

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76358

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 971
  • Thank you received: 784
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
If it distracts you from reading the Bible and studying Spirit of Prophecy then yes.
It is!
:)

The spirit of prophesy and the Bible aren't the only ways to learn about God though....

Great, good to know that I need to cut out "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof" and "War Room" now because they're all evil


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76360

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 971
  • Thank you received: 784
TravelPastel wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
BellaB wrote:
I don't watch T.V and I think that we as Christians and especially Adventists shouldn't watch it.
Because it's of this world, and Satan uses it to entertain us.
And it's distracting us from the Word of God and time with Him!
I used to watch a lot of bad stuff, and it was hard at first to give it up!
But through Christ who strengthens me, nothing is impossible.

Not all TV is bad for you.
It's all about balance.

PS: BlueTornado, I just noticed - is your profile pic Attack on Titans?!

Yep it is my Attack on Titan ^_^


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76373

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
Blue Tornado wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
If it distracts you from reading the Bible and studying Spirit of Prophecy then yes.
It is!
:)

The spirit of prophesy and the Bible aren't the only ways to learn about God though....

Great, good to know that I need to cut out "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof" and "War Room" now because they're all evil

I hope that comment wasn't to me..... :dry:
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76384

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Posts: 971
  • Thank you received: 784
Mp137 wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
If it distracts you from reading the Bible and studying Spirit of Prophecy then yes.
It is!
:)

The spirit of prophesy and the Bible aren't the only ways to learn about God though....

Great, good to know that I need to cut out "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof" and "War Room" now because they're all evil

I hope that comment wasn't to me..... :dry:

Sorry, should have directed that quote to BellaB


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76387

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
Blue Tornado wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Blue Tornado wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
If it distracts you from reading the Bible and studying Spirit of Prophecy then yes.
It is!
:)

The spirit of prophesy and the Bible aren't the only ways to learn about God though....

Great, good to know that I need to cut out "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof" and "War Room" now because they're all evil

I hope that comment wasn't to me..... :dry:

Sorry, should have directed that quote to BellaB

lol ok
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76433

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 337
  • Thank you received: 102
My favorite show right now is the Flash
(In my school the principal sent out and email about 13 Reasons why)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76446

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 818
  • Thank you received: 344
Blue Tornado wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
If it distracts you from reading the Bible and studying Spirit of Prophecy then yes.
It is!
:)

The spirit of prophesy and the Bible aren't the only ways to learn about God though....

Great, good to know that I need to cut out "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof" and "War Room" now because they're all evil
lol

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76508

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 737
  • Thank you received: 484
jGod8865 wrote:
My favorite show right now is the Flash
(In my school the principal sent out and email about 13 Reasons why)
I heard about 13 Reasons Why!! Did your principal advise you not to watch it or to spread awareness? It's a pretty powerful series
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76532

  • BellaB
  • BellaB's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 12
  • Thank you received: 24
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].
With God, ALL things are possible~!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76558

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].

Listen, I agree that TV isn't the best way to use your time, but I don't think it's all bad. I've stated my opinions, they aren't changing anytime soon, and I don't want to start or be a part of an argument.

P. S. Do you braid your hair? Just curious.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76566

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 640
  • Thank you received: 1333
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].
You sound creepy. No offense
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76577

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
Kwesi wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
we don't have tv, or cable, but my grandparents do and sometimes if we are there we watch food network, hgtv, or the news

Finally someone who watch what I watch... ;) Its a been a while since I've watched Food Network or HGTV, but I enjoy those programs. Sometimes there is "light cursing" which is really bad, even if its "light" (what does like mean anyways? :smh:). So if I hear any of that (even is its censored) I turn it off. And skip watching that show, or just choose something else, so go watch some kosher videos on Youtube. :lol:

;) #imout

I like watching Food Netwrok Star, And also Kids Baking Challenge
It is so fun
who is your favorite chef?(mine is bobby flay)
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76582

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 640
  • Thank you received: 1333
LittleLadyBug wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
we don't have tv, or cable, but my grandparents do and sometimes if we are there we watch food network, hgtv, or the news

Finally someone who watch what I watch... ;) Its a been a while since I've watched Food Network or HGTV, but I enjoy those programs. Sometimes there is "light cursing" which is really bad, even if its "light" (what does like mean anyways? :smh:). So if I hear any of that (even is its censored) I turn it off. And skip watching that show, or just choose something else, so go watch some kosher videos on Youtube. :lol:

;) #imout

I like watching Food Netwrok Star, And also Kids Baking Challenge
It is so fun
who is your favorite chef?(mine is bobby flay)
Alex Guarnaschelli or Giada
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76588

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
Kwesi wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
we don't have tv, or cable, but my grandparents do and sometimes if we are there we watch food network, hgtv, or the news

Finally someone who watch what I watch... ;) Its a been a while since I've watched Food Network or HGTV, but I enjoy those programs. Sometimes there is "light cursing" which is really bad, even if its "light" (what does like mean anyways? :smh:). So if I hear any of that (even is its censored) I turn it off. And skip watching that show, or just choose something else, so go watch some kosher videos on Youtube. :lol:

;) #imout

I like watching Food Netwrok Star, And also Kids Baking Challenge
It is so fun
who is your favorite chef?(mine is bobby flay)
Alex Guarnaschelli or Giada
Alex would probably be my second choice :) she is a good chef 2
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76595

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
Kwesi wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].
You sound creepy. No offense

Why would you say that? It doesn't matter if you say "no offense" or not. Some things are just impolite.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, Blue Tornado, jGod8865

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76596

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
I LOVE Chopped and food network. I'm a complete foodie... :whistle:
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado, TravelPastel

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76607

  • BellaB
  • BellaB's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 12
  • Thank you received: 24
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].

Listen, I agree that TV isn't the best way to use your time, but I don't think it's all bad. I've stated my opinions, they aren't changing anytime soon, and I don't want to start or be a part of an argument.

P. S. Do you braid your hair? Just curious.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True. And no this is no argument, unless you make it so. Because I am happy!
I watch Youtube preachings and gardening videos... But if it's entertainment then it's bad.
That's a simple fact.
And yes, I braid my hair but I can't do it myself lol
With God, ALL things are possible~!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76621

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
BellaB wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].

Listen, I agree that TV isn't the best way to use your time, but I don't think it's all bad. I've stated my opinions, they aren't changing anytime soon, and I don't want to start or be a part of an argument.

P. S. Do you braid your hair? Just curious.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True. And no this is no argument, unless you make it so. Because I am happy!
I watch Youtube preachings and gardening videos... But if it's entertainment then it's bad.
That's a simple fact.
And yes, I braid my hair but I can't do it myself lol

I don't think entertainment is bad. I guess we'll just agree to disagree
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76623

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].
i don't believe that jewelry is bad because of this verse.
Then the Lord God said: I entered into a covenant with you so that you became Mine, declares the Lord God. . . . I adorned you with ornaments, put bracelets on your hands and a necklace around your neck. I also put a ring in your nostril, earrings in your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. Thus you were adorned with gold and silver, and your dress was of fine linen, silk and embroidered cloth. . . . so you were exceedingly beautiful . . . . Then your fame went forth among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect because of My splendor which I bestowed on you, declares the Lord God. (Ezekiel 16:8-14)
i just think that it is bad when anything that is not Godly becomes your life. we are in the world but we are not of the world. we also have to be careful not judge people because they don't believe the same way as us. if we begin to judge people that is ungodly and then God will surely judge us.
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76629

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 611
BellaB wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].

Listen, I agree that TV isn't the best way to use your time, but I don't think it's all bad. I've stated my opinions, they aren't changing anytime soon, and I don't want to start or be a part of an argument.

P. S. Do you braid your hair? Just curious.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True. And no this is no argument, unless you make it so. Because I am happy!
I watch Youtube preachings and gardening videos... But if it's entertainment then it's bad.
That's a simple fact.
And yes, I braid my hair but I can't do it myself lol
I don't think that watching T.V. a lot is good, but I don't agree with you on the fact that watching for entertainment is bad. I mean, have you ever gone to a concert? Why did you go? For entertainment. Are concerts bad? Well, ok, some are, but you get the point. I like watching the old AFV episodes on YouTube (the new ones aren't that great). They're entertaining, but I don't think I'm sinning by watching them. They make me laugh, and the Bible says that a cheerful heart is good medicine. I don't think that just because something is entertaining, it's bad.

Anyway, I don't want to make this a debate topic, I was just stating what I think about what you said......you don't have to agree with me if you don't want to, I'm just putting it out there. ;)

Isn't it wonderful that God made us all with different opinions? :)
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, Mp137

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76634

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 640
  • Thank you received: 1333
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
BellaB wrote:
And I will quote this passage from www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/...osmetics-and-jewelry
I will treat you like an adult, but if you act like a child and complain I will refrain from doing so.
It is not condemnation, but education.
I hope by the grace of God that you will be grateful and learn what is true with an open heart.
Now is not the time to be fooling around with the devil.
Please my friends, the end is nigh.
What are we doing with our lives??
Learn!
Take time to be holy.

Repeatedly, pastors have faced the questions: “What is wrong with my little wedding ring? Do you think God will leave me out of heaven just because I wear this bit of jewelry?” My own heart has been dismayed and troubled on many occasions over this negative approach to Christianity. Please note what the question implies: The questioner is obviously seeking to know how much he can get by with and still make it to heaven. His attitude reflects a legalistic desire to do only the things that are laid down as divine “do-it-or-else” laws.

But this approach is wrong, wrong, wrong! The true Christian will not ask, “How much do I have to do in order to remain a child of God?” but rather, “How much can I do to please Jesus whom I love?” This is the positive approach based on seeking God’s will on the question and loving Him enough to obey His will happily as revealed in the Bible. Once this open-hearted, loving premise is accepted, it remains only to search through the Scripture to find indications of God’s will concerning the use of colorful [anything ungodly].
You sound creepy. No offense

Why would you say that? It doesn't matter if you say "no offense" or not. Some things are just impolite.
I respect your opinion. But I disagree with you
And Bella B i didn't mean to sound impolite that is why I said no offense
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76637

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
@Kwesi what you said was offensive whether you say no offense or not.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76639

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 640
  • Thank you received: 1333
Mp137 wrote:
@Kwesi what you said was offensive whether you say no offense or not.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

I am entitled to the right of free speech
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76640

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
@Kwesi what you said was offensive whether you say no offense or not.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

I am entitled to the right of free speech

Yes, yes you do have free speech. XD
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Watching TV.. Like or Not?! 5 months 1 week ago #76644

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 337
  • Thank you received: 102
TravelPastel wrote:
jGod8865 wrote:
My favorite show right now is the Flash
(In my school the principal sent out and email about 13 Reasons why)
I heard about 13 Reasons Why!! Did your principal advise you not to watch it or to spread awareness? It's a pretty powerful series
Yea my principal alerted all the parents on the show and how bad it was and she advised that we don't watch it
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, Kwesi
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds