Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Should we love satan?

Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4376

• islandqueen129
  • I'm the same person as islandqueen101
  • Thank you received: 105
A while back when I was about 5 or 6 yrs old, I asked my pastor if we should love satan because God said to love everyone even our enemies? He didn't know. So he talked to the elders and other pastors about it and we ended up moving to another state before they came up with an answer. We went back for a vist when I was about 8 or 9 and he had finally came up with an answer. He said that we should love satan, not necessarily forgive him but just love him. He said if we didn't love him then we would pretty much hate him and hate is just what satan wants. He said no one can serve two masters so you don't have to serve him just love him. You can love someone wothout serving them.

I'm still not sure about loving satan I just wanted to know your opinions on the subject. :)
When all is said and done, more is said than done!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4396

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
Good question! According to my post in the random section, I will pray and consider this, probably more than just a day, because I really don't know what to say! I will search the Bible and EGW! TTYL!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sha-sha

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4401

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Well, you can dislike him without hating him. Hate is a storng word, a word that is so strong that you should not use it against things, especially people.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SDAhorseGirl

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4411

• island girl
  • Thank you received: 66
well the whole bible verse said to love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you, well Satan is our enemy but what good will it do to pray for him when it won't help or stop him from evil. It goes on to say that loving your enemy is like putting burning coals on his head, that part of the is saying that if we are kind then we can change that persons heart can be changed and you see they have choices they can make before Jesus's coming but Satan well has already made his choice and never wants to change and we can't change his heart. Loving him is just going to get you in a relationship with him. We don't want to follow him, we want to follow Jesus Christ. Let me put it in a different way, there are two dogs in front of your house, its your birth day and you get to keep one. One is mean, nasty, and has rabies but the other one has its shots and is cute, cuddly, and sweet. Lets say you pick to love and keep the nasty one, he bites you and you die from rabies. Now lets say the first time you pick the sweet dog, he watches over you and keeps all harm away plus loves you with all his heart. Which would you love and pick. The wonderful dog stands for Jesus who will protect you from all evil and loves you plus needs love from you too. The nasty dog stands for Satan who hates you and if you follow him you will die. I will choose Jesus won't you?
❤Colie❤
The following user(s) said Thank You: terrier, Hyperactive247, DaughterOfGod13, Quirky, GodlyGirl, 12pearlygates, azur21

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4425

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
It is an interesting point, isn't it. To be honest I haven't even thought about it before.

My thoughts are that we should respect him and fear him as a deadly enemy, When he has fully turned himself away from God and has caused all this sin, I find it hard to love him, Who loved Hitler? a tyrant that killed millions of people.

I think that all will be revealed when we see God face to face.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, Blue Tornado

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4436

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 185
Satan is our number one enemy, and as Jesus said we should love our enemies ;) and it's not easy but as Philipians 4:13 says We can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me :cheer:

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4466

• DaughterOfGod13
Can I post a link on here to a video I made about this?
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4472

• rwhitaker
  • Thank you received: 100
Yes, that is OK. You can also post videos you made in the Talent Showcase.
Rachel Whitaker, Guide Associate Editor

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4507

Hmmmmm....on one hand we SHOULDN'T love him because we shouldnt love sin, and the devil is like the father of all sin. He represents everything God is against and is our arch-enemy. But on the other hand, Jesus did say to love our enemies. This one's kinda tough because I can completely understand both sides of the issue. I don't think I can answer! :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: island girl, Prov17

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4576

my dad says we shouldn't Love satan. but we don't have to hate him either. we can hate his deeds, but not neccesarily hate him. but not love either...
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: $ummertime$adne$$

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 5 months ago #4684

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 577
I think not! (lol) I heard a song on 3ABN (don't know if you heard of it) and it said "i've learned to hate him (satan) so". 3ABN is like a totally prophecy agent of God kind of station so why would they put that song on if it was bad to hate satan you know? Here's how i think about it, if there was a bully at your school you should love them and try to befriend them so there will be one more person in the kingdom of heaven. If you tryed to love satan (the biggest bully of all) he'd most likely use you and make you one of his earthly minions. And how could you love him in the first place you can't even see the guy plus you can't love someone if you don't do something for them out of the kindness of your heart or pray for them and as island girl said there would be no point. Satan has already defied God and won't ask for giveness until his dieing day. :pinch:
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #4836

OK Hate is not the opposite of love, its selfishness. If you think about it love is caring about others. Selfishness is caring only about yourself so if you dont love satan dont think you hate him.
B)

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5114

• guide fan
  • All Glory to God!
  • Thank you received: 65
Well I guess we should love Satan even if he is our worst enemy.The Bible says to.So i guess we should even though he is evil. :unsure:
guide fan :)

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5131

• DaughterOfGod13
OK, I've been so busy I've had no time to make the video, so here is what I have:
This is something I found online, but it is my opinion. All rights to Roy Dunavin

A young girl asked me this question: "Should we love Satan?" She clarified her question by saying Jesus taught us to love our enemies (Matthew 5:44-45) and that Satan is our enemy (1 Peter 5:8).
After careful consideration of the question, I answered something like this. All of mankind has hope; the apostle Paul said he had a goal or an aim to "... present every man perfect in Christ Jesus" (Colossians 1:28). We are to seek every man's highest good -- that is to love him that he might be saved. On the other hand, Satan's eternity has been sealed, there is not anything that man can do or should do to change that. We are told that Satan has gone forth with great wrath because he knows that he has but a short time (Revelation 12:12). Jesus tells us that he has prepared a lake of fire for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41).

What should be our attitude towards Satan? We should follow the example of Michael the archangel who refused to get involved with Satan, even in a discussion. Michael was willing to leave Satan in God's hands. He said, "The Lord rebuke thee" (Jude 9). Our attitude towards Satan should be to resist him. God said, "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). We are to be on guard and watchful because Satan is our enemy trying to devour us (1 Peter 5:8).

Satan has many devices; he is tricky. He is trying to lead us to the grave separated from God (2 Corinthians 2:11). He is trying to blind our minds to the word of God through unbelief (2 Corinthians 4:4).

We are not instructed in the inspired scripture to love Satan, but to overcome him. The only way we can do this is to fill our hearts with the word of God (1 John 2:14). Jesus is our example; Satan threw everything he had at Jesus -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life -- and each time Jesus would answer, "It is written." He defeated Satan with the word of God, and He did not try to convert him (Matthew 4:1-11) because Satan's eternity in the lake of fire had already been sealed.

In the context of Matthew 5, when Jesus said, "Love your enemies," He was discussing our relationship with our fellow man and not with Satan.

Roy Dunavin
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33, Godsadvicegiver12, Quirky, trio3, GodlyGirl, azur21

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5151

• guide fan
  • All Glory to God!
  • Thank you received: 65
The Bible says to love our enemies and satan is our worst enemy.
guide fan :)

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5169

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 577
DaughterOfGod12: that was powerful :ohmy:
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5211

• Wintergirl
  • Uh.. Wanna listen to music with me? :)
  • Thank you received: 177
Island Girl, Why not pick the "nasty dog"? Just because a dog is nasty and mean doesn't mean it shouldn't be loved. If I were the girl in the story I would also pick the dog with rabies and I would have it put down and out of it's misery.

I think that is a very wrong way to portray Satan and Jesus. Next time find a different way please.
NeverLetDown~A.W.K.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by wwilliams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn, Mp137

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5219

• TheCoolNerd
  • princess
  • Thank you received: 142
good question yes you should love him but not like the devil worshipers love him but don't serve him
\/ )
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by TheCoolNerd.

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5302

I dnt hate him but I dnt love him either ;)
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by $ummertime$adne$$.

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5381

• Godsadvicegiver12
DaughterofGod, you should add on to that and preach ot!!!!!!!!!seriously, /I am not joking! You would make very powerful preacher!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, SkeleBoy10

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5644

• Godsadvicegiver12
rosbesox4j, I am not lying! What I write it what I think(and know). She would! She was given a talent. I don't even know her very well and I think that she would be a very powerful preacher. SERIOUSLY! That could have offended DaughterofGod! We need to each be able to have our opinions(to a certain extent) but It is nice that if the opinion isn't very nice, not to post it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandqueen129, SkeleBoy10

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5711

• DaughterOfGod13
OK you guys, I am writing a message to each of your posts. Please don't be offended, and remember to put the *pray for one day/consider* before you post stuff on here regarding emotions!

@GodsAdvicegiver11 (first post): Good point :) I think what I found was not exactly supporting hate, but, like when Jesus was in the temple, and they were selling and buying things, He sent them out with a Righteous indignation, or Holy Anger for what had happened to Gods temple.
@island girl (first post), true :) Don't have much to say, except I may have found a different example. Maybe :)
@tim33 (first post): I agree :)
@Gogirl (first post): well, that isn't my opinion, personally, but i respect your opinion!
@rel96stradivarius: no comment
@JCUalumni33: yeah.....
@trio3 (first post): i'zagree
@snowdog27: yeah i sorta agree
@guide fan: (first post):well, that isn't my opinion, personally, but i respect your opinion!
@Wintergirl: no comment
@girl4jesus: yeah i see ur point
@robesox4j: 1st post: thats fine :) just dont um love him (i'm not trying to control u)
@Godsadvicegiver: thanks, i just might :)
@robesox4j:i dont think u should accuse her of lying :S imo that is
Don't worry anyone you havent offended me, but i would apprechiate it if you cooled off a lil bit :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: islandqueen129, Gogirl, Wintergirl, Godsadvicegiver12, trio3

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5723

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
DaughterofGod12, that is exactly the same as what my dad said, God has given you the gift of decernment, the ability to understand a topic well and respond accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #5740

kk no worries my opinion is diffGodsadvicegiver11 wrote:
rosbesox4j, I am not lying! What I write it what I think(and know). She would! She was given a talent. I don't even know her very well and I think that she would be a very powerful preacher. SERIOUSLY! That could have offended DaughterofGod! We need to each be able to have our opinions(to a certain extent) but It is nice that if the opinion isn't very nice, not to post it!

Re: Should we love satan? 5 years 4 months ago #6266

• DaughterOfGod13
@ tim33 thx......i think it is yea, a gift from God but also because I have, myself been misunderstood so much so........idk
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds