Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126946

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
  • Thank you received: 316
Hello Guidesteria,
At a Sabbath gathering I was at Seventh-Day Adventism was brought up. One lady mentioned how her brother would go to the leaders of SDA churches and after commending them for keeping the Sabbath, he would then ask why they didn't keep the other feasts as recorded in Leviticus 23. Passover (not the tradition filled way), Shavuot (Pentecost/first fruits), Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles). She didn't go into detail of what the leaders all said, but I wanted to inquire of what your denomination states and see if it bears standing to scripture. Have a blessed Sabbath rest.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126961

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 707
I was wondering when this topic would arrive.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126968

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
I'm curious as to what they said.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126977

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Now I'm curious what you believe about this. This is just a random guess, but was your family by any chance involved with the Worldwide Church of God or Church of God 7th Day denominations?

What I'm told is several SDA churches started keeping the feasts after this guy met with the leaders.
Proverbs 17:15, "He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to Yahweh."

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126978

• Prov17
  • Read the Bible
I always like looking up the history behind how denominations come into existence. I read that there are two denominations that broke from the SDA church. The first was called The Shepherd's Rod or Davidian SDA led by Victor Houteff, a native of Bulgaria like I am. Houteff was excommunicated as a heretic from the SDA church yet is considered as Ellen White's successor as prophet by the Davidian SDA's. Then after Houteff's death Benjamin Roden assumed power in a schism against Houteff's wife and chose to make a new denomination called the Branch Davidians made famous by David Koresh of the Waco, TX siege from the U.S. government. All I found was something that said the Branch Davidian distance themselves from the SDA church and Davidian SDA church over doctrinal differences among which was the importance of the feast days for today. Any insight to add? Any walking encyclopedias on here?

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126982

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Now I'm curious what you believe about this. This is just a random guess, but was your family by any chance involved with the Worldwide Church of God or Church of God 7th Day denominations?

What I'm told is several SDA churches started keeping the feasts after this guy met with the leaders.

Haha no. I've never even heard of a worldwide Church of God.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126983

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:

Glad to see that they were understanding.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126984

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Prov17 wrote:
I always like looking up the history behind how denominations come into existence. I read that there are two denominations that broke from the SDA church. The first was called The Shepherd's Rod or Davidian SDA led by Victor Houteff, a native of Bulgaria like I am. Houteff was excommunicated as a heretic from the SDA church yet is considered as Ellen White's successor as prophet by the Davidian SDA's. Then after Houteff's death Benjamin Roden assumed power in a schism against Houteff's wife and chose to make a new denomination called the Branch Davidians made famous by David Koresh of the Waco, TX siege from the U.S. government. All I found was something that said the Branch Davidian distance themselves from the SDA church and Davidian SDA church over doctrinal differences among which was the importance of the feast days for today. Any insight to add? Any walking encyclopedias on here?
Hmm...interesting. However, I feel that talking about Davidians is somewhat beside the point. I vaguely remember about the difference between the Davidian SDA branch and Seventh-Day Adventism.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #126986

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:

I intend to give my stance on this matter when others do. I already know where you stand on this matter.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #127026

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 233
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:

Haha no. I've never even heard of a worldwide Church of God.
You’ve never heard of the Worldwide Church of God????
Wow

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #127047

• KristytheCorgi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't call me princess. That's reserved for my dad
  • Thank you received: 97
Prov17 wrote:
Um never forget that the Branch Davidians was a cult. Cults tend to go overboard.
sup bro... PEACE OUT!!!

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #127048

• KristytheCorgi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't call me princess. That's reserved for my dad
  • Thank you received: 97
Prov17 wrote:
Hello Guidesteria,
At a Sabbath gathering I was at Seventh-Day Adventism was brought up. One lady mentioned how her brother would go to the leaders of SDA churches and after commending them for keeping the Sabbath, he would then ask why they didn't keep the other feasts as recorded in Leviticus 23. Passover (not the tradition filled way), Shavuot (Pentecost/first fruits), Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles). She didn't go into detail of what the leaders all said, but I wanted to inquire of what your denomination states and see if it bears standing to scripture. Have a blessed Sabbath rest.
Well, I'm probably not understanding what you are saying, but to what I understand, some of the stuff you mentioned (like the day of Atonement) was ended with the death of Jesus. Remember when Jesus said "It is finished?" The curtain in the temple ripped from top to bottom and the lamb that was being sacrificed managed to escape. That meant that the day of Atonement was no longer necessary; we could now ask God directly for forgiveness. Do you get where I'm going?
sup bro... PEACE OUT!!!

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #127062

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Um never forget that the Branch Davidians was a cult. Cults tend to go overboard.
I'm sure a lot of atheists think some denominations of Christianity are similar to cults...

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #127064

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Hello Guidesteria,
Well, I'm probably not understanding what you are saying, but to what I understand, some of the stuff you mentioned (like the day of Atonement) was ended with the death of Jesus. Remember when Jesus said "It is finished?" The curtain in the temple ripped from top to bottom and the lamb that was being sacrificed managed to escape. That meant that the day of Atonement was no longer necessary; we could now ask God directly for forgiveness. Do you get where I'm going?
Of course. The usual answer. So you believe that Jesus's death "nailed those ordinances such as the feasts in question to the cross," so to speak.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #127071

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
So, it begins.

The Feasts as Recorded in Leviticus 23 5 months 3 weeks ago #127115

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Prov17 wrote:
Hello Guidesteria,
I had to chuckle at this.
"The lamb that was being slaughtered managed to escape"--can you tell where you got this from because you're obviously not paying attention. Are you still thinking about a certain movie about, I don't know, a talking lamb named Judah? I may be going out on a limb there...
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds