Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Prayer..

Prayer.. 6 months 5 days ago #126448

• JoyBaker
  • Psalm 145:3
  • Thank you received: 232
Hola!
I was reading a book about prayer and I was thinking about this sentence I read..
“God often answers our prayers right away but most of the time He takes longer than we want Him to.”
I disagree with this statement. I believe that God always answers our prayers right away, but we don’t always get the answer immediately. It’s kinda like when you order a package. After you order it, it’s being packaged and then shipped, then driven to your house. It doesn’t arrive the same time, or even day. But that doesn’t mean the parcel isn’t being processed when you send the order.
Bad analogy, I know..
But, what do you all think?

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BookwormJo

Prayer.. 6 months 5 days ago #126455

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 478
I'm not really sure...and I don't think it really matters that much. What's important is that God always does hear our prayers. Sometimes his answer is no, sometimes yes, sometimes "not yet."
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 4 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

"what's past is prologue." - william shakespeare
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker

Prayer.. 6 months 5 days ago #126457

Hi JoyBaker!

I was really praying over what to share in response with your question, and the Lord led me to this Spirit of Prophecy quote that may better help answer your question. I understand that it’s a long quote, but it’s really good and informative:

God Answers Our Prayers When and How He Sees Best—Every saint who comes to God with a true heart, and sends his honest petitions to Him in faith, will have his prayers answered. Your faith must not let go of the promises of God, if you do not see or feel the immediate answer to your prayers. Be not afraid to trust God. Rely upon His sure promise: “Ask, and ye shall receive.” God is too wise to err, and too good to withhold any good thing from His saints that walk uprightly. Man is erring, and although his petitions are sent up from an honest heart, he does not always ask for the things that are good for himself, or that will glorify God. When this is so, our wise and good Father hears our prayers, and will answer, sometimes immediately; but He gives us the things that are for our best good and His own glory. God gives us blessings; if we could look into His plan, we would clearly see that He knows what is best for us and that our prayers are answered. Nothing hurtful is given, but the blessing we need, in the place of something we asked for that would not be good for us, but to our hurt.

I saw that if we do not feel immediate answers to our prayers, we should hold fast our faith, not allowing distrust to come in, for that will separate us from God. If our faith wavers, we shall receive nothing from Him. Our confidence in God should be strong; and when we need it most, the blessing will fall upon us like a shower of rain. —Pr 48.5-Pr 49.1
SDA Devotional Blog: learningtolivesdablog.com/

Blog For SDA Girls/Women Who Struggle With Sexual Sin/Addiction: mfmblogministry.com/

Prayer.. 6 months 5 days ago #126461

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 706
JoyBaker wrote:
Hola!
I was reading a book about prayer and I was thinking about this sentence I read..
“God often answers our prayers right away but most of the time He takes longer than we want Him to.”
I disagree with this statement. I believe that God always answers our prayers right away, but we don’t always get the answer immediately. It’s kinda like when you order a package. After you order it, it’s being packaged and then shipped, then driven to your house. It doesn’t arrive the same time, or even day. But that doesn’t mean the parcel isn’t being processed when you send the order.
Bad analogy, I know..
You just explained the meaning of that statement.

Prayer.. 6 months 5 days ago #126463

• JoyBaker
sci_geeek wrote:
I'm not really sure...and I don't think it really matters that much. What's important is that God always does hear our prayers. Sometimes his answer is no, sometimes yes, sometimes "not yet."
Okay! Thanks!

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

Prayer.. 6 months 5 days ago #126464

• JoyBaker
TheSparrowBlogger wrote:
Hi JoyBaker!

I was really praying over what to share in response with your question, and the Lord led me to this Spirit of Prophecy quote that may better help answer your question. I understand that it’s a long quote, but it’s really good and informative:

God Answers Our Prayers When and How He Sees Best—Every saint who comes to God with a true heart, and sends his honest petitions to Him in faith, will have his prayers answered. Your faith must not let go of the promises of God, if you do not see or feel the immediate answer to your prayers. Be not afraid to trust God. Rely upon His sure promise: “Ask, and ye shall receive.” God is too wise to err, and too good to withhold any good thing from His saints that walk uprightly. Man is erring, and although his petitions are sent up from an honest heart, he does not always ask for the things that are good for himself, or that will glorify God. When this is so, our wise and good Father hears our prayers, and will answer, sometimes immediately; but He gives us the things that are for our best good and His own glory. God gives us blessings; if we could look into His plan, we would clearly see that He knows what is best for us and that our prayers are answered. Nothing hurtful is given, but the blessing we need, in the place of something we asked for that would not be good for us, but to our hurt.

I saw that if we do not feel immediate answers to our prayers, we should hold fast our faith, not allowing distrust to come in, for that will separate us from God. If our faith wavers, we shall receive nothing from Him. Our confidence in God should be strong; and when we need it most, the blessing will fall upon us like a shower of rain. —Pr 48.5-Pr 49.1
Thank you! I don’t really understand the quote.. Like, I understand it, but I don’t know what it means.. Idk!
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

Prayer.. 6 months 4 days ago #126471

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
JoyBaker wrote:
TheSparrowBlogger wrote:
Hi JoyBaker!

Thank you! I don’t really understand the quote.. Like, I understand it, but I don’t know what it means.. Idk!
Yes, that's the feeling quite a few people get when reading her writings.

Prayer.. 6 months 4 days ago #126480

JoyBaker wrote:
TheSparrowBlogger wrote:
Hi JoyBaker!

Hi JoyBaker!

What Ellen White is basically saying is that when it comes to prayer, the foundational focus that we should have isn't on how fast or how slow it takes for our prayers to be answered, but rather to have a complete trust in God that He will answer according His perfect will, way, and wisdom.

It reminds me of what Isaiah 55:9 says:

Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways. And my thoughts are higher than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9 ICB)

Also, another thing I wanna mention is that we of our own selves cannot understand things like God's Word and the Spirit of Prophecy without the Holy Spirit's help.

The NLV Bible version of Ephesians 1:17 says it like this: I pray that the great God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ may give you the wisdom of His Spirit. Then you will be able to understand the secrets about Him as you know Him better.

Continuing to keep you in prayer, JoyBaker, as you learn to grow deeper in your personal prayer walk with the Lord!
SDA Devotional Blog: learningtolivesdablog.com/

Blog For SDA Girls/Women Who Struggle With Sexual Sin/Addiction: mfmblogministry.com/

Prayer.. 6 months 4 days ago #126483

• pathfinder4ever
  • NOW ONLINE
  • don’t click my profile.. Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 649
JoyBaker wrote:
Hola!
Bad analogy, I know..
I’ve never thought of it that way, but you’re right. That’s a beautiful analogy. God’s timing is never late!❤️
Speak for those who have no voice.
Red and yellow...black and white.... We're all precious in His sight....❤️
Any questions? Ask!
-kash (aka pathfinder4ever)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoyBaker, TheSparrowBlogger

Prayer.. 6 months 3 days ago #126486

• JoyBaker
TheSparrowBlogger wrote:

Hi JoyBaker!

What Ellen White is basically saying is that when it comes to prayer, the foundational focus that we should have isn't on how fast or how slow it takes for our prayers to be answered, but rather to have a complete trust in God that He will answer according His perfect will, way, and wisdom.

Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways. And my thoughts are higher than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9 ICB)

Also, another thing I wanna mention is that we of our own selves cannot understand things like God's Word and the Spirit of Prophecy without the Holy Spirit's help.

The NLV Bible version of Ephesians 1:17 says it like this: I pray that the great God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ may give you the wisdom of His Spirit. Then you will be able to understand the secrets about Him as you know Him better.

Continuing to keep you in prayer, JoyBaker, as you learn to grow deeper in your personal prayer walk with the Lord!
I agree! Thank you for explaining! Your prayers are much appreciated.

glowtxt.com/
#Talentshowcasewriter

Prayer.. 6 months 17 hours ago #126533

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
TheSparrowBlogger wrote:
JoyBaker wrote:
TheSparrowBlogger wrote:
Hi JoyBaker!

Hi JoyBaker!

How does one exactly know if they're being led by the Holy Spirit rather than their own thoughts and ideologies?

Prayer.. 6 months 13 hours ago #126552

• KristytheCorgi
  • Don't call me princess. That's reserved for my dad
  • Thank you received: 95
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
How does one exactly know if they're being led by the Holy Spirit rather than their own thoughts and ideologies?
I've asked myself the same thing. Kinda scary
sup bro... PEACE OUT!!!

Prayer.. 6 months 13 hours ago #126555

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 478
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I think there's more than one factor, but one of them is that when you're led by your own thoughts/ideologies it's done more or less selfishly.
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 4 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

"what's past is prologue." - william shakespeare

Prayer.. 6 months 9 hours ago #126565

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
I think there's more than one factor, but one of them is that when you're led by your own thoughts/ideologies it's done more or less selfishly.
That's understandable, however I'm expecting a clear, thorough answer.

Prayer.. 5 months 4 weeks ago #126590

• KristytheCorgi
  • Don't call me princess. That's reserved for my dad
  • Thank you received: 95
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
ask a theologian.
sup bro... PEACE OUT!!!

Prayer.. 5 months 4 weeks ago #126603

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
ask a theologian.
Yes, and have him bore me...

Prayer.. 5 months 4 weeks ago #126605

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
ask a theologian.
Not expecting a straight answer, anyways.

Prayer.. 5 months 4 weeks ago #126615

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 274
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
ask a theologian.
Theologians bore you?
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

Prayer.. 5 months 4 weeks ago #126616

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 274
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
ask a theologian.
What would a straight thorough answer look like?
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

Prayer.. 5 months 4 weeks ago #126619

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
ask a theologian.
Theologians bore you?
Yes...
Their always contradictory doctrines...unclear answers...the very fact they claim to know all the answers, but their reasoning always has holes.

Prayer.. 5 months 4 weeks ago #126620

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
ask a theologian.
What would a straight thorough answer look like?
You'll see.
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds