Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Samson

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124320

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
  • Thank you received: 275
Yesterday I was criticizing Samson for not seeing through Delilah's treachery. So I decided to read through Samson's story again, to avoid being as blind as he was.
After reading through part of Judges 13, I've got a question.

How much of our free will is determined by our purpose? Samson was supposed to free the Israelites from the Philistines, like all the other judges, but he was a rebel, kinda, and wasn't completing his purpose. God put hostility between him and the Philistines, to make him complete his purpose.
What does that mean? Ach, I'm kinda all over the place

And also . . . why did the bees make a hive inside a lion carcass??
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by BookwormJo. Reason: Unclear wording
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124324

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 707
Those species of bees could be extinct, seeing as how lions don't live in those areas anymore.

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124326

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Those species of bees could be extinct, seeing as how lions don't live in those areas anymore.
So there could be a species of bees who nest in carcasses? I have to check that out!
“Pray and pray and pray, and if that doesn’t work, listen to what God is telling you to do!” -- random 5 year old.

#greatmindsthinkalike
Warning: anything you say can -- and probably will -- be used as writing inspiration

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124327

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124328

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
But would vulture bees make sweet "meat honey"? Or was this just a miraculous occurrence with regular bees and honey?

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124329

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Oh, I also just learned that Samson didn't have super strength from his birth. I guess that's a good thing or else, imagine this.
Baby Samson is lying swaddled in a blanket. He stretches, and the blanket rips.
Or
Baby Samson smiles up at his mom and grabs her finger.
She starts screaming as her finger loses blood circulation.

Or even
Young Samson is chopping wood. He grips the axe and whacks it onto a log. The log splits into a million shards. The axe is also broken, and splinters are left in Samson's hands.
Judges 13:25 says that while he was at the Camp of Dan, God began strengthening him.

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124334

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
But would vulture bees make sweet "meat honey"? Or was this just a miraculous occurrence with regular bees and honey?
Could be an ancestor of those bees

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124344

BookwormJo wrote:
Oh, I also just learned that Samson didn't have super strength from his birth. I guess that's a good thing or else, imagine this.
Or

Or even
Young Samson is chopping wood. He grips the axe and whacks it onto a log. The log splits into a million shards. The axe is also broken, and splinters are left in Samson's hands.
Judges 13:25 says that while he was at the Camp of Dan, God began strengthening him.
LOL

Writers Block: When your imaginary friends refuse to talk to you.

YouTube Channels:

Stories of Faith: www.youtube.com/channel/UCudEpP-KJhonYokRNIMC6pg
Kute Kitties: www.youtube.com/channel/UCWEvdHXKaaITP_cGYgBRYaw

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124361

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 482
BookwormJo wrote:
Or

Or even
I had never thought of that!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 4 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile

"what's past is prologue." - william shakespeare

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124389

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Or

Or even
Bringing down the house still? I already thought we had a good laugh...

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124399

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Or

Or even
Wait, I'm being . . . funny?

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124418

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Or

Or even
Wait, I'm being . . . funny?
Yeah, inadvertently

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124454

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
I learnt that Nazirites could be women or men.

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124457

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
BookwormJo wrote:
Wow, interesting!

<> <> <>

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124475

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Yeah they could...

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124537

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
I moved on to Judges 14, where Samson randomly visited Timnah. (Why? It wasn't even an Israelite town. What was he doing there?)
Anyway, he saw a girl, thought "She's a beaut," and decided he wanted to marry her. :S :whistle: :side:
If I up and decided to marry any guy I thought mildly good-looking, I'd be married several times over. :lol: :dry:
At least he told his parents.

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124550

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
BookwormJo wrote:
I moved on to Judges 14, where Samson randomly visited Timnah. (Why? It wasn't even an Israelite town. What was he doing there?)
Anyway, he saw a girl, thought "She's a beaut," and decided he wanted to marry her. :S :whistle: :side:
If I up and decided to marry any guy I thought mildly good-looking, I'd be married several times over. :lol: :dry:
The interesting thing is that it says "God was looking to pick a fight with the Philistines" basically. Hmm, but I'm wondering why he decided to go through the route of Samson getting a Philistine bride

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124554

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
BookwormJo wrote:
Don't forget the broken relationship, yelling, depressed children, divorces, and so on...

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124567

You know, my friends don't know the story of Samson and Delilah in the bible. They only know a Wattpad story named Samson and Delilah :side:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

I tried telling them the story today but because we had a Religious Education Test today, one said if it's not pertaining to the test they don't wanna hear, another actually went online to read the story from some pdf and not from the bible so who knows the false information she got, I give one the bible to read the story and she locked the bible. So, I just told them straightforwardly. "Guys, (girls actually hehehe "nervous giggle*) go to church."

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124569

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
BookwormJo wrote:
Don't forget the broken relationship, yelling, depressed children, divorces, and so on...
Ach. Samson = bad relationship example

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124570

• BookwormJo
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I'm indescribable.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:
You know, my friends don't know the story of Samson and Delilah in the bible. They only know a Wattpad story named Samson and Delilah :side:

I tried telling them the story today but because we had a Religious Education Test today, one said if it's not pertaining to the test they don't wanna hear, another actually went online to read the story from some pdf and not from the bible so who knows the false information she got, I give one the bible to read the story and she locked the bible. So, I just told them straightforwardly. "Guys, (girls actually hehehe "nervous giggle*) go to church."

Hmm . . . Many people don't want to read the Bible anymore . . . Sad.
Ahh, good point. Hercules probably came from Samson's story

#greatmindsthinkalike

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124579

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:

I don't know what Wattpad is. Sound weird tbh

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124580

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:

I don't think there are rip-offs of anything, just variations. Of course, some of them are just pure ridiculous.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Khriz Kool Katz.

Samson 7 months 3 weeks ago #124591

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:

Wattpad? Lol. I had a friend who used to post Hamilton fan fiction there.

<> <> <>

Samson 7 months 2 weeks ago #124606

Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Alyssa4Jesus wrote:

I don't know what Wattpad is. Sound weird tbh
Khriz, you don't know Wattpad? Like that website/app everyone writes their own stories on and publish. You can legit read anything on it. Kinda dangerous stillz
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds