Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Question About GOD

A Question About GOD 1 month 2 weeks ago #88190

• IlikeEatingPi
  • I'm Gluten Free :(
  • Thank you received: 50
I was reading around reddit, and someone asked if God wanted us to believe in him, why didn't he just give evidence that he is real. I doesn't bother me much, but I want to hear your opinions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A Question About GOD 1 month 2 weeks ago #88215

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 437
God does give some people the evidence that he is real, that are many stories of people who have seen Jesus in dreams. There is also all lot of evidence in science that points to a creator. The thing is that people don't want a God that has control over their life so they find excuses for why he isn't real. the evidence is there, you just have to look for it.

But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up on wings like eagles,
They will run and not grow weary,
They will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31 :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, LolingforJesus

A Question About GOD 1 month 2 weeks ago #88301

There is evidence that God does exist, but the reason why God doesn't flat out show himself is because: "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Blue Tornado, horsegirl04, LolingforJesus

A Question About GOD 1 month 2 weeks ago #88325

ComeLetUsReason wrote:
There is evidence that God does exist, but the reason why God doesn't flat out show himself is because: "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." Luke 16:31
yah like when Jesus came to the earth, they didn't believe it was Him :dry:

A Question About GOD 1 month 2 weeks ago #88332

If God just showed us that He's real, then there would be no doubt in anyone's mind as to whether or not He was God. That would be coercive, and that goes against God's very nature. He wants people to believe in Him out of love, not because He proved His existence to them. If God showed us He exists, it would force us to say that He exists. Then Satan would have an argument against God - He doesn't live up to His standards. There has to be room for doubt in the human mind, or else it couldn't be said of God that He gives everyone a choice to follow Him. If everyone saw God for who He really is, no one would refuse Him. So Go allows room for our choices. Ellen White says somewhere that God allowed for some "hooks to hang our doubts on" so that if anyone chooses not to believe, they have something to go on. Basically, it takes faith to believe, no matter what you believe in. And God allowed just enough information to give us hope and help us in our belief, but not enough to force people to believe. I hope that made sense... :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, nadcombo, horsegirl04
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds