Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Making A Deal With God

Making A Deal With God 1 month 2 weeks ago #88057

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 615
Please don't judge me... Although I can't really tell you to do that since it is in human nature/how society is xD

So basically, I made a deal with God many years ago, when I was in 7th grade. I said that if God did this one thing for me, I would read my Bible every night, and if I miss a night of reading my Bible, God can make the following day the worst day I'd ever have. So I've been reading my Bible every night since then.

But now it's kind of becoming a burden... Like now, I don't read different verses, I only read Psalm 23 and 91 before I go to bed (cause I only read stories/the rest from my CEV Bible, and I lost it, also laziness). It's been a burden for a long while, and I just read the Bible emptily. One day when I was at church, our pastor said that God hates meaningless rituals towards him, and me reading my Bible each night has somewhat become an meaningless ritual for me now. But every night I keep reading my Bible in fear that the following day, it'll be my worst (like I might lost something I love, I break a bone, or worse). Sometimes I'm super tired at night and just skim through the verses without meaning or almost forget to read.

So what should I do? I'm scared to stop reading my Bible to see what happens, but then it's just another empty ritual.
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
It's okay, you won't notice I'm gone ^O^
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Making A Deal With God 1 month 2 weeks ago #88075

• jGod8865
  • Pollo y Papa Frita Philippians 4:13-
  • Thank you received: 214
Pray to God and ask for help. Start doing devotionals on the Bible app instead of reading the same verses over and over. But I don't think that if you stop reading something bad will happen because God loves us and knows we will make mistakes and will mess up. And God punishing us cruely for not reading His word would prove Satan right in that God rules us by fear.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro, horsegirl04, sekayi_101, TravelPastel

Making A Deal With God 1 month 2 weeks ago #88082

TravelPastel wrote:
Please don't judge me... Although I can't really tell you to do that since it is in human nature/how society is xD

So basically, I made a deal with God many years ago, when I was in 7th grade. I said that if God did this one thing for me, I would read my Bible every night, and if I miss a night of reading my Bible, God can make the following day the worst day I'd ever have. So I've been reading my Bible every night since then.

But now it's kind of becoming a burden... Like now, I don't read different verses, I only read Psalm 23 and 91 before I go to bed (cause I only read stories/the rest from my CEV Bible, and I lost it, also laziness). It's been a burden for a long while, and I just read the Bible emptily. One day when I was at church, our pastor said that God hates meaningless rituals towards him, and me reading my Bible each night has somewhat become an meaningless ritual for me now. But every night I keep reading my Bible in fear that the following day, it'll be my worst (like I might lost something I love, I break a bone, or worse). Sometimes I'm super tired at night and just skim through the verses without meaning or almost forget to read.

So what should I do? I'm scared to stop reading my Bible to see what happens, but then it's just another empty ritual.
If you feel like that, I would suggest a devotional that has some Bible verses in it.

God isn't like Satan. When you make a deal with Satan, he will torture you if you don't do it. But not with God. Pray to Him and tell Him how you feel. He understands.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sekayi_101, jGod8865, TravelPastel

Making A Deal With God 1 month 2 weeks ago #88125

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 568
I read a chapter from the Bible every night, and I read the next chapter the next night. I start in Genesis an go to Revelation, then I start over in a different version. It may not work for you, but you could try it.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Making A Deal With God 1 month 2 weeks ago #88302

What I do is read 5 chapters a day, 3 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. In the morning, I read a chapter from 3 different Old Testament books, and in the afternoon I read 2 New Testament books. I don't know if this will work for you though. If necessary, keep a Bible study journal with you to make notes of verses you found that either confuse you, help you or are interesting. I hope this helps.
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds