Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are we worshiping on the wrong day?

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87451

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 351
So I have come across a few websites that have said that the Seventh Day Sabbath is not really the true Sabbath and that SDA's are worshipping on the wrong day. Some claim that the calendar has been changed. Now I know that the calendar was changed but that this did not affect the weekly seven-day cycle. What I am worried about is the fact that our calendar currently is based on the sun's movement, while the Hebrew calendar was lunar, or based on the moon. For the Hebrews, the start of the month was the New Moon. This followed the moon's cycle and so every New Moon was a new month. They counted every seven days from the New Moon to the Sabbath and since the beginning of the month was on different days, the Sabbath would occur on a different day each week. For example, Sabbath could have been on a Monday and then on a Thursday the next week. I'm confused because now it seems like we are worshipping on the wrong day. Plus, all the feasts and sabbaths in old Israel were based on this system as well. Are we in the wrong? :dry:
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87452

• CherryBomb
  • I am a gymnast, I love Jesus, I love cats!
  • Thank you received: 24
mittens92999 wrote:
So I have come across a few websites that have said that the Seventh Day Sabbath is not really the true Sabbath and that SDA's are worshipping on the wrong day. Some claim that the calendar has been changed. Now I know that the calendar was changed but that this did not affect the weekly seven-day cycle. What I am worried about is the fact that our calendar currently is based on the sun's movement, while the Hebrew calendar was lunar, or based on the moon. For the Hebrews, the start of the month was the New Moon. This followed the moon's cycle and so every New Moon was a new month. They counted every seven days from the New Moon to the Sabbath and since the beginning of the month was on different days, the Sabbath would occur on a different day each week. For example, Sabbath could have been on a Monday and then on a Thursday the next week. I'm confused because now it seems like we are worshipping on the wrong day. Plus, all the feasts and sabbaths in old Israel were based on this system as well. Are we in the wrong? :dry:
I think... Ummm Im sorry I'm confused!
____"Now is our chance to choose the right side. God is holding back to give us that chance. It won't last forever. We must take it or leave it." - C.S Lewis_____ Our fingers have fingertips, but our toes don't have toe tips... yet we can tip toe._____ Motto: I ove guide

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87458

• Quirky
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3133
Are you talking about the Lunar Sabbath? My mom discovered a video/website thing about that too. I mean, it makes sense. Tbh I'm a little bit scared about studying it...it just leads me to other questions about our faith, ya know?

I'm in now way trying to scare you away from studying it for yourself. Its something that I think we all should have answer for

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87460

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
Are you talking about the Lunar Sabbath? My mom discovered a video/website thing about that too. I mean, it makes sense. Tbh I'm a little bit scared about studying it...it just leads me to other questions about our faith, ya know?

I'm in now way trying to scare you away from studying it for yourself. Its something that I think we all should have answer for

Yes, I think what's what it's called.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87464

mittens92999 wrote:

Ok, this is messing with your head the devil is getting in. What day did JESUS REST? THE 7TH! :cheer: This Sabbath is the day jesus made for rest!
Hi! I'm an SDA! Head deacon's daughter! I am A Faithful pathfinder. And I love jesus!

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87465

We are worshiping on the Sabbath God said himself, Let the 7th day be for rest. God hasn't changed. He never will. no matter what happens in the world he will alway be right. god chose saturday. so that is the day.
Hi! I'm an SDA! Head deacon's daughter! I am A Faithful pathfinder. And I love jesus!

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87486

• Quirky
Whitetiger456 wrote:
We are worshiping on the Sabbath God said himself, Let the 7th day be for rest. God hasn't changed. He never will. no matter what happens in the world he will alway be right. god chose saturday. so that is the day.

But that's the problem. The word "Saturday" didn't exist when God created the Sabbath, right? Yes the Sabbath is on the 7th day of the week, but how do we know when the week that God created begins and ends?

I still have a bazillion questions about this topic, but I do think that its a valid point to bring up. I really wanna know what the bible says about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, TravelPastel

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87506

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 37
If you really want to know. I suggest that you go to bibleinfo.com and ask the people there. (I know several people who volunteer for bible info) and they can answer your questions about the "Lunar Sabbath". My Grandfather has recently dealt with someone who got in to all of that stuff. So if you want I can post the document that he made about it. Rather than that I'd say ask Bible info.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87507

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 130
Mittens, if I'm understanding correctly, this whole lunar Sabbath thing is just a weak attack on SDAs. If we're wrong because we always worship on Saturday, then everybody who keeps Sunday is wrong because for them, it's always Sunday. Also, we keep the same Sabbath as the Jews.

As you said, the seven-day cycle was not changed, so the only way the day could have changed from Monday, to Tuesday, etc., then stayed on Saturday, would be if a day was added to the week suddenly or something like that. But people have tried changing the week from seven days to something else, like three, and it hasn't worked. God created Earth in six days and rested on the seventh. That would probably mean that there was a seven day week. That hasn't been changed, because who would give up the week they were used to and just go with a completely different cycle?

We are also keeping the same Sabbath Jesus kept. If it had been changed in the last two thousand years, there would probably be evidence for it.

I think I'll study a bit and give a better answer later.
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87513

Quirky wrote:
Whitetiger456 wrote:

But that's the problem. The word "Saturday" didn't exist when God created the Sabbath, right? Yes the Sabbath is on the 7th day of the week, but how do we know when the week that God created begins and ends?

I still have a bazillion questions about this topic, but I do think that its a valid point to bring up. I really wanna know what the bible says about it.
so actually my dad did intense studying on this topic, and even though the calendar has really changed, the Sabbath is actually still the same. I can ask more questions from my dad if y'all are curious. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEMONwizard, TravelPastel

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87528

• Quirky
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Whitetiger456 wrote:

so actually my dad did intense studying on this topic, and even though the calendar has really changed, the Sabbath is actually still the same. I can ask more questions from my dad if y'all are curious. :)

Yes! I would love to see what he found out!

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87531

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 432
I don't know if this answers your question but here's Doug Batchelor on Bible Answers Live. Maybe it'll help?

[url=https://https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/media/e/1027/f/6/t/can-you-explain-the-new-moon-s-and-sabbath-][/url]

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87541

Quirky wrote:
LolingforJesus wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Whitetiger456 wrote:

Yes! I would love to see what he found out!
I'll have to ask him, then I will post what he found out :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87561

Quirky wrote:
Whitetiger456 wrote:

Yes, but if the 7th day of the week was sunday, then the Sad MONDAY :sick: would be the first day. But the calendar week starts on sunday, Witch makes it saturday the 7th day.

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87567

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
Whitetiger456 wrote:
Quirky wrote:
Whitetiger456 wrote:

Yes, but if the 7th day of the week was sunday, then the Sad MONDAY :sick: would be the first day. But the calendar week starts on sunday, Witch makes it saturday the 7th day.

I don't think you really understand what I am asking.

-15 years old

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 4 weeks ago #87575

What are you asking?

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87598

• Quirky
@Whitetiger

She isn't questioning what numerical day of the week is the Sabbath. The bible is clear that the Sabbath is on the seventh day of the week. The question is this: Is the week that we are using now (with the Gregorian calender and all of that stuff) the same week that God set up in the beginning? How do we know when His week begins and ends?

Thats what I am understanding about what mittens is talking about.

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87607

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1241
mittens92999 wrote:
Quirky wrote:

Yes, I think what's what it's called.

The Lunar Sabbath is a fringe belief that most people don't recognize, and it wasn't kept during Biblical times. Many ancient societies had a lunar calendar, but the purpose of using the moon was never for the days of the week. Since a lunar cycle is 29.5 days, the moon was used as a marker for months. In Genesis 1:14, we find that God determined three things in the skies to be the markers for time: the sun, the moon, and the stars.

Like I said before, the moon was used to determine the length of months, which is why most ancient societies have 360-day calendars with 12 30-day months. However, the moon is not the only sign in the sky. The rising and setting of the sun has always been used to determine days, never the moon. What Jews use the lunar calendar for today is to determine the dates of specific festivals, never the Sabbath, since Sabbath is always a fixed point.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: LEMONwizard

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87617

• Quirky
But what determines the weekly cycle? Is it just that God set it in motion at the beginning and it hasn't changed?

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87623

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
Quirky wrote:
@Whitetiger

She isn't questioning what numerical day of the week is the Sabbath. The bible is clear that the Sabbath is on the seventh day of the week. The question is this: Is the week that we are using now (with the Gregorian calender and all of that stuff) the same week that God set up in the beginning? How do we know when His week begins and ends?

Thats what I am understanding about what mittens is talking about.

Thanks. You explained it better than I could have. :silly:

-15 years old

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87627

ok.

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87632

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1166
I believe that if we were worshipping on the wrong Sabbath day that God would show us on what day we are to worship :)
Amos 3:7 >>
Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, LolingforJesus

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87633

Amen

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87806

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 564
Quirky wrote:
But what determines the weekly cycle? Is it just that God set it in motion at the beginning and it hasn't changed?
Can it be anything else? Years are measured by the sun, months are measured by the moon, days are also measured by the sun, hours, minutes, and seconds are just fractions of a day, but what are weeks?
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Are we worshiping on the wrong day? 1 month 3 weeks ago #87817

Then how come God led the early adventists to worship on saturday? If it was wrong the Ellen White would've told them so.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds