Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job...

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 2 weeks ago #81456

  • MunchyMike
  • MunchyMike's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 32
  • Thank you received: 7
It seems kind of odd that he'd just pop up in heaven, And if he could fly up there, why'd he fall to the earth if he could fly? Why'd he just decide to stay here? He could go to any other planet. Why not chill in heaven?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 2 weeks ago #81468

  • jGod8865
  • jGod8865's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 333
  • Thank you received: 102
MunchyMike wrote:
It seems kind of odd that he'd just pop up in heaven, And if he could fly up there, why'd he fall to the earth if he could fly? Why'd he just decide to stay here? He could go to any other planet. Why not chill in heaven?

When God casted Satan and all of his followers out of Heaven, God said that Satan just couldn't live there anymore. So during the time of Job Satan was still allowed access into Heaven and thats how he was able to go to God's courts and talks about Job. But later on after Job's time God restricted Satan of being able to go to heaven. So now Satan is now just trapped on Earth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 1 week ago #81589

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 507
MunchyMike wrote:
It seems kind of odd that he'd just pop up in heaven, And if he could fly up there, why'd he fall to the earth if he could fly? Why'd he just decide to stay here? He could go to any other planet. Why not chill in heaven?

In addition to what jGod said, at that point in time Satan still had a mask. The angels had questions about why Satan was cast away (that's how devious Satan is). After the crucifixion, though, the angels just didn't listen to him anymore, so he didn't even bother visiting heaven. Also, Satan is pure evil, and the harmony in heaven is not compatible with his character. From what I've been told, he is not comfortable even being in heaven, and once the angels stopped listening he had no reason to go.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MunchyMike

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 1 week ago #81624

  • Marme101
  • Marme101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Loves God, Cats, Blue/Lime Green and Star Wars xD
  • Posts: 235
  • Thank you received: 107
MunchyMike wrote:
It seems kind of odd that he'd just pop up in heaven, And if he could fly up there, why'd he fall to the earth if he could fly? Why'd he just decide to stay here? He could go to any other planet. Why not chill in heaven?

I watched a good sermon a while ago and it explained where and why Satan was in Job 1:6. Here's the sermon (about 22mins in). But as to why didn't he stay in heaven, he couldn't because when he rebelled against God, Jesus defeated him and exiled him to Earth so that sin wouldn't spread. I recommend you read the first chapter of Desire of Ages by E.G.White as it has a lot on this subject.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 1 week ago #81633

The book of job was made very early on
Bikerider 11 but my friends call me lalipop. You all I hope my friends. I like riding bikes, and my favorite number is 11. Also, that is my age as well. I would like to help with Guide Magazine. let me know if I can do anything to help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 1 week ago #81691

  • sekayi_101
  • sekayi_101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Posts: 213
  • Thank you received: 96
Just because Satan quote on quote 'fell' to the earth, doesn't mean he didn't have the ability to fly..he was removed from heaven because of his sin.
As for if he could go to another planet, he could only go/live there if he was accepted or if the people had fallen (they could have only fallen, like us if they had been tempted by Satan and sinned, because God created perfect beings(we were prefect before the fall of man)) When Satan came here and tempted Eve..he was successful. She wasn't sucessful in resisting the temptation(and so he stayed here...a place were he thought he could reign and have power/have as his own). Ellen White says in her book Early Writings:

The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me, and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green, and the birds there warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes; they were noble, majestic, and lovely. They bore the express image of Jesus, and their countenances beamed with holy joy, expressive of the freedom and happiness of the place. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. The reply was, "We have lived in strict obedience to the commandments of God, and have not fallen by disobedience, like those on the earth." Then I saw two trees, one looked much like the tree of life in the city. The fruit of both looked beautiful, but of one they could not eat. They had power to eat of both, but were forbidden to eat of one. Then my attending angel said to me, "None in this place have tasted of the forbidden tree; but if they should eat, they would fall." [Early Writings, pp. 39, 40]

From this, we know these people (from other worlds), had never sinned. If Satan did visit these worlds, and temped them, it's obvious that they didn't listen to him and continued to obey God. Therefore, he couldn't stay there.

He couldn't chill in heaven if God had thrown him out. He appeared in Heaven in Job, because God had called a meeting with the sons of God (representatives from the other worlds) and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD (as a representative for earth...but earth didn't belong to him)

I hope this was helpful. If they're still questions or doubts, let us know.

Sorry if it was long.. :oops: :cheer:


Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, MunchyMike

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 1 week ago #81704

In fact, the Book of Job is poised by many renowned biblical scholars to be an allegory. Proof of this can be found in the text; if you know about the art of Hebrew Poetry, you can easily see the parallelism which is a dominant tool in Hebrew Poetry. This would mean that nothing in the Book of Job actually happened, but instead strives to tell a certain story and moral.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82156

  • MunchyMike
  • MunchyMike's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 32
  • Thank you received: 7
Oh, well that does make sense...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82177

ryanflack342 wrote:
In fact, the Book of Job is poised by many renowned biblical scholars to be an allegory. Proof of this can be found in the text; if you know about the art of Hebrew Poetry, you can easily see the parallelism which is a dominant tool in Hebrew Poetry. This would mean that nothing in the Book of Job actually happened, but instead strives to tell a certain story and moral.
much of scripture is written in the same poetic way
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82196

  • sekayi_101
  • sekayi_101's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Posts: 213
  • Thank you received: 96
ryanflack342 wrote:
In fact, the Book of Job is poised by many renowned biblical scholars to be an allegory. Proof of this can be found in the text; if you know about the art of Hebrew Poetry, you can easily see the parallelism which is a dominant tool in Hebrew Poetry. This would mean that nothing in the Book of Job actually happened, but instead strives to tell a certain story and moral.

As Seventh-Day Adventist, we don't believe that the book of Job was an allegory; we believe it is a real story. In Ezekiel 14: 14, 20, Noah, Daniel and JOB are all mentioned(READ). Noah and Daniel are real people right? So why not Job? If Job is a fictional character/ the story is an Allegory, then the stories of Noah and Daniel must be allegories too...BUT we believe that they were all real people.

And allegory is
a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.
For example. "Pilgrim's Progress is an allegory of the spiritual journey"


The only thing I can see in the bible that seems close to this are parables...
What do you guys think?

(You can check the pic below for more info)
Attachments:


Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: notturningaside

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82199

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Well the whole book of Job doesn't make sense to me. For example, in Job 2:3 even God says that it would be pretty dumb for Satan to impose that God should bring bad to a good man for no reason and yet he does it anyway for no reason. He says it himself that there was no reason. In fact if you take that verse you can easily turn it around and say that God had no reason to allow harm upon good people. It's just a faith thing in the end I guess...
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82215

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 820
  • Thank you received: 981
SRNitro wrote:
Well the whole book of Job doesn't make sense to me. For example, in Job 2:3 even God says that it would be pretty dumb for Satan to impose that God should bring bad to a good man for no reason and yet he does it anyway for no reason. He says it himself that there was no reason. In fact if you take that verse you can easily turn it around and say that God had no reason to allow harm upon good people. It's just a faith thing in the end I guess...

Well, remember that there are others in heaven. I personally believe that Satan is rather good at deceiving, and before he fell from Heaven he planted seeds of doubt even in the most loyal of angels. So, God allowed Satan to destroy and ravage and fill the world with sin to prove His veracity to the other unfallen beings. Even though they saw all the trouble happening in this world, we have reason to believe that the angels were still not fully convinced of Satan's lies and deceit until the moment Jesus was lifted onto the cross.

When Satan waltzed into Heaven proclaiming himself the king of earth, God used Job as an example of one man who was loyal to Him and Him only. This didn't sit too well with Satan, who retorted that Job was only loyal to God because of the love God had shown him... and you likely know the rest.

God knows that He is just. So does Satan. The angels, however, didn't at that time. They trusted that God was good and just, but they weren't 100% sure. So God showed them that He was.

God showed the angels that Satan is evil and not worthy to be in Heaven. Now He has to show them that we are worthy of being in Heaven. And that's why God allows harm to come to good people. It's not like you're going through life alone, though. He will help us every step of the way until He comes again :side:



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Stverno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82219

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
So to show how evil Satan was... he allowed an innocent man... to experience some of the worst pain you could ever feel, for no reason. And I'm not saying that God is saying that. God said himself in Job 2:3 that God said that Satan wanted him to inflict pain on Job for no good reason. Not only that it would be totally hypocritical of God if that was true. If God said, "Hey look Satan does these things he's so evil" it would be very hypocritical considering he was the one that allowed Satan to do it. Even though he didn't actively and physically hurt Job he allowed it. It's kind of a stand back and watch kind of thing.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82220

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 820
  • Thank you received: 981
I believe that's why God chose Job and not anyone else. He knew that Job could handle it. Anyone else probably would have given in, but not Job. God never allows anything to happen to you that you can't handle.

Imagine if God didn't allow Satan to test Job. What would the angels think? If He didn't answer the veiled accusation Satan put forth, the doubt of the angels would simply grow.



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
Last Edit: 3 months 3 days ago by Stverno.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82221

Satan was allowed in heaven until Jesus Christ died because after that the whole universe saw that Satan was not going to repent from his sin which was pride. The meeting was held for the princes and delegates of other worlds to come and report to God about the state of affairs.Satan at this time was allowed to come to heaven and the scene of heaven and the majesty almost persuaded him to return back to God but he would catch himself at the last minute. You can find this in the spirit of Prophesy. so God let Satan come to hear his requests and it gave the other beings a chance to see that God wasn't holding out on Satan but it was Satan who caused his fall.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82229

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Stverno wrote:
I believe that's why God chose Job and not anyone else. He knew that Job could handle it. Anyone else probably would have given in, but not Job. God never allows anything to happen to you that you can't handle.

Imagine if God didn't allow Satan to test Job. What would the angels think? If He didn't answer the veiled accusation Satan put forth, the doubt of the angels would simply grow.
He also killed 7 sons of Job. 7 innocent sons that did nothing wrong they just were killed because of a bet God made with Satan. Also that's still messed up. Job was literally tortured and beaten. He wanted to die! He wished he was never born! That's messed up! You're saying that just because, "Oh, I mean he didn't curse God or nothing so it's totally fine." He was still broken down. He broke down FOR NO REASON as God said MAY I ADD! Also I don't think you understood what I previously said. I said that the angels should think now that "Hey well God just allowed Satan to do these terrible things, that's messed up. Honestly I think their both wrong." Not only that if God rejected it and stopped at Job 2:3 where it says, " Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.'" it would have made God look more mature. What sounds better to you if you were an angel, "Sure I bet you Satan you hurt him as much as you want just don't kill him. I'll observe and watch him slowly suffer and wish his own death," or "Satan go away, why would I inflict pain on this person who obviously doesn't deserve it?"
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82234

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 820
  • Thank you received: 981
God knows what we are on the inside. No one else does. The reason we know Job is blameless is because all those things happened to him. How did the angels know Job didn't deserve what he got? They don't know the inside. But, when Satan took away everything Job had, they saw.

As I said, God chose Job for a reason. He wouldn't have tested him like that if He knew He couldn't handle it.



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82236

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Stverno wrote:
God knows what we are on the inside. No one else does. The reason we know Job is blameless is because all those things happened to him. How did the angels know Job didn't deserve what he got? They don't know the inside. But, when Satan took away everything Job had, they saw.

As I said, God chose Job for a reason. He wouldn't have tested him like that if He knew He couldn't handle it.
But again God didn't choose Job for a reason. Read the verse again, "Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.'" Read this part again, "And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without ANY REASON." Even God acknowledged that he didn't have a reason. Not only that God, again, didn't have to kill Job's innocent 7 sons that did nothing wrong. He tortured a person to the point of wanting death just so he could prove something to his angels? Honestly to me that's messed up. You shouldn't have to torture somebody to prove something ever. If you think that's okay then I don't know what to say.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 3 months 3 days ago #82238

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 820
  • Thank you received: 981
If God allowed the angels to doubt, what would have happened? It would have opened a door for Satan to lead the other angels astray, and they would have been lost as well.

Yes, the verse says 'without any reason'. I think that that means that it was without any reason on Satan's part. Satan had no reason to put Job to the test, but he did. And he placed doubt into the angels hearts. Remember, they can fall just like he did.

If you were God, would you rather put one man whom you knew could handle it to the test, or allow hundreds of thousands of angels to be lost?

Job's children were his children. I firmly believe that they loved God. They will be in the kingdom of heaven. And I'm quite sure the death was painless.



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job... 2 months 3 weeks ago #82308

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 611
God did not do anything to Job, nor did He choose Job, nor did He want/need to prove anything, nor was He testing Job.

God will not let us go through anything that's more than we can bear.

However, God cannot keep us from all harm.

Satan saw that Job was faithful to God and that angered him. He wanted to make Job hate God. So he asked God's permission to hurt Job.

God gave him permission, not to prove anything to the angels, but because sin must be allowed to run its course on this earth, which means that God can't shelter us from everything.

I don't believe that God had to choose between Job or the angels. And I don't believe that God let Job be put through those trials just so He could tell Satan "I told you so."

This world is sick. Before the world can be healed, the sickness must run its course. That means that innocent people will hurt. But it doesn't mean that God wants to see just how long we'll love Him. It doesn't mean that God wants to prove anything to anyone.

Remember, Satan is the one that was hurting Job, not God. Never in the story of Job does it say that God did anything to Job except bless him.

God loves us.
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job.. 2 months 3 weeks ago #82357

  • Michelle13
  • Michelle13's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 27
  • Thank you received: 10
SRNitro wrote:
Stverno wrote:
I believe that's why God chose Job and not anyone else. He knew that Job could handle it. Anyone else probably would have given in, but not Job. God never allows anything to happen to you that you can't handle.

Imagine if God didn't allow Satan to test Job. What would the angels think? If He didn't answer the veiled accusation Satan put forth, the doubt of the angels would simply grow.
He also killed 7 sons of Job. 7 innocent sons that did nothing wrong they just were killed because of a bet God made with Satan. Also that's still messed up. Job was literally tortured and beaten. He wanted to die! He wished he was never born! That's messed up! You're saying that just because, "Oh, I mean he didn't curse God or nothing so it's totally fine." He was still broken down. He broke down FOR NO REASON as God said MAY I ADD! Also I don't think you understood what I previously said. I said that the angels should think now that "Hey well God just allowed Satan to do these terrible things, that's messed up. Honestly I think their both wrong." Not only that if God rejected it and stopped at Job 2:3 where it says, " Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.'" it would have made God look more mature. What sounds better to you if you were an angel, "Sure I bet you Satan you hurt him as much as you want just don't kill him. I'll observe and watch him slowly suffer and wish his own death," or "Satan go away, why would I inflict pain on this person who obviously doesn't deserve it?"

Sooo your implying that god made a mistake...and he's wrong...and looks immature...and you have a better way to answer the quetions that satan asked than he did...hmmmm

God can't make mistakes he i the supreme Ruler of the entire universe he knows the end from The beginning. he is alpha and omega us mere sinful humans can't even fathom his wisdom glory and power. it says in deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
There are so many place in the Bible explaining how wise and just got is so how could you Believe he made a mistake. I'm not trying to offend you I just don't understand the logic behind your train of thought.
God is love
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job.. 2 months 3 weeks ago #82370

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Michelle13 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Stverno wrote:
I believe that's why God chose Job and not anyone else. He knew that Job could handle it. Anyone else probably would have given in, but not Job. God never allows anything to happen to you that you can't handle.

Imagine if God didn't allow Satan to test Job. What would the angels think? If He didn't answer the veiled accusation Satan put forth, the doubt of the angels would simply grow.
He also killed 7 sons of Job. 7 innocent sons that did nothing wrong they just were killed because of a bet God made with Satan. Also that's still messed up. Job was literally tortured and beaten. He wanted to die! He wished he was never born! That's messed up! You're saying that just because, "Oh, I mean he didn't curse God or nothing so it's totally fine." He was still broken down. He broke down FOR NO REASON as God said MAY I ADD! Also I don't think you understood what I previously said. I said that the angels should think now that "Hey well God just allowed Satan to do these terrible things, that's messed up. Honestly I think their both wrong." Not only that if God rejected it and stopped at Job 2:3 where it says, " Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.'" it would have made God look more mature. What sounds better to you if you were an angel, "Sure I bet you Satan you hurt him as much as you want just don't kill him. I'll observe and watch him slowly suffer and wish his own death," or "Satan go away, why would I inflict pain on this person who obviously doesn't deserve it?"

Sooo your implying that god made a mistake...and he's wrong...and looks immature...and you have a better way to answer the quetions that satan asked than he did...hmmmm

God can't make mistakes he i the supreme Ruler of the entire universe he knows the end from The beginning. he is alpha and omega us mere sinful humans can't even fathom his wisdom glory and power. it says in deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
There are so many place in the Bible explaining how wise and just got is so how could you Believe he made a mistake. I'm not trying to offend you I just don't understand the logic behind your train of thought.

Yes I understand that. I am implying that and I know that it's wrong. I just want to know why. If I didn't want to to know I would be a brainwashed, going-through-the-motion Christian, not really understanding what I'm following. I'm sorry I am that way. But I am questioning it. But you know sometimes there isn't an answer. By the way I'm not continuing the debate cause it's going nowhere.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job.. 2 months 3 weeks ago #82379

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 507
SRNitro wrote:
Michelle13 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Stverno wrote:
I believe that's why God chose Job and not anyone else. He knew that Job could handle it. Anyone else probably would have given in, but not Job. God never allows anything to happen to you that you can't handle.

Imagine if God didn't allow Satan to test Job. What would the angels think? If He didn't answer the veiled accusation Satan put forth, the doubt of the angels would simply grow.
He also killed 7 sons of Job. 7 innocent sons that did nothing wrong they just were killed because of a bet God made with Satan. Also that's still messed up. Job was literally tortured and beaten. He wanted to die! He wished he was never born! That's messed up! You're saying that just because, "Oh, I mean he didn't curse God or nothing so it's totally fine." He was still broken down. He broke down FOR NO REASON as God said MAY I ADD! Also I don't think you understood what I previously said. I said that the angels should think now that "Hey well God just allowed Satan to do these terrible things, that's messed up. Honestly I think their both wrong." Not only that if God rejected it and stopped at Job 2:3 where it says, " Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.'" it would have made God look more mature. What sounds better to you if you were an angel, "Sure I bet you Satan you hurt him as much as you want just don't kill him. I'll observe and watch him slowly suffer and wish his own death," or "Satan go away, why would I inflict pain on this person who obviously doesn't deserve it?"

Sooo your implying that god made a mistake...and he's wrong...and looks immature...and you have a better way to answer the quetions that satan asked than he did...hmmmm

God can't make mistakes he i the supreme Ruler of the entire universe he knows the end from The beginning. he is alpha and omega us mere sinful humans can't even fathom his wisdom glory and power. it says in deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
There are so many place in the Bible explaining how wise and just got is so how could you Believe he made a mistake. I'm not trying to offend you I just don't understand the logic behind your train of thought.

Yes I understand that. I am implying that and I know that it's wrong. I just want to know why. If I didn't want to to know I would be a brainwashed, going-through-the-motion Christian, not really understanding what I'm following. I'm sorry I am that way. But I am questioning it. But you know sometimes there isn't an answer. By the way I'm not continuing the debate cause it's going nowhere.
If I were you I'd ask for an answer from several different pastor and compare them with each other and with what I thought previously
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Satan still allowed in heaven, he was in Job.. 2 months 3 weeks ago #82390

  • MunchyMike
  • MunchyMike's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 32
  • Thank you received: 7
SRNitro wrote:
Michelle13 wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
Stverno wrote:
I believe that's why God chose Job and not anyone else. He knew that Job could handle it. Anyone else probably would have given in, but not Job. God never allows anything to happen to you that you can't handle.

Imagine if God didn't allow Satan to test Job. What would the angels think? If He didn't answer the veiled accusation Satan put forth, the doubt of the angels would simply grow.
He also killed 7 sons of Job. 7 innocent sons that did nothing wrong they just were killed because of a bet God made with Satan. Also that's still messed up. Job was literally tortured and beaten. He wanted to die! He wished he was never born! That's messed up! You're saying that just because, "Oh, I mean he didn't curse God or nothing so it's totally fine." He was still broken down. He broke down FOR NO REASON as God said MAY I ADD! Also I don't think you understood what I previously said. I said that the angels should think now that "Hey well God just allowed Satan to do these terrible things, that's messed up. Honestly I think their both wrong." Not only that if God rejected it and stopped at Job 2:3 where it says, " Then the Lord said to Satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.'" it would have made God look more mature. What sounds better to you if you were an angel, "Sure I bet you Satan you hurt him as much as you want just don't kill him. I'll observe and watch him slowly suffer and wish his own death," or "Satan go away, why would I inflict pain on this person who obviously doesn't deserve it?"

Sooo your implying that god made a mistake...and he's wrong...and looks immature...and you have a better way to answer the quetions that satan asked than he did...hmmmm

God can't make mistakes he i the supreme Ruler of the entire universe he knows the end from The beginning. he is alpha and omega us mere sinful humans can't even fathom his wisdom glory and power. it says in deu 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
There are so many place in the Bible explaining how wise and just got is so how could you Believe he made a mistake. I'm not trying to offend you I just don't understand the logic behind your train of thought.

Yes I understand that. I am implying that and I know that it's wrong. I just want to know why. If I didn't want to to know I would be a brainwashed, going-through-the-motion Christian, not really understanding what I'm following. I'm sorry I am that way. But I am questioning it. But you know sometimes there isn't an answer. By the way I'm not continuing the debate cause it's going nowhere.

In Job 1:5 It says that Job way offering burnt offerings before his children died, so it can be inferred that his kids had confessed their sins and Job is sure to see them in heaven, and God gave him back his health after the whole thing was over. He also got more wealth and children at the end of the ordeal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds