Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Were Homosexuals Born That Way?

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79105

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 737
  • Thank you received: 484
Mp137 wrote:
The fact that so many christians think they are better than those in the LBGTQ is really sad. I think being homosexual or queer is a subconscious choice. It's not like someone wakes up one morning and says Hmm... I think I'm going to decide to be gay today. So, I do think it is a choice, but a subconscious one. Also, I don't think it is a sin to have feeling for the same sex, but I do think it is a sin to act on those feelings. Obviously, God loves them all, and doesn't discriminate between us and them, so we shouldn't either.
Thankyouthankyou!
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79106

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 737
  • Thank you received: 484
Mp137 wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
emmykitty wrote:
Coming Out ministries came to my school and my church!

PS. My former teacher always says that God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

*facepalm* "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" is so cliche....
Adam and Eve not Madam and Eve


IMG_1231.jpg
This is legit exactly what I did when I read this thread lol
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79116

  • Chickadee
  • Chickadee's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love dogs!!
  • Posts: 273
  • Thank you received: 209
I completely agree with inspiredthinker. Practicing gays will not be in heaven , but it doesn't mean gays can't be saved.


Now, some people are born gays... because I have a gay uncle... and he was definitely born gay. You see, his mom got sick or something when she was pregnant with him, and she had to take some hormones... and he got messed up. He even started developing breasts at some point. So yeah, there are a few cases of that.

But I think the majority of the time it is a subconscious choice. The influences and the enviroment that a young child grows up in can influence it to be homosexual. Also, prenatal influences are very powerful in forming the character of a child.

And another thing. Many kids don't know what true love is.
They might mistake their "straight" love for a fromiwnx of the same sex as romantic love. I have a friend that's like that I think. She is def straight, I have known her for ever, but she thinks she is bisexual...

So I think the majority of homos are homosexual by choice, whether they know it or not, but there are some who are born that way.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, missionarykid, SkeleBoy10, Mp137

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79160

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 737
  • Thank you received: 484
Chickadee wrote:
I completely agree with inspiredthinker. Practicing gays will not be in heaven , but it doesn't mean gays can't be saved.


Now, some people are born gays... because I have a gay uncle... and he was definitely born gay. You see, his mom got sick or something when she was pregnant with him, and she had to take some hormones... and he got messed up. He even started developing breasts at some point. So yeah, there are a few cases of that.

But I think the majority of the time it is a subconscious choice. The influences and the enviroment that a young child grows up in can influence it to be homosexual. Also, prenatal influences are very powerful in forming the character of a child.

And another thing. Many kids don't know what true love is.
They might mistake their "straight" love for a fromiwnx of the same sex as romantic love. I have a friend that's like that I think. She is def straight, I have known her for ever, but she thinks she is bisexual...

So I think the majority of homos are homosexual by choice, whether they know it or not, but there are some who are born that way.
CHICKADEE IS BACKK!!!! <3
Also, great points.
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79175

  • maplesyruphotel9
  • maplesyruphotel9's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • ~Star wars Is What I Live For~
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 130
Honestly, I don't think they will be in heaven.. :unsure:
I mean God made us a certain gender for a reason and He doesn't want us to change ourselves :S
and It's not like Your "Born that way" , I feel like people use that as an excuse, because Everyone makes a choice who there gonna be :side:
Miraculous Ladybug is My Life Goals <3
I love Kpop like My Sister On Guide: Minifat :D
BIGGEST Star Wars Fan you Will Ever Meet!

SnapChat- maplesyruphotel (will show up as Paige)
Instagram- paige_olivvia09
Youtube: AnimalJammer09
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79179

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 627
  • Thank you received: 330
Mp137 wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
Nobody said that we were better than homosexuals, but I do think it is a choice and a sin to act on those feelings. I still respect and love homosexuals.

InspiredThinker's comment, "We are no better than LGBT people if we aren't born again," (correctly) implies that many christians think they are better than those in the LGBTQ community

@MP137- Well maybe some do think that they are better, but I felt like you were pointing that comment at other people on this forum, like me, because we don't agree with homosexuals choices. It sounded to m like you thought I was saying that I was better than them, and I am not.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79182

Chickadee wrote:
I completely agree with inspiredthinker. Practicing gays will not be in heaven , but it doesn't mean gays can't be saved.


Now, some people are born gays... because I have a gay uncle... and he was definitely born gay. You see, his mom got sick or something when she was pregnant with him, and she had to take some hormones... and he got messed up. He even started developing breasts at some point. So yeah, there are a few cases of that.

But I think the majority of the time it is a subconscious choice. The influences and the enviroment that a young child grows up in can influence it to be homosexual. Also, prenatal influences are very powerful in forming the character of a child.

And another thing. Many kids don't know what true love is.
They might mistake their "straight" love for a fromiwnx of the same sex as romantic love. I have a friend that's like that I think. She is def straight, I have known her for ever, but she thinks she is bisexual...

So I think the majority of homos are homosexual by choice, whether they know it or not, but there are some who are born that way.
Chikadee!!!! Long time no see! where ya been?
(and thanks to TP for for pointing out the return)
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79185

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
It wasn't a choice. It's not because gays and lesbians are lonely. It's because they were brought up and born in a way that led them to being attracted to the opposite gender. There's no problem with just not being sexually attracted to the opposite gender. According to God, on the other hand, it is unrighteous which I'm still wondering about because it doesn't make sense to me. I guess it's because of the mixed fabrics thing. It's on the thread about mixed fabrics I made. All I think is that, America should allow same-sex marriage because if America wants to be a fair and equal country it shouldn't ban something just because some religion says so, even if it is the right religion.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mylhu1011, Mp137, TravelPastel

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79188

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2177
  • Thank you received: 1941
mittens92999 wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
Nobody said that we were better than homosexuals, but I do think it is a choice and a sin to act on those feelings. I still respect and love homosexuals.

InspiredThinker's comment, "We are no better than LGBT people if we aren't born again," (correctly) implies that many christians think they are better than those in the LGBTQ community

@MP137- Well maybe some do think that they are better, but I felt like you were pointing that comment at other people on this forum, like me, because we don't agree with homosexuals choices. It sounded to m like you thought I was saying that I was better than them, and I am not.

I said Christians, and "we" as christians. Sorry if you misunderstood me
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79199

Being attracted to someone of the same gender is something that is in the brain...however, with God's strength, it can be overcome. The sin is when you act on those feelings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79200

America should be free...but when people start putting their own laws and definitions over God...that shouldn't be overlooked. God gives us free will, but he still gave us rules to follow. That's because he loves us and wants the best for us.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79290

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
Christian Country Girl wrote:
America should be free...but when people start putting their own laws and definitions over God...that shouldn't be overlooked. God gives us free will, but he still gave us rules to follow. That's because he loves us and wants the best for us.
Well these are American laws which should be upheld because there are also athiests and other religious groups in our country so we shouldn't subject them to our beliefs.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79326

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 507
SRNitro wrote:
It wasn't a choice. It's not because gays and lesbians are lonely. It's because they were brought up and born in a way that led them to being attracted to the opposite gender. There's no problem with just not being sexually attracted to the opposite gender. According to God, on the other hand, it is unrighteous which I'm still wondering about because it doesn't make sense to me. I guess it's because of the mixed fabrics thing. It's on the thread about mixed fabrics I made. All I think is that, America should allow same-sex marriage because if America wants to be a fair and equal country it shouldn't ban something just because some religion says so, even if it is the right religion.
Jesus also said that merely looking at a wo/man with lust is akin to committing adultery. Your thoughts can be an indication of your spiritual state. Those who are lustful and those who are gay should both seek help from God and (if applicable) therapists/medical experts.

For me, it's simple.
Kleptomania is a mental condition. Stealing is a sin. Therefore, if I have kleptomania, I should pray and seek medical help.

Homosexuality is sometimes a mental condition (even if it isn't, treating it like one will still take care of the problem). Therefore, if I'm homosexual, I should pray and seek medical (or therapeutic) help.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79334

  • TravelPastel
  • TravelPastel's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Posts: 737
  • Thank you received: 484
SRNitro wrote:
It wasn't a choice. It's not because gays and lesbians are lonely. It's because they were brought up and born in a way that led them to being attracted to the opposite gender. There's no problem with just not being sexually attracted to the opposite gender. According to God, on the other hand, it is unrighteous which I'm still wondering about because it doesn't make sense to me. I guess it's because of the mixed fabrics thing. It's on the thread about mixed fabrics I made. All I think is that, America should allow same-sex marriage because if America wants to be a fair and equal country it shouldn't ban something just because some religion says so, even if it is the right religion.
Come to Canada, we have same-sex marriage :P
*Signature = work in progress*
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79353

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
TravelPastel wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
It wasn't a choice. It's not because gays and lesbians are lonely. It's because they were brought up and born in a way that led them to being attracted to the opposite gender. There's no problem with just not being sexually attracted to the opposite gender. According to God, on the other hand, it is unrighteous which I'm still wondering about because it doesn't make sense to me. I guess it's because of the mixed fabrics thing. It's on the thread about mixed fabrics I made. All I think is that, America should allow same-sex marriage because if America wants to be a fair and equal country it shouldn't ban something just because some religion says so, even if it is the right religion.
Come to Canada, we have same-sex marriage :P
I mean I'm not homosexual so I don't see why I would want to go lol
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 4 months 1 week ago #79354

  • SRNitro
  • SRNitro's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Posts: 600
  • Thank you received: 421
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
SRNitro wrote:
It wasn't a choice. It's not because gays and lesbians are lonely. It's because they were brought up and born in a way that led them to being attracted to the opposite gender. There's no problem with just not being sexually attracted to the opposite gender. According to God, on the other hand, it is unrighteous which I'm still wondering about because it doesn't make sense to me. I guess it's because of the mixed fabrics thing. It's on the thread about mixed fabrics I made. All I think is that, America should allow same-sex marriage because if America wants to be a fair and equal country it shouldn't ban something just because some religion says so, even if it is the right religion.
Jesus also said that merely looking at a wo/man with lust is akin to committing adultery. Your thoughts can be an indication of your spiritual state. Those who are lustful and those who are gay should both seek help from God and (if applicable) therapists/medical experts.

For me, it's simple.
Kleptomania is a mental condition. Stealing is a sin. Therefore, if I have kleptomania, I should pray and seek medical help.

Homosexuality is sometimes a mental condition (even if it isn't, treating it like one will still take care of the problem). Therefore, if I'm homosexual, I should pray and seek medical (or therapeutic) help.
Well the problem with your first paragraph is that maybe there is some form of mild lust that is okay. I mean what if you were going to ask a girl on a date. Before the question wouldn't you think "Oh that girl's pretty and I love her personality." That's not a wrong thing to do. So how could be wrong for a homosexual to think, "I think that man is handsome but I won't act on it and I'll try to keep my mind off of it through God's help." It's not wrong to admit that you have had feelings for other males that you have put behind. I can see what you're trying to say and I almost fell for it because it's very convincing but there is a tiny problem with the statement.

The second paragraph about kleptomania is totally different in my opinion. Stealing is so different from being homosexual. Sure they may both be sins but there's a difference. Stealing is a sin that makes a lot of sense. You shouldn't take what others own that's just simple common sense and morality. But what's wrong with being homosexual? The only thing I can think of is then you guys wouldn't be able to reproduce. But there are already so many humans in this world so honestly, right now. If I were atheist I could see why stealing is wrong in God's eyes, but I couldn't see why for homosexuality. There two very different subjects. Homosexuality is a mental condition, it's a condition that takes over the sexual drives of a male or female, but it isn't a mental disease. It's not a bacteria or a defect. It's more like a condition honestly. But it's a more harmless condition this is why I'm so torn on this subject. It's harmless in that it doesn't lower the IQ of the mind, it doesn't allow them not to be able to control their body. The only thing is it doesn't allow them to make babies which is a defect but in the same way they can always adopt. I'm not saying homosexuality is good, but it should be accepted from America, since it's a free country, and people should recognize it's a condition people are born with or are grown up with.
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 3 months 3 weeks ago #80191

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 507
Re: SRNitro

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

Lust is strong sexual desire, so mild lust is kind of an oxymoron. I think the examples in your first paragraph describe attraction, but not lust. Lust is a purely physical feeling. And yes, it is not wrong to admit that you have had feelings for other males, or even that you still have feelings for them. God can instantly forgive you for any sins you've committed in the past, including lust, as long as you're sorry. Also, if you are seeking help from Him, you will become less and less inclined to commit those sins again.

I totally agree with your statement that homosexuality is not a disease. You'll notice I never said that it was in my first response. It is merely a condition. Also, sure an atheist wouldn't understand why homosexuality is a sin, but would they understand why breaking the Sabbath is a sin? Probably not.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Homosexuality is indeed a condition, and because it's a condition you can seek therapy for it.
I also agree that America should allow homosexuality to preserve freedom, but I thought we were discussing whether or not it's a sin. There are plenty of sins that can seem harmless, like being gay, but in the end they are still sins and need to be dealt with. Fortunately forgiveness is readily available, and if the person is willing to work with God, He will transform them. It may take a lifetime, but they will come out all right in the end.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

Were Homosexuals Born That Way? 3 months 3 weeks ago #80192

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 507
P.S. Here's what is essentially wrong with homosexuality. For one thing the Bible calls it a sin, an abhorrence, in fact. It is a sin because it pollutes the sanctity of marriage. Marriage was specifically designed to create unity between a man and a woman. It will not naturally work between same sex couples (notice I said NATURALLY). Also, there are health problems connected with homosexuality. (I gave one example)
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, bush possum, SRNitro, horsegirl04
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds