Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: This is very sad....

This is very sad.... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76300

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1941
I was looking up some Bible questions on Got Questions website. I had always found it to be a reliable source of information. I thought it would be very interesting to see what the site said about Adventists. Unfortunately, I was shocked and saddened when I saw what they had to say. I feel like I should do something about it, but I feel like there is nothing I can do. Here's the link so you can read it for yourselves. www.gotquestions.org/Seventh-Day-Adventism.html
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

This is very sad.... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76306

• sunnyside1
  • Saved to Serve
  • Thank you received: 385
Yeah, it's incorrect. But trust me, it's a lot better than what other websites have said.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

This is very sad.... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76311

• LittleLadyBug
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Thank you received: 180
there are things out there like that and it is sad
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement

This is very sad.... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76329

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1941
sunnyside1 wrote:
Yeah, it's incorrect. But trust me, it's a lot better than what other websites have said.

True, but it really made me mad because I used that website all the time for all sorts of questions.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1, horsegirl04

This is very sad.... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76336

• Cool Cat
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Thank you received: 224
It all lies. We r WAY different than orthodox!!!
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)

This is very sad.... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76356

• Blue Tornado
  • I'm an otaku.
  • Thank you received: 784
NOTICE: I refer to the author of this post as "you" several times. I don't mean you, the reader. I mean the author. Just to clear that up.

"Some Seventh-day Adventists believe identically to orthodox Christians, other than holding to the Saturday Sabbath. Other Adventists, however, go much further into aberrant doctrine."

Uh, where's your source for us believing identically to orthodox Christians? That's nowhere near true. Also, next time, don't call someone's religious beliefs "aberrant." That is super insulting.

"Millerites...[were] founded by William Miller, a false prophet who predicted Jesus would return in either 1843 or 1844."

Why is William Miller a "false prophet"? Just because his prediction didn't come true? He misinterpreted the Scripture, and he later came to understand the prophecy in the Bible, but that's no excuse to call him a false prophet.

"Today, most Seventh-day Adventists still consider Ellen White to be a prophetess of God, even though many of her prophecies failed to come true. In fact, Seventh-day Adventists consider Revelation 19:10 (“the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy”) to be a reference to Ellen G. White’s writings."

What do you mean, "many of her prophecies failed to come true"? Apparently, you didn't consider the fact that there is still time for them to come true. Also, why did you say "Seventh-Day Adventists consider Revelation 19:10...to be a reference to Ellen G. White's writings"? Revelation came first, buddy. Then Ellen White.

"Seventh-day Adventism places restrictions on consuming meat, or 'flesh food,' as Adventists call it. 'Flesh food is injurious to health, and whatever affects the body has a corresponding effect on the mind and the soul' (The Ministry of Healing, Chapter 24: 'Flesh as Food,' p. 316). It is no surprise that, after requiring Sabbath-keeping, Adventists began to add other elements of legalism into their creed."

We don't place restrictions on consuming meat, and I don't know any Adventist that calls it "flesh food" instead of just "meat." Sure, Ellen White warned against consuming meat, but she never placed a law as if it were "don't go while the light is red." See, that's a law. What she gave was simply a warning. Also, there are no elements of legalism in our "creed." We do have laws, but it's not legalism. Legalism is where you are required to follow a buncha rules in order to be saved; we follow laws because we love Jesus.

"Mrs. White kept having visions, and she began teaching the unorthodox doctrines of soul sleep and annihilationism (which contradicts Matthew 25:46)."

Show me your source about her visions and her teachings about soul sleep and annihilationism AND contradicts Matthew 25:46. Plus, what even is annihilationism? That word is underlined in red, is it even a real word? Like that doesn't make sense to me, idk.

I'm just going to stop there; there's way more I can debunk but nah I'm too lazy

"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Razena, missionarykid, Mp137

This is very sad.... 5 months 2 weeks ago #76400

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 508
Wikipedia:
Annihilationism (also known as extinctionism or destructionism) is a belief that after the final judgment some human beings will be totally destroyed so as to not exist, or that their consciousness will be extinguished, rather than suffer everlasting torment in hell (often synonymized with the lake of fire).

The author of that article believes that we are wrong when we say that sinners will be wiped out. Somehow it makes more sense for them to believe that God, in His infinite love, will keep sinners alive in burning torment forever.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, mittens92999, Blue Tornado, Mrphie

This is very sad.... 3 months 3 weeks ago #80237

• Mrphie
  • HEY! *whips out fingerguns*
  • Thank you received: 39
Okay that made me kind of sad,
And also made me wonder about how much I actually know.
For example,
Did some of Ellen Whites prophecies fail to happen?
And what's up with that whole Satan is the scapegoat thing???
I need to do some serious reading.
Has anyone got any recommendations of stuff I could read? (Right now I'm reading this sort of explanation of revelation. It's kind of nice and provides some background, ya know?)

Anybody on this site play lacrosse? Or at least like it?
What about cats? Horses? Lasagna?
Anybody?
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds