Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What's Wrong With Me?

What's Wrong With Me? 8 months 5 days ago #72818

• mittens92999
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 348
So, I was reading Pilgrims Progress and I came across a part in the book where the main character feels a huge conviction and guilt for all of his sins, and looks upon the Cross and weeps when he realizes Jesus died for him. Then, I compared that to my own Christian walk and I realized that I don't feel the same need for the Cross as this man did. I understand that Jesus died for me and that I am a very sinful person but sometimes I don't feel very convicted. I look upon the story of Jesus's Death and Life with indifference, and just say, " That's cool", and move on. I want to feel a conviction and a need for Jesus, because I know He is the only way to heaven. Why don't I have this huge sense of need for it though? I know that to grow as a Christian I need to have a love for Jesus and to have that I have to have a conviction for sin and a need of the Cross. Right now I feel kind of emotionless and blind to the actual meaning behind the story. How do I learn to love Jesus and feel a need with real emotion? I know the Bible says we shouldn't rely on our feelings, for they are sinful, but I think that there's a problem. I have asked Jesus to give me a Conviction of my sin and for God to reveal His Son to me, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm at a standstill. What do I do?
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, honeyflower, Mrphie, TravelPastel

What's Wrong With Me? 8 months 5 days ago #72846

• TravelPastel
  • I loved you at your DARKEST ❤ Romans 5:8
  • Thank you received: 603
Maybe God is working on the right timing for you :) I'm also like that, but when I go to Campmeetings or things like that, I feels bursts of love and understanding.
Did you grow up as a SDA/christian? Part of the reason why I think your at a standstill is because you've been taught it all your life whereas people are just realizing it now. Or sometimes you just need a dramatic happening in your life to notice or feel it.
too lazy to have a fancy signature rip
=Dance Fearlessly=
#Filipino
>Pursue<
Also don't look at my profile cause I definitely didn't put my birthday (year) there now
The following user(s) said Thank You: LolingforJesus

What's Wrong With Me? 8 months 4 days ago #72867

• LolingforJesus
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, pianos, friends, and Bible Experience
  • Thank you received: 256
TravelPastel wrote:
Maybe God is working on the right timing for you :) I'm also like that, but when I go to Campmeetings or things like that, I feels bursts of love and understanding.
Did you grow up as a SDA/christian? Part of the reason why I think your at a standstill is because you've been taught it all your life whereas people are just realizing it now. Or sometimes you just need a dramatic happening in your life to notice or feel it.
amen

Happy B-day SunnySide!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

What's Wrong With Me? 8 months 4 days ago #72903

• Servant
  • Thank you received: 63
mittens92999 wrote:
So, I was reading Pilgrims Progress and I came across a part in the book where the main character feels a huge conviction and guilt for all of his sins, and looks upon the Cross and weeps when he realizes Jesus died for him. Then, I compared that to my own Christian walk and I realized that I don't feel the same need for the Cross as this man did. I understand that Jesus died for me and that I am a very sinful person but sometimes I don't feel very convicted. I look upon the story of Jesus's Death and Life with indifference, and just say, " That's cool", and move on. I want to feel a conviction and a need for Jesus, because I know He is the only way to heaven. Why don't I have this huge sense of need for it though? I know that to grow as a Christian I need to have a love for Jesus and to have that I have to have a conviction for sin and a need of the Cross. Right now I feel kind of emotionless and blind to the actual meaning behind the story. How do I learn to love Jesus and feel a need with real emotion? I know the Bible says we shouldn't rely on our feelings, for they are sinful, but I think that there's a problem. I have asked Jesus to give me a Conviction of my sin and for God to reveal His Son to me, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm at a standstill. What do I do?
As I see it, the deeply convicted are the deepest sinners. I don't know your life, but you probably wouldn't be as bad as convicts serving time in prison, thus why you aren't deeply convicted. If you feel that you have fallen away though, you could call on Jesus once more.
Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law."

What's Wrong With Me? 8 months 4 days ago #72933

• honeyflower
  • #imasoutherengirlbutliveincali​
  • Thank you received: 174
mittens92999 wrote:

Finally someone who gets how I feel... I've been raised in the church and everything, but I don't feel that deep conviction of my sins or anything. And I just go "Yeah, thats nice, but whatever". And I don't really feel like I'm that bad of a sinner, or that I really need to confess my sins or anything. Even though I've left the church twice, when I came back, it was a short experience, and then I was over it. Anyways, glad to know someone knows the feeling. I'll be keeping you in prayer, sister in Christ.!!! ;) :)
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm me, but you knew that already. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

What's Wrong With Me? 8 months 4 days ago #72978

• mittens92999
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 348
honeyflower wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

Finally someone who gets how I feel... I've been raised in the church and everything, but I don't feel that deep conviction of my sins or anything. And I just go "Yeah, thats nice, but whatever". And I don't really feel like I'm that bad of a sinner, or that I really need to confess my sins or anything. Even though I've left the church twice, when I came back, it was a short experience, and then I was over it. Anyways, glad to know someone knows the feeling. I'll be keeping you in prayer, sister in Christ.!!! ;) :)

Nice to know I'm not alone!! You sound just like me! I'll be keeping you in my prayers!
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by mittens92999. Reason: Misspelled word

What's Wrong With Me? 8 months 4 days ago #72990

• honeyflower
  • #imasoutherengirlbutliveincali​
  • Thank you received: 174
mittens92999 wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

Nice to know I'm not alone!! You sounderstand just like me! I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

Yes! I'm so happy that I'm not alone with that feeling. And thanks so much! Same here. ;) :)
#HONORARYEMMY :lol:

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm me, but you knew that already. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

What's Wrong With Me? 3 months 1 week ago #84466

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1131
honeyflower wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
honeyflower wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

Nice to know I'm not alone!! You sounderstand just like me! I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

Yes! I'm so happy that I'm not alone with that feeling. And thanks so much! Same here. ;) :)
#operationtimetravel

Yes, there are people who actually want to feel guilty lol. And the only way to get that feeling of guilt (funnily enough) is to pray for it. I had to pray for 4 months, maybe even a little longer, but God does hear and answer :)
The reason I wanted to feel my need of Jesus as a saviour was because of this quote: "To the sinner that feels his need of God, nothing shall be denied."
And no, you're certainly not alone!!
P.S. I really, really, really recommend reading Steps to Christ :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

What's Wrong With Me? 3 months 1 week ago #84472

• LEMONwizard
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 113
mittens92999 wrote:
Wow. Same. I also feel like I should say something long and inspiring to you, but... well... *sigh*
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.
INFP, -A/-T (mediator) according to 16personalities.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, mittens92999

What's Wrong With Me? 3 months 3 days ago #84801

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
I've also wanted a deeper connection with God rather than just having head knowledge. Here's the strategy I'm using:
You have head knowledge. Start there, and keep studying, learning, praying, working for God, etc. Live life as God wants you to live, and continue to pray and listen.

My reasoning is this: You may not feel a deep conviction, but eventually that lifestyle will grow on you. It'll become something you just do. You will act like a child of a God is supposed to act. It'll be part of your life, part of your character, part of you.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum, horsegirl04, Mrphie

What's Wrong With Me? 3 months 2 days ago #84883

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 36
mittens92999 wrote:
Okay. So I've been there and pretty much said I want to be done with this. But my mom talked to me for a long time and helped me.
Pray Lord please help me to truely understand the depth and meaning of the cross. Confess your sins, I know I might be really sounding like a preacher, but this really helped me. And just tell God how you feel. I know you are probably thinking well He is God so why do I need to tell Him how I feel. Well just tell Him, He wants to be your friend, so don't feel bad talking to Him. And telling Him that you aren't feeling convicted. Well I hope this helps. I'm not trying to be a preacher or anything.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The following user(s) said Thank You: bush possum

What's Wrong With Me? 3 months 1 day ago #84954

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 3061
LEMONwizard wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
Wow. Same. I also feel like I should say something long and inspiring to you, but... well... *sigh*

Same :(
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds