Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Insight for a familiar verse

Insight for a familiar verse 7 months 3 weeks ago #71320

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
My church is doing a sermon series on various Psalms. This week was on Psalm 23. (No surprise.) The pastor who was preaching shared something that I found really helpful in understanding one verse that never made much sense to me. Verse 5. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies. The pastor said in the time of the Psalm writing, when you were being chased by an enemy, you could enter into someone's dwelling and be safe. You became a guest to the person you took refuge from, and your enemy cannot harm the person's guest. (You) This made me think of the family of God. We who are in this family do not all get along, and we may want to harm each other at times. But, since we are all taking refuge in God's dwelling, His tent perhaps, we cannot harm God's guests. This is why God prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies. To provide safely and refuge for all. I hope this made you think and I hope this made sense. It really meant a lot to me :)
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: notturningaside

Insight for a familiar verse 7 months 3 weeks ago #71331

• Kwesi
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Thank you received: 1343
Mp137 wrote:
My church is doing a sermon series on various Psalms. This week was on Psalm 23. (No surprise.) The pastor who was preaching shared something that I found really helpful in understanding one verse that never made much sense to me. Verse 5. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies. The pastor said in the time of the Psalm writing, when you were being chased by an enemy, you could enter into someone's dwelling and be safe. You became a guest to the person you took refuge from, and your enemy cannot harm the person's guest. (You) This made me think of the family of God. We who are in this family do not all get along, and we may want to harm each other at times. But, since we are all taking refuge in God's dwelling, His tent perhaps, we cannot harm God's guests. This is why God prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies. To provide safely and refuge for all. I hope this made you think and I hope this made sense. It really meant a lot to me :)
Wow that was an amazing way to explain Psalm 23 verse 5. I never thought of it in that way.
Since Guide is blocking my post and I am unable to defend myself. I am innocent(Hinestly I really don't mind If you beleive me or not - It is the truth). MK I will very much appreciate if you check your facts before making rumors. I am Kwesi and Lisa is Lisa. 2 seperate beings.(Lisa is my sister)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Insight for a familiar verse 7 months 3 weeks ago #71451

• emmy01
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Thank you received: 618
That verse has never completely made sense to me, so your explanation of it really helped. I guess sometimes we just have to think of who it was being written to and in what culture. Thanks so much for sharing! It is really comforting to think of that verse in that light.
TravelPastel! Happy birthday! Your 16th year of life will be an awesome one as long as Jesus is in it.:)

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds