Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What would YOU do?

What would YOU do? 1 year 4 months ago #59353

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
Hey guys! :cheer: so, several weeks ago in our Earliteen Sabbath School class at my church, the teachers presented this scenario to us that really got me thinking for a while, and I just thought I'd share it with you guys just to hear what you guys think:

Pretend there is this radical Muslim guy you know who hates you. He is always cursing you out, giving you hate and telling you you're going to hell and all this stuff— and has made it clear he wants to destroy you. He threatens your life and tells you he's going to kill you one day, you know he is serious and he makes himself clear in his hatred. One day you are driving on an otherwise empty road and you see a car smashed into a tree(? I think) that is completely totaled and in flames, there is gasoline leaking out, indicating and it's only a matter of time before the car explodes. As you pull up, you are shocked to see the man who wants you dead unconscious in the front seat— his life is in danger. Would you call an ambulance and take him out of his car to save his life, knowing that if this guy wakes up after you get him out of the car, he may kill you?

And our teacher asked us, "Where do you draw the line between being the Good Samaritan and withdrawing?"

We didn't exactly come to an official conclusion in class, but we all brought up good points as to why it'd be a good idea to save him, such as later regret, "heaping coals on his head", etc.
I thought about this thing for the rest of the day after they gave this to us in Sabbath School, and texted lots of my friends about it wanting to see what they thought. At home that afternoon, my dad pointed out that first of all, you'd have to actually be in the situation to know what you'd really do... which we'd all agreed on earlier in class. He brought up many other points and arguments for both ways, and a whole lot more came up that day as my friends and I discussed it. That night at church I was texting a friend who lives out of state when I stopped, and wheels started turning. Then I excitedly realized something:

If I know Jesus, and this guy doesn't (like as in he thinks Jesus is not divine, aka not his Savior) and he's about to die, I can rescue him to give him another chance at life (to accept God's love and forgiveness) and if I, in doing so am umm "signing my death warrant" or aka he kills me, I'll be okay because I know my eternity is taken care of, versus him still not being saved. And who knows, if that happened and after Jesus woke me up and we all went to heaven, I could see that guy there!!!!! That would make me so happy!!! :cheer:

So I happily concluded on that, and excitedly told my friends and Sabbath school teacher who I saw that night and they all agreed. :lol:

So, all these weeks later (XD) I'm curious, what do you guys think?? What's your opinion on this scenario? :cheer:
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

What would YOU do? 1 year 4 months ago #59419

• the_adorbs
  • infires man
  • Thank you received: 63
Well, for one, this is a very important question that your teacher(s) brought up. Life is full of complicated decisions...I know that if I were in that situation, I would be afraid. I mean, it isn't every day that a person wants to blot you out from the face of the Earth. However, what is the right thing to do? Save your own life, or save another's? It's a simple question, but complicated in itself. If I were to do the right thing (according to my logic and conscience), I would have to save this man's life. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" (Luke 6:31). I also agree with your statement, that even if you do die, you would be happy because you did the right thing; your "eternity is taken care of". I also know that if I ran away, knowing that I had the ability to save a person's life, I would be guilty and angry for the rest of my life.

Finally, what would Jesus do? :)
"my grandma likes me chubby so i keep eating"

click to stalk my reading life
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12

What would YOU do? 1 year 3 months ago #59573

i would pull him out of the car, call an ambulance, and then leave, and go to the store and buy a .45 handgun and a bible, and if i could find some, tranquilizer darts, just to be prepared for whatever may happen once he is released from the hospital.
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

What would YOU do? 1 year 3 months ago #59588

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
That's an interesting scenario. I hope that I would save his life and let God take care of the rest.

Do you mind if I share this with my Sabbath School?
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

What would YOU do? 1 year 3 months ago #59655

• mknz12
the_adorbs wrote:
Well, for one, this is a very important question that your teacher(s) brought up. Life is full of complicated decisions...I know that if I were in that situation, I would be afraid. I mean, it isn't every day that a person wants to blot you out from the face of the Earth. However, what is the right thing to do? Save your own life, or save another's? It's a simple question, but complicated in itself. If I were to do the right thing (according to my logic and conscience), I would have to save this man's life. "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" (Luke 6:31). I also agree with your statement, that even if you do die, you would be happy because you did the right thing; your "eternity is taken care of". I also know that if I ran away, knowing that I had the ability to save a person's life, I would be guilty and angry for the rest of my life.

Finally, what would Jesus do? :)

Yes, exactly! :)

So let the stars drop,
You keep me steady

What would YOU do? 1 year 3 months ago #59657

• mknz12
notturningaside wrote:
i would pull him out of the car, call an ambulance, and then leave, and go to the store and buy a .45 handgun and a bible, and if i could find some, tranquilizer darts, just to be prepared for whatever may happen once he is released from the hospital.

Okay... XD
I see...

So let the stars drop,
You keep me steady

What would YOU do? 1 year 3 months ago #59658

• mknz12
sunnyside1 wrote:
That's an interesting scenario. I hope that I would save his life and let God take care of the rest.

Do you mind if I share this with my Sabbath School?

It really is, and that's really what I hope I'd do too! I don't mind at all!

So let the stars drop,
You keep me steady

What would YOU do? 1 year 3 months ago #59691

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
Honestly, my first thought is that I would save him. It doesn't seem like much of an option to me to leave the man dying in the car. Maybe, if the man found out I saved his life he might rethink his thoughts on Christianity and me. I doubt he would want to kill me, but I don't know. God would take care of me and I would know I did the right thing.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

What would YOU do? 1 year 3 months ago #59805

• #JesusKnowsMeThisILove
  • Jesus. Purple. Donuts. Mustaches. Family. Friends.
  • Thank you received: 9
I believe that we should always help others. Jesus says in Matthew 25:35-40 that basically when we help strangers we did also to Jesus Christ in Heaven. Also if this person woke up from his unconsciousness and saw you I don't think he would kill you because: a.) you are in a public area and b.) you just saved his life. We need to trust in God even when decisions we make could end our life. Trust Him with your life!
You may not have a special life.... But you make life special.
Ps. I got that from a TV show!
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds