Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Practicing Humility!

Practicing Humility! 1 year 5 months ago #58708

• mknz12
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
Hey you guys! (haha unintended Electric Company reference :silly: ) so I've been praying, reading and thinking a lot lately about meekness and just kind of considering how valuable it is. I'm not trying to sound preachy or anything, but I feel like as teenagers we kind of struggle with being too self-centered and arrogant, and it can really kind of prevent you from having a super close-knit relationship with God. I get frustrated with myself so often looking at myself in the mirror too much, subtly either complimenting or criticizing what's there, and now I have to admit I'm ashamed of doing that. I keep telling myself in my head that inner beauty is what really matters with God, and that people look at the outward appearance and the Lord looks at the heart, but it can kind of be hard to remember with all the awkwardness and self-consciousness we feel at our age, with our hormones running high and all. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about this, and if this has been a problem for you as well, and I've decided to work on being more humble so God can speak through me even more and I can serve others more. I just though we could kind of chat about it, and I case you're wondering I'm not super-duper self absorbed lol, I just feel like I can try to be a little more in control of myself and not as loud or sarcastic, I often use sarcasm for humor but unless it's used in some way that could kinda teach somebody a lesson (like Blimey Cow or something), I want to season my words with salt and let them be full of grace. Soo hehe yeah, does anybody else feel like talking about humility?
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Practicing Humility! 1 year 5 months ago #58811

I know exactly what u mean...ah...the struggle. I found that another form of being too focused on ourselves is when we don't help others and don't try new things. These r things I specifically deal with...cause when we or at least when I don't try new things it's cause I'm worried about what ppl will think of me. Which is basically being too self centered cause if we're living for God and being fully focused on him, then we don't have to worry about what others think...sorry if this sounds kinda scatter brained. Hehe...but I've been trying to focus on others and just spreading Gods love and I know this songs kinda cliche but it helps more than y'all might think. Short story...
This guy at my church is 16 and kinda popular I guess...anyway I never really talked to him much. Maybe I was too worried abt what he thought...but I've been trying to focus on others more and a couple weeks ago, I said bye as he was leaving..I tried to be all cheery and nice and it actually felt rlly good! For once I wasn't worried abt what he thought...I just tried to be a loving Christian girl and I felt a lot better. So, I'd try to just focus on how you can help others rather than focusing on what u want.

Practicing Humility! 1 year 5 months ago #58853

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
We all should practice humility, and all the other values that our faith teaches. Thanks for sharing your experience mknz12!
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds