Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Did God intend dinosaurs creation?

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 4 weeks ago #66373

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
mittens92999 wrote:
Skite, I would just like any Scriptures mentioning dinosaurs and that God created them. I'm not picky... :P

Well Mittens, I can provide you with some verses, and two chapters, but I would like to recommend, no, I ask you to please read them in the KJV (neither the new KJV), because the NIV is not translated well for this situation.

Also, remember that the word dinosaur will not appear anywhere because the KJV was written 230 years before Sir Owen thought of coining the word.

So let's begin:

1.Job 40
2.Job 41
3.Genesis 1
4.Psalms 74:14
5.104:25-26
6.Is 27:1
7.Job 30:29
8.Psalm 44:19
9.Psalm 74:13
10.Psalm 91:13
11.Psalm 148:7
12.Isaiah 13:22
13.Isaiah 34:13
14.Isaiah 35:7
15.Isaiah 43:20
16.Jeremiah 9:11
17.Jeremiah 14:6
18.Jeremiah 51:34

I think I can stop here. Now it's interesting to see that the verses from Isaiah and Jeremiah, dragons (dinosaurs) are usually paired with owls, and that means, that they were pairing two real animals. Also, the last two versus are comparisons like "And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons", and "he hath made me an empty vessel, he hath swallowed me up like a dragon", and so if a "mythical" creature is used for comparison, then, that means, that they are real, because nobody or anything in the Bible is compared to gryphons, centaurs, or any other mythical creatures which truly have not existed. We should also remember that everything the Bible says is true.

Now you will see that I did not include verses from Revelation, because in that book, dragon refers to Satan. The reason why satan is represented by a Dragon is like saying if you see a muscular scary man, you might compare him to a lion or a bulldog, but it doesn't mean that the lion or bulldog is scary and bad, and so a dragon isn't always evil (Toothless isn't evil :lol: )

Apart from that, I have a few more websites to add:
1.www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/are-dinosaurs-mentioned-bible
2.answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/dinosaurs-and-the-bible/
3.www.gotquestions.org/dinosaurs-Bible.html

That's my say for today. I will provide you with more verses if you request so. Thanks for reading :)
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 4 weeks ago #66422

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1971
LittleLadyBug wrote:
you guys do know that the average size dinosaur was the size of a chicken

Sorry! Didn't mean to thank you
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 3 weeks ago #66478

• mittens92999
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 348
Thx! I'll check them out! :)
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 3 weeks ago #66617

• Skite
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
@mittens92999
There are many explanations for the existence of dinosaurs, and I think the answer is probably a combination of them.

1. In the antediluvian world the conditions were undoubtedly more favorable for life. There was probably more oxygen in the atmosphere, and the antediluvian people and animals were probably much larger than their modern counterparts. Therefore, some Dinos might simply be blown up versions of today's reptiles.

2. People may well have bred different species to alter them, but there's only so much they could have done. Completely unrelated animals cannot breed; they are just not compatible with one another. Animals more closely related can be bred, but within that time frame, the people could have only done so much.

3. On the topic of breeding, after the flood there was only a pair of every animal in existence(with the exception of "clean" animals). These animals bred and populated the earth, which lead to the variety of breeds seen today. For example, there was probably one canine species on the ark, and that species bred and multiplied into the wide variety of dogs and wolves seen today. That being said, today's reptiles are probably very different from the ones that were on the ark.

4. The skeletons and reconstructions of dinosaurs in museums today may not even be accurate. Often, scientists find a portion of a skeleton and are left to fill in the blanks as well as they can. When they do find a full skeleton, there is no guarantee that all the bones are from the same creature, and even if they are, scientists have to draw out their best guess as to what the creature might have looked like when it was alive. Many of today's most well known dinosaurs may not have even ever existed.

The real situation was likely a combination of these things (there may be more that I didn't think of).
If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Rich Aguilera has spoken extensively on this subject. Perhaps his presentations could provide some insight.
So what you are saying is that dinosaurs were created for domestication? Apart from the leather what use would a domesticated dino be to humankind? Also it does not make any sense breeding so many species of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs dont look like they are breeds, but different species and family groups.
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 3 weeks ago #66618

• Skite
Mp137 wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Peach1 wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
@peach, Um, Satan doesn't have that kind of power, only God does

Before Satan was bad, God gave Satan little power to do certain things.

If Satan did have that power when he was Lucifer, dinosaurs would not have been bad and destroyed by the flood like you are saying

Actually, he wouldn't have made any dinosaurs.

Okay.... now we're going in circles.

You mean you are.

Nope. I meant we, because we are both discussing this. If I was the only one going in circles that would mean I was arguing with myself.

This whole convo was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, honeyflower

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 2 weeks ago #66732

• LittleLadyBug
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Thank you received: 180
Skite wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:

Correction, average size was about that of a sheep or horse according to most of the scientific community.

But it appears, that with new data, the average size and mass was more that of an elephant or american bison (or anything that has 630 kilograms)

This information comes from here: answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/determini...saur-size-body-mass/

I visited other websites asking the same question, and none of them were as conclusive in relation to average dinosaur size.

It appears that this estimation that the dinosaur average size is that of a chicken, is an estimation created by evolutionists, because they believe that dinosaurs evolved into birds, and so birds are included, which would make the average smaller. If birds were excluded, than the average would be that of 630 kilograms.

So correction of my correction: The average size and mass of a dinosaur would revolve around 630 kilograms.
yeah, kinda realized that i put chicken after i posted it but was to lazy to delete it and the smallest dinosaur was the Compsognathus about 2 feet
ps i love going on answers in genesis, our family has a subscription to their catalogs and i have been to creation museum three times it is an awesome place.
if you did not know i like dinosaurs a lot :)
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 2 weeks ago #66775

• Skite
LittleLadyBug wrote:
Skite wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:

Correction, average size was about that of a sheep or horse according to most of the scientific community.

But it appears, that with new data, the average size and mass was more that of an elephant or american bison (or anything that has 630 kilograms)

This information comes from here: answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/determini...saur-size-body-mass/

I visited other websites asking the same question, and none of them were as conclusive in relation to average dinosaur size.

It appears that this estimation that the dinosaur average size is that of a chicken, is an estimation created by evolutionists, because they believe that dinosaurs evolved into birds, and so birds are included, which would make the average smaller. If birds were excluded, than the average would be that of 630 kilograms.

So correction of my correction: The average size and mass of a dinosaur would revolve around 630 kilograms.
yeah, kinda realized that i put chicken after i posted it but was to lazy to delete it and the smallest dinosaur was the Compsognathus about 2 feet
ps i love going on answers in genesis, our family has a subscription to their catalogs and i have been to creation museum three times it is an awesome place.
if you did not know i like dinosaurs a lot :)

Ah, yes? That's great :cheer:
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 10 months 2 weeks ago #66807

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
@mittens92999
There are many explanations for the existence of dinosaurs, and I think the answer is probably a combination of them.

1. In the antediluvian world the conditions were undoubtedly more favorable for life. There was probably more oxygen in the atmosphere, and the antediluvian people and animals were probably much larger than their modern counterparts. Therefore, some Dinos might simply be blown up versions of today's reptiles.

2. People may well have bred different species to alter them, but there's only so much they could have done. Completely unrelated animals cannot breed; they are just not compatible with one another. Animals more closely related can be bred, but within that time frame, the people could have only done so much.

3. On the topic of breeding, after the flood there was only a pair of every animal in existence(with the exception of "clean" animals). These animals bred and populated the earth, which lead to the variety of breeds seen today. For example, there was probably one canine species on the ark, and that species bred and multiplied into the wide variety of dogs and wolves seen today. That being said, today's reptiles are probably very different from the ones that were on the ark.

4. The skeletons and reconstructions of dinosaurs in museums today may not even be accurate. Often, scientists find a portion of a skeleton and are left to fill in the blanks as well as they can. When they do find a full skeleton, there is no guarantee that all the bones are from the same creature, and even if they are, scientists have to draw out their best guess as to what the creature might have looked like when it was alive. Many of today's most well known dinosaurs may not have even ever existed.

The real situation was likely a combination of these things (there may be more that I didn't think of).
If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Rich Aguilera has spoken extensively on this subject. Perhaps his presentations could provide some insight.
So what you are saying is that dinosaurs were created for domestication? Apart from the leather what use would a domesticated dino be to humankind? Also it does not make any sense breeding so many species of dinosaurs. Dinosaurs dont look like they are breeds, but different species and family groups.
Precisely; the antediluvians probably did not breed dinosaurs. However, IF they did breed dinosaurs for whatever reason, they would not have been able to create the types of dinosaurs we see today, as some others were implying when I originally posted that statement. That was my point
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 9 months 3 weeks ago #67637

• Skite
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
@mittens92999

Precisely; the antediluvians probably did not breed dinosaurs. However, IF they did breed dinosaurs for whatever reason, they would not have been able to create the types of dinosaurs we see today, as some others were implying when I originally posted that statement. That was my point

SO WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU SAYING?!?!?!?! Could you clarify your position?
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 9 months 2 weeks ago #67890

• SirGeneralCliche
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 545
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
@mittens92999

Okay
In my original response to mittens, she had said that she thought that people had bred dinosaurs to create the different breeds. I was saying that even if that was true, they still wouldn't have been able to create all the different species.
My point was that it is highly unlikely that dinosaurs were created by man through breeding.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 9 months 2 weeks ago #67906

• Kwesi
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Thank you received: 1381
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
@mittens92999

Okay
In my original response to mittens, she had said that she thought that people had bred dinosaurs to create the different breeds. I was saying that even if that was true, they still wouldn't have been able to create all the different species.
My point was that it is highly unlikely that dinosaurs were created by man through breeding.

I agree with that
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 9 months 2 weeks ago #68108

• Skite
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
@mittens92999

Okay

OHHHHHHhhhhhh.........okay......got it........
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70001

• Skite
Now this thread is dead......
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70005

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 991
Skite wrote:

We can argue with you, if you're bored :P

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70008

• Kwesi
Let us make this topic Alife or alive

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70011

• Skite
Stverno wrote:
Skite wrote:

We can argue with you, if you're bored :P

Lol, you might lose, XD
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70017

• Stverno
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Thank you received: 991
I shall proceed to try anyway:

The Dinos were not intentional because reasons. There have been fossil records of things that prove my point. That is all I can think of right now, so here are some helpful websites

WwW.myreasonsarecorrect.nina

Www.imalwaysright.og

NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Stverno.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70019

• Kwesi
Stverno wrote:

The Dinos were not intentional because reasons. There have been fossil records of things that prove my point. That is all I can think of right now, so here are some helpful websites

WwW.myreasonsarecorrect.ninja

Www.imalwaysright.org

Wow I actually clicked on the website smh

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70026

• Skite
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:

Www.imalwaysright.org

Well Stverno, I got some websites for you:

www.yourarguementisinvalid.com, and then go to: www.youhavenothingtobackup.org
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stverno

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70032

• Kwesi
Skite wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:

Www.imalwaysright.org

lol

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70103

• Cool Cat
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Thank you received: 225
notturningaside wrote:
There is a fascinating debate about this which has been going on for years about this in Adventisim, however i lean toward God creating dinosaurs, mainly because of these two passages:
Job 40:15-24
“Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17 Its tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
18 Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.
19 It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
20 The hills bring it their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants it lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal it in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround it.
23 A raging river does not alarm it;
it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
24 Can anyone capture it by the eyes,
or trap it and pierce its nose?
and Job 41
“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.
12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
15 Its back has[c] rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.
22 Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
23 The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
25 When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
29 A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 Its undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
34 It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”
These passages describe two creatures of enormous proportions that God made, and really outside of dinosauria there are no creatures which fit this profile. some people will say that the Behemoth is an elephant or hippo, but these creatures have tails more along the lines of the average rope than among those of a cedar tree. Some people will also say that Leviathan is a crocodile, but i have lived a block away from Colorado Gators which has both alligators and crocodiles, and i can tell you pretty definitively that they don't breathe fire, nor is their skin so thick as for an arrow not to harm it, and for that matter their undersides are actually kinda soft.

Wow, thats a LOT of info
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70129

• Skite
horsegirl04 wrote:
we should start a new topic for this. so it can be disused. and I KNOW that God intended dinosaurs creation

Why should we disuse it? I like this thread.....
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70540

• mittens92999
Skite wrote:
Kwesi wrote:
Stverno wrote:

Www.imalwaysright.org

LOL, I didn't get it until I actually read the links. That made me smile!!!
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70541

• mittens92999
Skite wrote:
horsegirl04 wrote:
we should start a new topic for this. so it can be disused. and I KNOW that God intended dinosaurs creation

Why should we disuse it? I like this thread.....

Ya, there is really nothing wrong with this thread. It's just dead, well not anymore.

-15 years old

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 8 months 3 weeks ago #70579

• horsegirl04
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Thank you received: 400
we should bring it back!

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Happy Birthday Sunny!
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds