Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Did God intend dinosaurs creation?

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 4 weeks ago #70679

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
Cool Cat wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
There is a fascinating debate about this which has been going on for years about this in Adventisim, however i lean toward God creating dinosaurs, mainly because of these two passages:
Job 40:15-24
“Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17 Its tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
18 Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.
19 It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
20 The hills bring it their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants it lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal it in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround it.
23 A raging river does not alarm it;
it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
24 Can anyone capture it by the eyes,
or trap it and pierce its nose?
and Job 41
“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.
12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
15 Its back has[c] rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.
22 Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
23 The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
25 When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
29 A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 Its undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
34 It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”
These passages describe two creatures of enormous proportions that God made, and really outside of dinosauria there are no creatures which fit this profile. some people will say that the Behemoth is an elephant or hippo, but these creatures have tails more along the lines of the average rope than among those of a cedar tree. Some people will also say that Leviathan is a crocodile, but i have lived a block away from Colorado Gators which has both alligators and crocodiles, and i can tell you pretty definitively that they don't breathe fire, nor is their skin so thick as for an arrow not to harm it, and for that matter their undersides are actually kinda soft.



Wow, thats a LOT of info
I used this verse when I was in a discussion with one of my friends dads because he said that dinosaurs were just an mythological creature like unicorns and them he said that if they did exist than they were an amalgamation and I used this verse and some other things to back up my point of view after like an hour he ended agreeing with me B)
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 4 weeks ago #70683

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 817
  • Thank you received: 344
LittleLadyBug wrote:
Cool Cat wrote:
notturningaside wrote:
There is a fascinating debate about this which has been going on for years about this in Adventisim, however i lean toward God creating dinosaurs, mainly because of these two passages:
Job 40:15-24
“Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17 Its tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
18 Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.
19 It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
20 The hills bring it their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants it lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal it in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround it.
23 A raging river does not alarm it;
it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
24 Can anyone capture it by the eyes,
or trap it and pierce its nose?
and Job 41
“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.
12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
15 Its back has[c] rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.
22 Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
23 The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
25 When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
29 A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 Its undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
34 It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”
These passages describe two creatures of enormous proportions that God made, and really outside of dinosauria there are no creatures which fit this profile. some people will say that the Behemoth is an elephant or hippo, but these creatures have tails more along the lines of the average rope than among those of a cedar tree. Some people will also say that Leviathan is a crocodile, but i have lived a block away from Colorado Gators which has both alligators and crocodiles, and i can tell you pretty definitively that they don't breathe fire, nor is their skin so thick as for an arrow not to harm it, and for that matter their undersides are actually kinda soft.



Wow, thats a LOT of info
I used this verse when I was in a discussion with one of my friends dads because he said that dinosaurs were just an mythological creature like unicorns and them he said that if they did exist than they were an amalgamation and I used this verse and some other things to back up my point of view after like an hour he ended agreeing with me B)

yep

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 2 weeks ago #71960

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
This topic is dead
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 2 weeks ago #72014

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 817
  • Thank you received: 344
LittleLadyBug wrote:
This topic is dead

Bring it back! :woohoo:

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 2 weeks ago #72129

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 507
LittleLadyBug wrote:
This topic is dead
Well, maybe that means we reached an agreement. :)
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 2 weeks ago #72191

  • LittleLadyBug
  • LittleLadyBug's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • love dinosurs oh and sleep :) class fossil
  • Posts: 411
  • Thank you received: 180
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
This topic is dead
Well, maybe that means we reached an agreement. :)
Yeah
All have fallen short of the glory of God our penalty is death but thanks be to God he has made a way for us!

Elena :)
#BUNNYBUNNY #thebunnymovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 2 weeks ago #72591

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 626
  • Thank you received: 330
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
This topic is dead
Well, maybe that means we reached an agreement. :)

I still in not fully in agreement with the majority, but that's ok. :blush:
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 2 weeks ago #72678

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 626
  • Thank you received: 330
If God did create dinosaurs, why are they not around today. Why would He wipe out an entire species after He created them and everything was "good"? And if in fact, the behemoth that Job was talking about was a dinosaur, which is just spectulation, there would still have been dinosaurs around that time period. What huge worldwide event caused the death of that species, but NO OTHER SPECIES? Scientists have found fossils up on the mountains tops, a place where dinosaurs could not habitat. The only probable cause is hat the flood waters reached over the mountain tops and deposited them there. The fact that every other species since the Flood hhas survived, but not the dinosaurs shows that God wiped out the sinful creaturs. And those passages in Job are just speculative, nobody knows for sure that those were dinosaurs. They could be any large creature on Earth. If in fact, the Bible stated that God did create dinosaurs, I would believe it 100%, but it doesn't. Tell me how those dinosaur fossils got up on the mountains then. It obviously needs an explanation. If there was no flood, what did happen? The fact is, the theory that dinosaurs were created by God, is full of holes. Plus Ellen G. White agrees with me.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwesi

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 1 week ago #72834

  • im a beekeeper
  • im a beekeeper's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Posts: 390
  • Thank you received: 185
Mp137 wrote:
LittleLadyBug wrote:
you guys do know that the average size dinosaur was the size of a chicken

Sorry! Didn't mean to thank you
Lol!!! You seem to do that a lot!

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horsegirl04

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 1 week ago #73080

  • SirGeneralCliche
  • SirGeneralCliche's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Posts: 631
  • Thank you received: 507
mittens92999 wrote:
If God did create dinosaurs, why are they not around today. Why would He wipe out an entire species after He created them and everything was "good"? And if in fact, the behemoth that Job was talking about was a dinosaur, which is just spectulation, there would still have been dinosaurs around that time period. What huge worldwide event caused the death of that species, but NO OTHER SPECIES? Scientists have found fossils up on the mountains tops, a place where dinosaurs could not habitat. The only probable cause is hat the flood waters reached over the mountain tops and deposited them there. The fact that every other species since the Flood hhas survived, but not the dinosaurs shows that God wiped out the sinful creaturs. And those passages in Job are just speculative, nobody knows for sure that those were dinosaurs. They could be any large creature on Earth. If in fact, the Bible stated that God did create dinosaurs, I would believe it 100%, but it doesn't. Tell me how those dinosaur fossils got up on the mountains then. It obviously needs an explanation. If there was no flood, what did happen? The fact is, the theory that dinosaurs were created by God, is full of holes. Plus Ellen G. White agrees with me.
Disclaimer: I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, but I like debating (kind of). Thus, I will not attempt to prove that dinosaurs are real; I will only attempt to explain the questions you put forward.

Remember, there were only two of every animal on the ark, the rest of them died. Mammals, reptiles, amphibians, etc. were all destroyed by the Flood. Therefore, the fact that there are fossils in the mountains does not mean that dinosaurs were not on the ark, it just shows that their relatives died. Also, not every species has survived since the Flood. Sometimes species just go extinct. Take the wooly mammoth. They have found, not just bones, but fully mummified carcasses of wooly mammoths, fur and all. I can't back this up with evidence, but I don't think that they went extinct because of the Flood. Dinosaurs could have easily gone extinct like the wooly mammoths did. Also, the Bible's scilence about dinosaurs doesn't prove anything. The Bible is the guide to salvation, and the only conclusion we can make is that dinosaurs aren't important for our salvation. I don't know what EGW said, so I can't say anything there.
If I forgot something, let me know.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite, the_adorbs

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 1 week ago #73090

  • Stverno
  • Stverno's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • It's a squid thing... You wouldn't understand
  • Posts: 820
  • Thank you received: 981
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
If God did create dinosaurs, why are they not around today. Why would He wipe out an entire species after He created them and everything was "good"? And if in fact, the behemoth that Job was talking about was a dinosaur, which is just spectulation, there would still have been dinosaurs around that time period. What huge worldwide event caused the death of that species, but NO OTHER SPECIES? Scientists have found fossils up on the mountains tops, a place where dinosaurs could not habitat. The only probable cause is hat the flood waters reached over the mountain tops and deposited them there. The fact that every other species since the Flood hhas survived, but not the dinosaurs shows that God wiped out the sinful creaturs. And those passages in Job are just speculative, nobody knows for sure that those were dinosaurs. They could be any large creature on Earth. If in fact, the Bible stated that God did create dinosaurs, I would believe it 100%, but it doesn't. Tell me how those dinosaur fossils got up on the mountains then. It obviously needs an explanation. If there was no flood, what did happen? The fact is, the theory that dinosaurs were created by God, is full of holes. Plus Ellen G. White agrees with me.
Disclaimer: I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, but I like debating (kind of). Thus, I will not attempt to prove that dinosaurs are real; I will only attempt to explain the questions you put forward.

Remember, there were only two of every animal on the ark, the rest of them died. Mammals, reptiles, amphibians, etc. were all destroyed by the Flood. Therefore, the fact that there are fossils in the mountains does not mean that dinosaurs were not on the ark, it just shows that their relatives died. Also, not every species has survived since the Flood. Sometimes species just go extinct. Take the wooly mammoth. They have found, not just bones, but fully mummified carcasses of wooly mammoths, fur and all. I can't back this up with evidence, but I don't think that they went extinct because of the Flood. Dinosaurs could have easily gone extinct like the wooly mammoths did. Also, the Bible's scilence about dinosaurs doesn't prove anything. The Bible is the guide to salvation, and the only conclusion we can make is that dinosaurs aren't important for our salvation. I don't know what EGW said, so I can't say anything there.
If I forgot something, let me know.

*silence

;)



NOTE TO ALL PERSONNEL: IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVEN THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL IS FEMALE
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirGeneralCliche

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 1 week ago #73373

  • emmy01
  • emmy01's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • The three R's - read, write, repeat!
  • Posts: 461
  • Thank you received: 611
Remember also that the days before Noah were very wicked. Maybe people were breeding animals to be bigger or stronger than they were or something like that and maybe the dinosaurs ended up being not what God intended them to be. In that case, He would have probably destroyed them, considering the fact that He wanted to cleanse the earth from sin. Of course, I'm not a paleontologist or anything like that, so I wouldn't know for certain......
If you hold someone's heart in your hands,
It joins with yours and separates the arrows of war.

#MAINEMMYS #EMMYSQUAD
#StvernoIsAFemale #MKIsAFemale #BushpossumIsAFemale #IAmAFemale #FemaleHashtagMovement
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TravelPastel

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 1 week ago #73413

  • horsegirl04
  • horsegirl04's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love reading, horses, and math
  • Posts: 817
  • Thank you received: 344
emmy01 wrote:
Remember also that the days before Noah were very wicked. Maybe people were breeding animals to be bigger or stronger than they were or something like that and maybe the dinosaurs ended up being not what God intended them to be. In that case, He would have probably destroyed them, considering the fact that He wanted to cleanse the earth from sin. Of course, I'm not a paleontologist or anything like that, so I wouldn't know for certain......
like i said before, most dinosaurs were the size of a chicken or a sheep.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
#IMPORTANT #STVERNOISAGRIL #HASHTAGMOVEMENT
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 4 days ago #74102

  • Skite
  • Skite's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Posts: 1132
  • Thank you received: 604
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
If God did create dinosaurs, why are they not around today. Why would He wipe out an entire species after He created them and everything was "good"? And if in fact, the behemoth that Job was talking about was a dinosaur, which is just spectulation, there would still have been dinosaurs around that time period. What huge worldwide event caused the death of that species, but NO OTHER SPECIES? Scientists have found fossils up on the mountains tops, a place where dinosaurs could not habitat. The only probable cause is hat the flood waters reached over the mountain tops and deposited them there. The fact that every other species since the Flood hhas survived, but not the dinosaurs shows that God wiped out the sinful creaturs. And those passages in Job are just speculative, nobody knows for sure that those were dinosaurs. They could be any large creature on Earth. If in fact, the Bible stated that God did create dinosaurs, I would believe it 100%, but it doesn't. Tell me how those dinosaur fossils got up on the mountains then. It obviously needs an explanation. If there was no flood, what did happen? The fact is, the theory that dinosaurs were created by God, is full of holes. Plus Ellen G. White agrees with me.
Disclaimer: I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, but I like debating (kind of). Thus, I will not attempt to prove that dinosaurs are real; I will only attempt to explain the questions you put forward.

Remember, there were only two of every animal on the ark, the rest of them died. Mammals, reptiles, amphibians, etc. were all destroyed by the Flood. Therefore, the fact that there are fossils in the mountains does not mean that dinosaurs were not on the ark, it just shows that their relatives died. Also, not every species has survived since the Flood. Sometimes species just go extinct. Take the wooly mammoth. They have found, not just bones, but fully mummified carcasses of wooly mammoths, fur and all. I can't back this up with evidence, but I don't think that they went extinct because of the Flood. Dinosaurs could have easily gone extinct like the wooly mammoths did. Also, the Bible's scilence about dinosaurs doesn't prove anything. The Bible is the guide to salvation, and the only conclusion we can make is that dinosaurs aren't important for our salvation. I don't know what EGW said, so I can't say anything there.
If I forgot something, let me know.

Ok, back to debating, XD. Well, if we are to talk about the flood, Genesis 6 is our chapter to read. After reading it, notice that in Verse 7, God said that He will practically destroy EVERYTHING. So there was no mention as to whom the flood was directed towards, so the argument that the flood was specifically for man's "lab experiments" is invalid, cause the flood was intended for the destruction of all Creation on planet earth because of Man's evil, and the evil is more centered on how man interacted with other men, but not how he deformed nature. And in verse 11, it states that "the earth was filled with violence.", which means, in my interpretation, that man was not spending his time in a lab thinking of creating monsters, but his every thought was of evil and bringing harm to his neighbor. These are evidences that the flood was a punishment for every breathing thing and more for man than anything else.

@mittens, when you ask the question, "Why would He wipe out an entire species after He created them and everything was "good"?", we could ask the same for every single species out there, including why God wanted to wipe out man. Now, I want to state that I am a strong believer in the fact that the flood did exist, and not only dinosaur fossils are on mountains, but fish fossils too. What are the fish doing there if they didn't live there? So, you are in fact asking questions that can apply to any species that compose the animal kingdom. Now a question that I have for you is, how do you know that the dinosaurs didn't survive? You see, no where in the Bible does it say that God didn't preserve a certain species, and I doubt even Ellen White says that.

Now I want to present to you a fish called the coelacanth. Please google it. The coelacanth, was long considered by all kinds of scientists as to have been extinct until several decades ago, when coelacanths began appearing out of nowhere in fishermen nets, and are now in aquariums. But people knew of the coelacanth's existence long before they were first fished and they were known to have existed cause we found their fossils and assumed that they were extinct. Why? Maybe cause we weren't fishing them? I'm guessing you are getting the picture. Just because you can't see the creature alive, doesn't mean it's not alive anymore. It could be alive, or not. I believe that dinosaurs did survive the flood, but its possible that after many centuries of coexisting with humans after the flood, they went extinct in the 1700s, but they appear in human history before the 1700s, and in the Bible.

To further explain that, I present the Thylacine, otherwise known as the Tasmanian Tiger. Unfortunately these beautiful animals were wiped out by early Australian settlers in the late 1800s and early 1900s, but would you believe they existed if you don't see them in zoos today? Considering that we have all the details about them, how tall they are, their weight, what length, in summary, we have a description of them, from naturalists and those Australian settlers who hunted them down, yet they don't exist anymore, but would you believe the thylacine existed according to those people? Google it. It's true that the Thylacine is pronounced extinct by the scientific and naturalistic community, but there are dozens of sightings of the creature each year. Who knows? Maybe they survived :)

And that is the beauty about the book of Job, because Behemoth is mentioned, but with details, that "he has strength in his loins" (power and weight), he "sways his tail like a cedar" (length and height), and the fact that "only his Maker can make His sword approach unto him (unto Behemoth)" and that he "is chief in the ways of God", which show that this was a huge animal that was technically the king of the animal kingdom because God made him that way. So in Job we are not just given the name Behemoth, for speculation, but the book provides the name plus a description FROM the Maker Himself, which brings us to a level higher then speculation which is that of pondering the possibility that God was talking about one of the greatest animals to walk on the earth, which He created, and that this animal was deemed fit to be saved on the ark to continue on marveling the next generations of man to come.

In other words, would you believe other men that the Thylacine existed, and not God Himself that behemoth existed and that behemoth was a much larger creature than a giraffe or an elephant? When we read Job 40, we are not left to speculation, because speculation exists where there is no evidence or description, which are two things that are clearly present in the chapter.

Well, Sir explained everything related with the flood because lots of lions, horses, parrots, butterflies, goldfish, and everything in-between also died, but because of God's salvation, and the plan of placing them two of each on the ark, they are alive and well. So why can't the same be for another one of God's creations, the dinosaurs? And as I said in other posts, they put the baby dinos in the ark.

Well, those are my arguments for the day, thank you for reading and I await your next set of arguments, Mittens. It really is an interesting debate we are having here.

Happy Sabbath and Bye!! B)
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tasha1507, the_adorbs

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 6 months 4 days ago #74106

  • Kwesi
  • Kwesi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • I love Poems and Quotes
  • Posts: 640
  • Thank you received: 1333
Skite wrote:
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
If God did create dinosaurs, why are they not around today. Why would He wipe out an entire species after He created them and everything was "good"? And if in fact, the behemoth that Job was talking about was a dinosaur, which is just spectulation, there would still have been dinosaurs around that time period. What huge worldwide event caused the death of that species, but NO OTHER SPECIES? Scientists have found fossils up on the mountains tops, a place where dinosaurs could not habitat. The only probable cause is hat the flood waters reached over the mountain tops and deposited them there. The fact that every other species since the Flood hhas survived, but not the dinosaurs shows that God wiped out the sinful creaturs. And those passages in Job are just speculative, nobody knows for sure that those were dinosaurs. They could be any large creature on Earth. If in fact, the Bible stated that God did create dinosaurs, I would believe it 100%, but it doesn't. Tell me how those dinosaur fossils got up on the mountains then. It obviously needs an explanation. If there was no flood, what did happen? The fact is, the theory that dinosaurs were created by God, is full of holes. Plus Ellen G. White agrees with me.
Disclaimer: I don't have a strong opinion on this topic, but I like debating (kind of). Thus, I will not attempt to prove that dinosaurs are real; I will only attempt to explain the questions you put forward.

Remember, there were only two of every animal on the ark, the rest of them died. Mammals, reptiles, amphibians, etc. were all destroyed by the Flood. Therefore, the fact that there are fossils in the mountains does not mean that dinosaurs were not on the ark, it just shows that their relatives died. Also, not every species has survived since the Flood. Sometimes species just go extinct. Take the wooly mammoth. They have found, not just bones, but fully mummified carcasses of wooly mammoths, fur and all. I can't back this up with evidence, but I don't think that they went extinct because of the Flood. Dinosaurs could have easily gone extinct like the wooly mammoths did. Also, the Bible's scilence about dinosaurs doesn't prove anything. The Bible is the guide to salvation, and the only conclusion we can make is that dinosaurs aren't important for our salvation. I don't know what EGW said, so I can't say anything there.
If I forgot something, let me know.

Ok, back to debating, XD. Well, if we are to talk about the flood, Genesis 6 is our chapter to read. After reading it, notice that in Verse 7, God said that He will practically destroy EVERYTHING. So there was no mention as to whom the flood was directed towards, so the argument that the flood was specifically for man's "lab experiments" is invalid, cause the flood was intended for the destruction of all Creation on planet earth because of Man's evil, and the evil is more centered on how man interacted with other men, but not how he deformed nature. And in verse 11, it states that "the earth was filled with violence.", which means, in my interpretation, that man was not spending his time in a lab thinking of creating monsters, but his every thought was of evil and bringing harm to his neighbor. These are evidences that the flood was a punishment for every breathing thing and more for man than anything else.

@mittens, when you ask the question, "Why would He wipe out an entire species after He created them and everything was "good"?", we could ask the same for every single species out there, including why God wanted to wipe out man. Now, I want to state that I am a strong believer in the fact that the flood did exist, and not only dinosaur fossils are on mountains, but fish fossils too. What are the fish doing there if they didn't live there? So, you are in fact asking questions that can apply to any species that compose the animal kingdom. Now a question that I have for you is, how do you know that the dinosaurs didn't survive? You see, no where in the Bible does it say that God didn't preserve a certain species, and I doubt even Ellen White says that.

Now I want to present to you a fish called the coelacanth. Please google it. The coelacanth, was long considered by all kinds of scientists as to have been extinct until several decades ago, when coelacanths began appearing out of nowhere in fishermen nets, and are now in aquariums. But people knew of the coelacanth's existence long before they were first fished and they were known to have existed cause we found their fossils and assumed that they were extinct. Why? Maybe cause we weren't fishing them? I'm guessing you are getting the picture. Just because you can't see the creature alive, doesn't mean it's not alive anymore. It could be alive, or not. I believe that dinosaurs did survive the flood, but its possible that after many centuries of coexisting with humans after the flood, they went extinct in the 1700s, but they appear in human history before the 1700s, and in the Bible.

To further explain that, I present the Thylacine, otherwise known as the Tasmanian Tiger. Unfortunately these beautiful animals were wiped out by early Australian settlers in the late 1800s and early 1900s, but would you believe they existed if you don't see them in zoos today? Considering that we have all the details about them, how tall they are, their weight, what length, in summary, we have a description of them, from naturalists and those Australian settlers who hunted them down, yet they don't exist anymore, but would you believe the thylacine existed according to those people? Google it. It's true that the Thylacine is pronounced extinct by the scientific and naturalistic community, but there are dozens of sightings of the creature each year. Who knows? Maybe they survived :)

And that is the beauty about the book of Job, because Behemoth is mentioned, but with details, that "he has strength in his loins" (power and weight), he "sways his tail like a cedar" (length and height), and the fact that "only his Maker can make His sword approach unto him (unto Behemoth)" and that he "is chief in the ways of God", which show that this was a huge animal that was technically the king of the animal kingdom because God made him that way. So in Job we are not just given the name Behemoth, for speculation, but the book provides the name plus a description FROM the Maker Himself, which brings us to a level higher then speculation which is that of pondering the possibility that God was talking about one of the greatest animals to walk on the earth, which He created, and that this animal was deemed fit to be saved on the ark to continue on marveling the next generations of man to come.

In other words, would you believe other men that the Thylacine existed, and not God Himself that behemoth existed and that behemoth was a much larger creature than a giraffe or an elephant? When we read Job 40, we are not left to speculation, because speculation exists where there is no evidence or description, which are two things that are clearly present in the chapter.

Well, Sir explained everything related with the flood because lots of lions, horses, parrots, butterflies, goldfish, and everything in-between also died, but because of God's salvation, and the plan of placing them two of each on the ark, they are alive and well. So why can't the same be for another one of God's creations, the dinosaurs? And as I said in other posts, they put the baby dinos in the ark.

Well, those are my arguments for the day, thank you for reading and I await your next set of arguments, Mittens. It really is an interesting debate we are having here.

Happy Sabbath and Bye!! B)
It would take me a while to type a post like this
Today, give yourself permission to be outrageously kind, irrationally warm, improbably generous. I promise it will be a blast
Sasha Dichter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds