Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Did God intend dinosaurs creation?

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58483

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 342
I think that the sinful people of Noah's time bred many different, unrelated animals together, making dinosaurs. Do YOU think God created dinosaurs, or do you think they were the mistake of human beings? I am a little bit confused on the subject.
Genesis 6:5,6- The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.
I also think dinosaurs were destroyed by the flood.
Ellen G. White also alludes this topic saying,
"Every species of animal which God had created were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men." (Spiritual Gifts, vol. 3, p. 75)
“Soon after the Flood the race began to rapidly decrease in size, and in length of years.
There was a class of very large animals which perished at the Flood. God knew that the
strength of man would decrease, and these mammoth animals could not be controlled by
feeble man” (4aSG 121).
“I was shown that very large, powerful animals existed before the Flood which do not
now exist. . . . the bones of human beings and of animals found in the earth . . . are much
larger than those of men and animals now living, or that have existed for many
generations past . . .” (3SG 92; 1SP 87, 88).
“God so ordered that men, beasts, and trees many times larger than those now upon the
earth, and other things, should be buried in the earth at the time of the Flood, and there be
preserved to evidence to man that the inhabitants of the old world perished by a flood.
God designed that the discovery of these things in the earth should establish the faith of
men in inspired history” (3SG 95; 1SP 90).
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: miss amazing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58595

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
I explained to you in another post (and I think I will bring that explanation here after it gets posted), that human capacity is not able to create creatures of such magnitude and or complexity, and even beauty. Also, it's true that many creatures died in the flood, and many would have gone extinct, but there is a lot of evidence showing that dinosaurs lived long after the flood, and even to the present day. I will explain more later. Anyways, have a good Sabbath, and if you have any more questions or arguments (not that I am looking for a fight), I will be happy to answer them.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lloyd101

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58615

There is a fascinating debate about this which has been going on for years about this in Adventisim, however i lean toward God creating dinosaurs, mainly because of these two passages:
Job 40:15-24
“Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17 Its tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
18 Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.
19 It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
20 The hills bring it their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants it lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal it in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround it.
23 A raging river does not alarm it;
it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
24 Can anyone capture it by the eyes,
or trap it and pierce its nose?
and Job 41
“Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook
or tie down its tongue with a rope?
2 Can you put a cord through its nose
or pierce its jaw with a hook?
3 Will it keep begging you for mercy?
Will it speak to you with gentle words?
4 Will it make an agreement with you
for you to take it as your slave for life?
5 Can you make a pet of it like a bird
or put it on a leash for the young women in your house?
6 Will traders barter for it?
Will they divide it up among the merchants?
7 Can you fill its hide with harpoons
or its head with fishing spears?
8 If you lay a hand on it,
you will remember the struggle and never do it again!
9 Any hope of subduing it is false;
the mere sight of it is overpowering.
10 No one is fierce enough to rouse it.
Who then is able to stand against me?
11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Everything under heaven belongs to me.
12 “I will not fail to speak of Leviathan’s limbs,
its strength and its graceful form.
13 Who can strip off its outer coat?
Who can penetrate its double coat of armor?
14 Who dares open the doors of its mouth,
ringed about with fearsome teeth?
15 Its back has[c] rows of shields
tightly sealed together;
16 each is so close to the next
that no air can pass between.
17 They are joined fast to one another;
they cling together and cannot be parted.
18 Its snorting throws out flashes of light;
its eyes are like the rays of dawn.
19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
20 Smoke pours from its nostrils
as from a boiling pot over burning reeds.
21 Its breath sets coals ablaze,
and flames dart from its mouth.
22 Strength resides in its neck;
dismay goes before it.
23 The folds of its flesh are tightly joined;
they are firm and immovable.
24 Its chest is hard as rock,
hard as a lower millstone.
25 When it rises up, the mighty are terrified;
they retreat before its thrashing.
26 The sword that reaches it has no effect,
nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin.
27 Iron it treats like straw
and bronze like rotten wood.
28 Arrows do not make it flee;
slingstones are like chaff to it.
29 A club seems to it but a piece of straw;
it laughs at the rattling of the lance.
30 Its undersides are jagged potsherds,
leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing sledge.
31 It makes the depths churn like a boiling caldron
and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment.
32 It leaves a glistening wake behind it;
one would think the deep had white hair.
33 Nothing on earth is its equal—
a creature without fear.
34 It looks down on all that are haughty;
it is king over all that are proud.”
These passages describe two creatures of enormous proportions that God made, and really outside of dinosauria there are no creatures which fit this profile. some people will say that the Behemoth is an elephant or hippo, but these creatures have tails more along the lines of the average rope than among those of a cedar tree. Some people will also say that Leviathan is a crocodile, but i have lived a block away from Colorado Gators which has both alligators and crocodiles, and i can tell you pretty definitively that they don't breathe fire, nor is their skin so thick as for an arrow not to harm it, and for that matter their undersides are actually kinda soft.
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58684

• Skite
By the way Mittens, in another post you said this:

Cute but I don't agree that God made dinosaurs. I believe the sinful human beings of Noah's time bred different species with each other, making dinosaurs. This was not what God had in mind.

And I responded this:

mittens92999 wrote:
Cute but I don't agree that God made dinosaurs. I believe the sinful human beings of Noah's time bred different species with each other, making dinosaurs. This was not what God had in mind.

First of all, there are some really big dinosaurs, and some really small dinosaurs, and these are great varieties of dinosaurs. Also, we find fossils all over the world, and different places that it's impossible that an antediluvian experiment could have gotten to such numbers. Also, we would be able to find dinosaurs, hundreds that are deformed, because crossbreeding is not the best idea these days. At this stage in our own human race development, we are only able to make small variations in animals, but not to a scale where there is a great variety of species, and that these were functioning normal animals. Also, not to mention, there was a lot more animal life than just dinosaurs. What we know as "flying dinosaurs", and or "sea dinosaurs", are not dinosaurs, but they are reptiles that are in there own groups. How could antediluvians create such creatures? It's simply impossible, man does not have the ability to create like that. And neither can satan, and so the variety, complexity, and beauty of these creatures surpasses, even the capacity of antediluvians.

And I AGREE WITH YOU nottuningaside!
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

The following user(s) said Thank You: notturningaside

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58700

• Pyrrhic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 147
I guess you like dinosaurs bc its your profile picture...
Skite wrote:
I explained to you in another post (and I think I will bring that explanation here after it gets posted), that human capacity is not able to create creatures of such magnitude and or complexity, and even beauty. Also, it's true that many creatures died in the flood, and many would have gone extinct, but there is a lot of evidence showing that dinosaurs lived long after the flood, and even to the present day. I will explain more later. Anyways, have a good Sabbath, and if you have any more questions or arguments (not that I am looking for a fight), I will be happy to answer them.
Pyrrhic - means won a victory!

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58701

• Pyrrhic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 147
Look up Rich Aguilera. He has a whole interesting topic about dinos.
Pyrrhic - means won a victory!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirGeneralCliche

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58721

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
I responded with this on the same post Skite was talking about:

Ok, let's say that dinosaurs were created by God, what major world event caused ALL dinosaurs to become extinct? The flood God brought upon the people of Noah's time was the only possible way these dinosaurs could have gone extinct. Some scientists say a huge meteor struck the Earth, or a volcano erupted, but the Global Flood God sent must have been the cause, because nowadays we find dinosaur fossils in areas like mountains and all over the world that dinosaurs could not have thrived or lived, but the flood carried the fossils and dead bodies, or even live dinosaurs to those areas to die. Now, if God HAD created these dinosaurs, but allowed them to die in the flood, why would He have created them in the first place, just to have them go extinct a few hundred years later? He allowed all other species of animals to board on Noah's ark, because HE created them, while the dinosaurs were a reminder of the sinful nature of the humans in Noah's time. No other FULL species of animals has gone extinct to this very day, EXCEPT for dinosaurs. There may be a certain type of bird like a parrot (it's actually not extinct, but I couldn't think of a bird that was:) ) for example that has gone extinct, but never have ALL birds gone extinct. Why would God wipe out a whole race of animals unless they were a result of sinful human nature? God used the flood to cleanse the world from sinful beings and HE did the same with dinosaurs.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58742

just adding to what skite said a little bit, scientifically speaking it is well nigh impossible (well nigh because in science there is no such thing as impossible) for such creatures to be manufactured. even using Jurassic Park technology you could only work with reptile DNA because even with their technology you could only use DNA from within the same class to create a creature, which means that with dinosaurs (which can go up to 122 feet long and 60 feet high) you would have to start with the largest reptile, which is the crocodile, and even back in antediluvian times, they only grew to about 40 feet long (and then all reptiles are pretty short), and then you have to make ones that are also herbivorous, and there are very few reptiles that are herbivorous, so basically, scientifically speaking, its virtually impossible to create a dinosaur without having at least one to start with, or being able to artificially manufacture stable DNA, and even if if you had one of these things you would still run into a whole host of deformities and problems, so, basically manufacturing dinosaurs would require technology probably a few millenia ahead of Star Trek technology, not to mention a ridiculous amount of time, resources, and money
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58765

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
mittens92999 wrote:
I responded with this on the same post Skite was talking about:

Ok, let's say that dinosaurs were created by God, what major world event caused ALL dinosaurs to become extinct? The flood God brought upon the people of Noah's time was the only possible way these dinosaurs could have gone extinct. Some scientists say a huge meteor struck the Earth, or a volcano erupted, but the Global Flood God sent must have been the cause, because nowadays we find dinosaur fossils in areas like mountains and all over the world that dinosaurs could not have thrived or lived, but the flood carried the fossils and dead bodies, or even live dinosaurs to those areas to die. Now, if God HAD created these dinosaurs, but allowed them to die in the flood, why would He have created them in the first place, just to have them go extinct a few hundred years later? He allowed all other species of animals to board on Noah's ark, because HE created them, while the dinosaurs were a reminder of the sinful nature of the humans in Noah's time. No other FULL species of animals has gone extinct to this very day, EXCEPT for dinosaurs. There may be a certain type of bird like a parrot (it's actually not extinct, but I couldn't think of a bird that was:) ) for example that has gone extinct, but never have ALL birds gone extinct. Why would God wipe out a whole race of animals unless they were a result of sinful human nature? God used the flood to cleanse the world from sinful beings and HE did the same with dinosaurs.

God nearly caused all humans to become extinct. And where do you get the information that dinosaurs all died in the flood? I personally think that somewhere, someplace, dinosaurs could still exist. Not on such a huge scale, but who knows?
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razena

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58816

@mittens
Actually, it is believed that some dinos did survive, in fact there is a fair amount of evidence to suggest that there are still highly limited populations in certain parts of the earth

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58834

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 35
mittens92999 wrote:
I think that the sinful people of Noah's time bred many different, unrelated animals together, making dinosaurs. Do YOU think God created dinosaurs, or do you think they were the mistake of human beings? I am a little bit confused on the subject.
Genesis 6:5,6- The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.
"Every species of animal which God had created were preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood. Since the flood there has been amalgamation of man and beast, as may be seen in the almost endless varieties of species of animals, and in certain races of men." (Spiritual Gifts, vol. 3, p. 75)
“Soon after the Flood the race began to rapidly decrease in size, and in length of years.
There was a class of very large animals which perished at the Flood. God knew that the
strength of man would decrease, and these mammoth animals could not be controlled by
feeble man” (4aSG 121).
“I was shown that very large, powerful animals existed before the Flood which do not
now exist. . . . the bones of human beings and of animals found in the earth . . . are much
“God so ordered that men, beasts, and trees many times larger than those now upon the
earth, and other things, should be buried in the earth at the time of the Flood, and there be
preserved to evidence to man that the inhabitants of the old world perished by a flood.
God designed that the discovery of these things in the earth should establish the faith of
I agree that man might have mixed breeds of different animals to get dinos. But then somewhere I read that God could have used dinos to punish the people for their sins.( I don't necessarily believe that thought) But I believe that dinos where not meat eaters. I'm taking this from Paster Walter J. Veith's " The Genesis Conflict" series.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58835

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 35
notturningaside wrote:
@mittens
Actually, it is believed that some dinos did survive, in fact there is a fair amount of evidence to suggest that there are still highly limited populations in certain parts of the earth
I don't think dinos survived because back then there was more oxygen so things could grow bigger but now there's not so much anymore. There are some giant people today but most of them don't live long because the conditions aren't right to support them.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58849

• Skite
Mittens, I responded this to what you said:

Anyways, as tomtom said, we are not sure what species got on the ark, and what did not, and so forth, but I am sure that dinosaurs survived. Evidence, you ask? ALL OVER THE WORLD. Think, dragon legends, what do they depict? Huge reptilian beasts. What are dinosaurs? Huge reptilian beasts. And I know you will say, that dragons have magic, wings, and fire, but who says God can't create such a beast. Snakes were very different from the snakes we have today. Also, not all dragons have wings, or breathe fire. They are water dragons, and land dragons, and all kinds of dragons. Make a mental note that the word "dinosaur" was invented in the 1800s, and o what word did they use for such beasts before 1842? Dragons. Even in the Bible, Dragon is mentioned several times (but unfortunately, it is seldom mentioned in the new versions, cause the editors are scared people will say we are mystical cause we have dragons in the Bible, but that is the peoples fault)

Hey why don't we move our debate here?
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58854

• LEMONwizard
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I trust God. Do you?
  • Thank you received: 93
It depends on what you call dinosaurs. A theory some people have is that people before the Flood combined species of animals to create dinosaurs. People back then may have had better technology than us today! then, of course, the Flood wiped it all out.

Some "dinosaurs" were creatures God made. Its in Job. Others He wiped out. I don't think that anything that God made are actually dinosaurs. The things He made that we think of as "dinosaurs" I think are either VERY endangered or extinct. My answer to your question is NO
TRUST GOD with EVERYTHING because GOD HOLDS EVERYTHING and HE WON'T LET GO

#StvernoIsAFemale #IAmAFemaleToo #FemaleHashtagMovement
When Emmy01 can't, I will fight for the pencil.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 5 months ago #58868

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Thank you received: 194
It doesn't seem like anybody agrees with u Mittens! Just sayin' I agree with what Ellen White says too. ;)
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 4 months ago #58920

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
Ruthie wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:
feeble man” (4aSG 121).
I agree that man might have mixed breeds of different animals to get dinos. But then somewhere I read that God could have used dinos to punish the people for their sins.( I don't necessarily believe that thought) But I believe that dinos where not meat eaters. I'm taking this from Paster Walter J. Veith's " The Genesis Conflict" series.

I will have to check out what Walter Veith says on this topic. Thanks for the tip! :cheer:

-15 years old

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 4 months ago #58955

• Skite
LEMONwizard wrote:
It depends on what you call dinosaurs. A theory some people have is that people before the Flood combined species of animals to create dinosaurs. People back then may have had better technology than us today! then, of course, the Flood wiped it all out.

Some "dinosaurs" were creatures God made. Its in Job. Others He wiped out. I don't think that anything that God made are actually dinosaurs. The things He made that we think of as "dinosaurs" I think are either VERY endangered or extinct. My answer to your question is NO

It's true that humans are capable of manipulating life, and creating whatever stuff, but the problem is that you almost will never have a perfect creature.
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #59579

@ruthie, the limited dinosaur populations are ones of smaller stature,
and one more thing to yall while creating a dinosaur is theoretically possible, there are references in the bible to what are very likely to be dinos, and quite frankly, research what it would take to build the variety of dinosaurs that there are, even assuming antediluvians were far more advanced than us, they would have likely gone to the moon before they created dinosaurs, its just that difficult to do successfully, i mean you would have to create hundreds of specimens before you could have one that would survive to adulthood, and you would also need computers and robots more advanced than anything we have today. and while Ellen white says that animals were amalgamated she does not mention dinosaurs directly or indirectly, however it does mention basically that God didn't create Mules because they are made by breeding a horse and donkey, and he also didn't create labradoodles, because those are created by breeding a labrador and a poodle.
oh, and look up Mokele-embembe, and Burrunjor, and then there is also Champ (located in lake chaplain) and Amali to name a couple

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #59745

• Skite
notturningaside wrote:
@ruthie, the limited dinosaur populations are ones of smaller stature,
and one more thing to yall while creating a dinosaur is theoretically possible, there are references in the bible to what are very likely to be dinos, and quite frankly, research what it would take to build the variety of dinosaurs that there are, even assuming antediluvians were far more advanced than us, they would have likely gone to the moon before they created dinosaurs, its just that difficult to do successfully, i mean you would have to create hundreds of specimens before you could have one that would survive to adulthood, and you would also need computers and robots more advanced than anything we have today. and while Ellen white says that animals were amalgamated she does not mention dinosaurs directly or indirectly, however it does mention basically that God didn't create Mules because they are made by breeding a horse and donkey, and he also didn't create labradoodles, because those are created by breeding a labrador and a poodle.
oh, and look up Mokele-embembe, and Burrunjor, and then there is also Champ (located in lake chaplain) and Amali to name a couple

Lets not forget that there are other families of reptiles that also might have survived the flood as well. I explained in another post that dinosaurs are only the land reptiles, and that the flying and swimming reptiles are not dinosaurs, but part of their own families. The flying reptiles are called pterasaurs, and and it appears they still exist to this day, or at least after the flood. They even have names!

In the world there are at least two that I know of, one is Kongamato which lives in Africa, and the other is the Ropen, which is seen in Papua New Guinea, and is a bit larger. Both are nocturnal, and based on native witneses, the Ropen appears to have a bioluminesent nature, meaning, that it's belly glows! Now these natives are not dumb pre-school students. They are full grown men and women who respect and know nature inside and out, and have probably seen this creature at least twice in their life.

Look at this site: www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/flyingserpent.html
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #59933

• Birdie500
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Thank you received: 311
mittens92999 wrote:
feeble man” (4aSG 121).

Yes, my family and I strongly believe this :cheer:
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #59983

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 523
@mittens92999
There are many explanations for the existence of dinosaurs, and I think the answer is probably a combination of them.

1. In the antediluvian world the conditions were undoubtedly more favorable for life. There was probably more oxygen in the atmosphere, and the antediluvian people and animals were probably much larger than their modern counterparts. Therefore, some Dinos might simply be blown up versions of today's reptiles.

2. People may well have bred different species to alter them, but there's only so much they could have done. Completely unrelated animals cannot breed; they are just not compatible with one another. Animals more closely related can be bred, but within that time frame, the people could have only done so much.

3. On the topic of breeding, after the flood there was only a pair of every animal in existence(with the exception of "clean" animals). These animals bred and populated the earth, which lead to the variety of breeds seen today. For example, there was probably one canine species on the ark, and that species bred and multiplied into the wide variety of dogs and wolves seen today. That being said, today's reptiles are probably very different from the ones that were on the ark.

4. The skeletons and reconstructions of dinosaurs in museums today may not even be accurate. Often, scientists find a portion of a skeleton and are left to fill in the blanks as well as they can. When they do find a full skeleton, there is no guarantee that all the bones are from the same creature, and even if they are, scientists have to draw out their best guess as to what the creature might have looked like when it was alive. Many of today's most well known dinosaurs may not have even ever existed.

The real situation was likely a combination of these things (there may be more that I didn't think of).
If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Rich Aguilera has spoken extensively on this subject. Perhaps his presentations could provide some insight.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #60027

• Lloyd101
  • (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
  • Thank you received: 328
Thats a LOT of reading. :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #60043

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
@SirGeneralCliche - So are you for or against the cross breeding of dinosaurs?

-15 years old

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #60182

• SirGeneralCliche
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ima just a regular guy...
  • Thank you received: 523
mittens92999 wrote:
@SirGeneralCliche - So are you for or against the cross breeding of dinosaurs?

You mean wether or not I think it existed?

I'm sure that cross breeding probably did happen, but I don't know what those people were going for. Generally, people cross breed animals to get a new creature with traits from both its parents, so the antediluvian people may have been experimenting with reptiles in that sense, trying to get a certain outcome, but maybe not. We just haven't way of knowing what actually happened.

If people did cross breed reptiles, like I said, it may not have drastically altered the animals' appearance(at least not instantly). For instance: lion + tiger = liger
and horse + donkey = mule, but goats can't crossbreed with foxes, and fish can't crossbreed with crabs. They may have bread reptiles within the same family, but those reptiles wouldn't have been all that different from their parents.
Also, antediluvian reptiles may have already looked different from those of today, which could explain why the fossils seem so different from the reptiles we are familiar with.

That being said, I suppose people could have bred significantly different animals given enough time(e.g. Compare a chihuahua to a Great Dane). I am not very familiar with breeding, so I don't know how long something like that could have taken, nor do I know exactly how many years took place between Eden and the flood. I'm sure if I did, I could estimate how far the people could have gotten with breeding by the time of the flood, provided that they did indeed crossbreed.
All rules have exceptions, including this one.

Did God intend dinosaurs creation? 1 year 3 months ago #60184

• Skite
SirGeneralCliche wrote:
@mittens92999
There are many explanations for the existence of dinosaurs, and I think the answer is probably a combination of them.

1. In the antediluvian world the conditions were undoubtedly more favorable for life. There was probably more oxygen in the atmosphere, and the antediluvian people and animals were probably much larger than their modern counterparts. Therefore, some Dinos might simply be blown up versions of today's reptiles.

2. People may well have bred different species to alter them, but there's only so much they could have done. Completely unrelated animals cannot breed; they are just not compatible with one another. Animals more closely related can be bred, but within that time frame, the people could have only done so much.

3. On the topic of breeding, after the flood there was only a pair of every animal in existence(with the exception of "clean" animals). These animals bred and populated the earth, which lead to the variety of breeds seen today. For example, there was probably one canine species on the ark, and that species bred and multiplied into the wide variety of dogs and wolves seen today. That being said, today's reptiles are probably very different from the ones that were on the ark.

4. The skeletons and reconstructions of dinosaurs in museums today may not even be accurate. Often, scientists find a portion of a skeleton and are left to fill in the blanks as well as they can. When they do find a full skeleton, there is no guarantee that all the bones are from the same creature, and even if they are, scientists have to draw out their best guess as to what the creature might have looked like when it was alive. Many of today's most well known dinosaurs may not have even ever existed.

The real situation was likely a combination of these things (there may be more that I didn't think of).
If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Rich Aguilera has spoken extensively on this subject. Perhaps his presentations could provide some insight.

Sir, there is a chance that the reconstructions can be false, but there have been living examples spotted even in our days. In the Congo there is a creature called the Mokele-Mbembe, which would from time to time be seen by the natives. Scientists went to interview the natives and show them pictures of African creatures, and dinosaurs, to see what creature the natives saw. Turns out that the natives pointed at a reconstruction of a small sauropod. This is one of many examples showing that reptiles haven't changed much, and that dinosaurs might still be around. Also dogs were bred by man to fulfill his needs. So without human tampering, animals would change very very little. So I kind of debunked your last two points. Although it's true that fossils are hard to find, scattered when found, and it's uncertain how the living animal actually looked like, archaeological evidence and witness accounts are showing that scientists are on the right track. And even if your comment that dinos could be "blown-up versions of todays reptiles" was funny, dinosaurs are very different from todays reptiles, mainly due to anatomy. I mean there is a clear line between a dino and a gecko or a croc. Very clear. Anyways, that's my say for today.
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
Lord, let me praise you
Lord, let me sing

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds