Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism?

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57684

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 342
Hey, do you think that Islam and Catholicism are the same thing?
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57718

• miss amazing
  • Hurry up Summer!
  • Thank you received: 194
No WAY! Catholics believe in Jesus and Muslims don't. One of the worst sins a Muslim can commit is worshipping an image which carholics do all the time. We were missionaries to Muslims a while back. They thought that all Christians were evil and like Hollywood type people.
Hannah...always a kiwi at heart.

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57734

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
Lol no
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57745

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
Doctrinally, both are extremely different.

Catholicism is a Christian denomination that places emphasis on feast days and traditions. Is notable for its canonization of Biblical characters and more pious members, as well as the high pedestal it places Mary on. Catholics, like most other Christians, believe in a Triune God. However, Catholics believe in salvation by works, and have no dietary restrictions. Like all Christians, Catholics believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Saviour, and part of the Godhead. The Roman Catholic Church, which claims 1.2 billion adherents, is the largest Christian denomination.

Islam is an Abrahamic faith that is known for its monotheism. Many Muslims don't consider Christians as true monotheists because of the doctrine of the Trinity, which they reject. Notable tenets of Islam are the requirements to pray five times a day and for all financially and physically able to visit Mecca once in their life. Islam restricts the consumption of animals to those that survive on leaves alone, and requires them to be slaughtered a certain way. In addition, Muslims hold that while Jesus was the Messiah, born of a virgin by the will of God, and the greatest to ever speak on God's behalf, he was neither divine nor the Son of God.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: the_adorbs

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57776

• caligirl
  • Thank you received: 6
HOW in the world should i know

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57833

• Ruthie
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Thank you received: 35
Which was first? Catholicism or Islam. Catholicism was first. And Islam's prophet's wife was a Catholic. So I believe that Catholicism came first and Islam came out of it.
If you notice that where the Christains were long time ago Islam is now.
A Catholic Church and a Islamic mosque.

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57843

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 410
No.

I understand that Islam comes from Ishmael, son of Abraham, while Catholicism comes from Christianity which comes from Judaism which comes from Isaac son of Abraham. So they both come from the same guy, Abraham, but no they aren't the same.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57866

• bboy13
  • Thank you received: 2
WOW! Great question . I believe that they are essentially the same. They have very similar characteristics . Interestingly enough, it used to be in Catholicism many years back, you could not own a Bible and if you had one it could cost you your life. This is the same as Islam today, if you have a Bible you could be killed. Catholic Bibles were written in Latin at that time, which only were to read by priests, much the same as in Islam. The Quran is written in Arabic, it is not to be read by the average person. When a Muslim dies in Jihad he is promised direct access to paradise, very similar to when the Crusades were taking place, Pope Leo ?IV? promised that those who died in battle would go directly to heaven. If you look at old school nuns they dress the same as Muslim women. Islam's symbols are crescent moon and stars, Catholics is the sun. Both believe and encourage pilgrimages. In Islam you go to Hajj, as a Catholic you go to Lourdes or the caves. If you are not a Catholic you are a heretic, as is the same with Islam. If you are not a Muslim, you are a infidel. Both religions you are born into and if you leave Islam you are consider a apostate and will get a death sentence. This used to be the way in Catholicism. If you left the church you could be killed. Both are a religious and political system. Both system glorify the dead by praying to them. Islam prays to dead Imam's and Mohammad. In Catholicism, you also pray saints and to Mary. Both use prayer beads. Both are saved by works. In Catholicism you say your "Hail Mary's" and use your prayer beads. In Islam you are saved by good works. One of the strongest, most compelling things is that Islam has accepted Mary as holy, they pray to her just as Catholics do, they treat her as a mediator between them and God. That is strictly a Catholic doctrine. Why would Islam accept Mary as saint? And if we look around us today, I am not talking about ISIS or extremist groups, we see that Islam is doing the work of the counter reformation by persecuting and killing Bible keeping Christians. That is what the Catholic church has done for 1200 years. In Islamic countries mosques and Catholic churches are side by side without any issues. They are the same systems, both are a deception and God is calling them to come out of Babylon. We must pray for these people. Jesus is doing amazing things in Islamic countries. Just check out YouTube to see how Jesus is appearing in dreams to Muslims. Pray. Pray.

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57883

• Cool Cat
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Thank you received: 224
No way!
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 6 months ago #57917

• bboy13
  • Thank you received: 2
Cool Cat wrote:
No way!

YES WAY!

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 5 months ago #58289

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 342
@bboy13 I agree with you wholeheartedly. It's like we have the same mind.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 5 months ago #58495

Couple things, Islam actually condemns persecution. they respect others religions, so i don't think they would kill you if you left. They're very faithful in prayer, and i believe if we Adventists were that faithful in prayer we'd be a much better church.
You just wasted your time reading this meaningless signature...

Why are you still reading?

I already told you, there's nothing interesting here.

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 4 months ago #59183

• QuazaWizard941
  • I love music!
  • Thank you received: 62
Ruthie wrote:
Which was first? Catholicism or Islam. Catholicism was first. And Islam's prophet's wife was a Catholic. So I believe that Catholicism came first and Islam came out of it.
If you notice that where the Christains were long time ago Islam is now.
A Catholic Church and a Islamic mosque.
Where did you get the thing about Mohammed's wife being Catholic?

Is Islam the same thing as Catholicism? 1 year 4 months ago #59184

• QuazaWizard941
  • I love music!
  • Thank you received: 62
They may have some similarities, but I think they are way different!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sunnyside1
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds