Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Missionary work and nursing!

Missionary work and nursing! 1 year 9 months ago #55457

Hi People!! So...I used to want to do horse therapy...(helping teens through horses) cause I love helping people and I love horses...I thought that was exactly what I wanted to do. But now I'm not so sure.
I've been reading a book called Kisses From Katie. It's about a girl who went to Uganda and started Amazima Ministries...(lots of other stuff in the book, but I'm not gonna explain it all right now).
And I really wanna go on a mission trip (I have no clue where yet) eventually. It's funny cause I never really had an interest in getting medical experience, but I feel like it might be kinda cool to become a nurse and do mission work. Although my parents can't imagine me being in another country! Lol...they tell me that I need to go where God is leading though....:)
Soooo.....I guess I'm just telling you guys cause I was wondering if anyone out there is interested in the same kinda thing and what your thoughts are... :) So, type away! Haha
~Kayla
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Missionary work and nursing! 1 year 9 months ago #55518

• Mp137
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
I love Kisses from Katie!!! That's an awesome book!

I feel like maybe I should be a hospital chaplain to help give people hope or maybe a "missionary in the city." Because it's always struck home with me that we don't need to leave our country to be missionaries, and it hurts my heart when I see so many homeless people on the streets of LA and other cities.

I guess you just have to pray really hard and ask God for guidance.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Missionary work and nursing! 1 year 9 months ago #55627

Mp137 wrote:
I love Kisses from Katie!!! That's an awesome book!

I feel like maybe I should be a hospital chaplain to help give people hope or maybe a "missionary in the city." Because it's always struck home with me that we don't need to leave our country to be missionaries, and it hurts my heart when I see so many homeless people on the streets of LA and other cities.

I guess you just have to pray really hard and ask God for guidance.
That's cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Missionary work and nursing! 1 year 9 months ago #55801

• SnowAngel
  • Hello...it's me...
  • Thank you received: 12
I love that book!!
I've never really had any interest in anything medical, but I've always wanted to do something similar to what Katie did/is doing.
It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not.

Missionary work and nursing! 1 year 9 months ago #55846

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 415
I've always wanted to be a foreign missionary but not necessarily in the medical field. My dad is a nurse and he has told me plenty of scary stories... Kinda creeped me out. Maybe I will though. :whistle:
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds