Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A chance to share the Sabbath.

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 10 months ago #54287

Hi Everyone!
Well, first of all, I'm in speech class at my homeschool group. In a month or so, we have to give a persuasive speech. We're not supposed to push our beliefs on others or anything cause there are people of different denominations there. Anyway, I want to do mine on the Sabbath...the thing is, I have no clue if I'm allowed. If I ask my teacher, he might say I can't and I wouldn't have a chance to share the Sabbath, but if I don't ask, then he might stop me in the middle and say I can't finish. :blush:
All of the kids in my class go to church on Sunday, except for me and my sister. I want them to be able to look in the Bible and really know why they believe what they believe. What do you guys think? Would that be considered "pushing my beliefs"? I mean, it IS a persuasive speech. The point is to pick something that others don't agree on and persuade them to agree with me. Any ideas? Thanks! Btw...I'm 15.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 10 months ago #54517

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
That sounds like a good topic to speak on. Even if your teacher cuts you off, a seed would have already been planted in the student's hearts. Also, of he does stop you and accuse you of pushing your beliefs on others, i think you would have a right to say that you aren't pushing your beliefs, you're givibga persuasive speech just like anyone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian Country Girl

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55051

• Big al
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
Hey!!
Sounds Like a great time to share. as long as You do it with Love. Even Jesus while he was walking on earth taught in a loving manner.

My suggestion would be showing Your research and Beliefs on the Sabbath remembering to mention that God Loves You always and However You worship Him. Not Shoving it down peoples throats telling them that they won't go to heaven if they don't change.

If You approach it will Love and compassion God will bless!!
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It
The following user(s) said Thank You: jon01, Christian Country Girl

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55153

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
Spirit of Prophecy says that you should " Do what is right because it is right and leave the consequences to God."
In your case, the "consequences " would be that your teacher may stop you. And from looking at this quote, she says that we ought to leave that up to God. All you need to do is the right thing.
And from most of the posts you have heard- the right thing to do would be to speak on the Sabbath.
Also, if you are still struggling to decide wether or not to do it- pray about it.
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Christian Country Girl

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55224

• jon01
  • Thank you received: 42
i agree with what was said, but if your teacher stops you, dont argue with him/her just stop
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian Country Girl

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55451

Thanks for posting guys! I haven't decided yet. I will be doing it in like 5 weeks (or more..idk). But thanks for the suggestions. :) :) I'll be thinking and praying about it!

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55575

• mknz12
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
I think you should go for it! :D with prayer, of course. God will definitely take care of the situation! But that's really awesome tbh. Also, you're homeschooled? So am I! :woohoo:
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55626

mknz12 wrote:
I think you should go for it! :D with prayer, of course. God will definitely take care of the situation! But that's really awesome tbh. Also, you're homeschooled? So am I! :woohoo:
Cool!! I love being homeschooled!! Yeah...I think I'm gonna ask my teacher first cause I'm not sure if we're allowed to do it on religious beliefs, but I hope so!! Also, it's only 5 min so I'd have to pack a lot of info in there...

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55729

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
I think you should go for it, but try a different spin on it. Instead of showing why we keep the Sabbath, base your speech around the question of why so many Christians insist on keeping Sunday. If you're feeling extra bold you might want to get into the question of why Protestants keep Sunday, which is a Catholic tradition.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

A chance to share the Sabbath. 1 year 9 months ago #55786

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
InspiredThinker wrote:
I think you should go for it, but try a different spin on it. Instead of showing why we keep the Sabbath, base your speech around the question of why so many Christians insist on keeping Sunday. If you're feeling extra bold you might want to get into the question of why Protestants keep Sunday, which is a Catholic tradition.

Ooh, that sounds interesting.
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds