Should we wear jewlerery? 10 months 8 hours ago #66505

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
mittens92999 wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:3
Do not focus on the outward appearance, God prefers when we focus on the inside. Most of the time, people misinterpret corrections for judgments. It is not about 'judging' all the time. We should strive for an image in Christ and he wouldn't focus on wearing make-up, jewelry and the latest hairstyles and apparel. We should try to make the best out of what everyone says to us regardless of if it's judgmental or not. When we complain and tend to dislike those that actually judge us, how does that make us any better than them? In addition, many times we do not want to take these corrections especially if we want to continue living the same way (focusing on the outward appearance). Remember Christ wants us to strive for perfection in him.

Ok, listen up girls!!!! This is super important. You MUST STOP BRAIDING YOUR HAIR!!!! It is external adornment, which is bad.

Are you being sarcastic?!?! I can't tell... I think it is fine to braid your hair as long as you are not focusing on it too much.

Yes, I was being sarcastic
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds