Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Should we wear jewlerery?

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 10 months ago #54156

  • fas02
  • fas02's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 7
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm kinda liberal soo just putting that out there
I'm wondering if we as seventh day Adventists should wear wedding and or engagement rings?
I mean like is it all right to buy rings not that I'm going to, however I'm not sure if it's ok to buy them
HELP!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 10 months ago #54241

  • InspiredThinker
  • InspiredThinker's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Posts: 1428
  • Thank you received: 1213
The easy answer is that it depends on your opinions and convictions. Personally, I have no problem with them.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al, Lloyd101

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 10 months ago #54282

A lot of people have different views on this. I, personally, think it's fine. I mean, I don't wear HUGE amounts of it or anything. A lot of people say that the Bible says not to adorn yourselves with outward appearance. Which it does, but people use it as a verse that says don't wear jewlrey. If you can't wear jewelry then why can we wear hair clips, cute clothes, or make-up? I think it's fine as long as that's not where you're finding your beauty and if you wear it modestly(like not huge amounts) and don't spend a fortune on it...some people spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy wedding rings. I guess it's just something that people have to decide for themselves. I view wedding/engagement rings as an outward symbol of commitment. Plus, that way people know that you're married/engaged. Anyway, that's what I think...but I think the best way is to look in the Bible for yourself and see what you think. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big al, Going4God, miss amazing

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 10 months ago #54404

  • Going4God
  • Going4God's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 225
  • Thank you received: 242
Christian Country Girl wrote:
A lot of people have different views on this. I, personally, think it's fine. I mean, I don't wear HUGE amounts of it or anything. A lot of people say that the Bible says not to adorn yourselves with outward appearance. Which it does, but people use it as a verse that says don't wear jewlrey. If you can't wear jewelry then why can we wear hair clips, cute clothes, or make-up? I think it's fine as long as that's not where you're finding your beauty and if you wear it modestly(like not huge amounts) and don't spend a fortune on it...some people spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy wedding rings. I guess it's just something that people have to decide for themselves. I view wedding/engagement rings as an outward symbol of commitment. Plus, that way people know that you're married/engaged. Anyway, that's what I think...but I think the best way is to look in the Bible for yourself and see what you think. :)

^^rt
I'm sick of hearing people at church whisper about other people who are wearing earrings or other jewelry. It seems like all we ever do at church is sit around and judge everyone else. shouldn't we be at church to apologize for our own sins, not point out other people's??
you are beautiful.
you are worth it.
you are amazing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 10 months ago #54446

  • Blue Tornado
  • Blue Tornado's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Happy birthday, TravelPastel!!!
  • Posts: 997
  • Thank you received: 803
Leviticus 19:28.

It says don't cut yourself for the dead, but I'm positive God meant don't cut yourself, period.


"And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20

Animal Jam: Batsey9
Club Penguin: Bat Wen
Roblox: BlueTorn
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, Pyrrhic, Ruthie

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 10 months ago #54474

  • Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Posts: 274
  • Thank you received: 147
I think wearing jewelry is a symbol for slavery. They used it to identify slaves... I don't want to be a slave to sin or anything of the type! So personally no jewelry including rings. Jewelry is jewelry! :whistle: :pinch:
Pyrrhic - means won a victory!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fancy_jenns, Ruthie

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54611

Going4God wrote:
Christian Country Girl wrote:
A lot of people have different views on this. I, personally, think it's fine. I mean, I don't wear HUGE amounts of it or anything. A lot of people say that the Bible says not to adorn yourselves with outward appearance. Which it does, but people use it as a verse that says don't wear jewlrey. If you can't wear jewelry then why can we wear hair clips, cute clothes, or make-up? I think it's fine as long as that's not where you're finding your beauty and if you wear it modestly(like not huge amounts) and don't spend a fortune on it...some people spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy wedding rings. I guess it's just something that people have to decide for themselves. I view wedding/engagement rings as an outward symbol of commitment. Plus, that way people know that you're married/engaged. Anyway, that's what I think...but I think the best way is to look in the Bible for yourself and see what you think. :)

^^rt
I'm sick of hearing people at church whisper about other people who are wearing earrings or other jewelry. It seems like all we ever do at church is sit around and judge everyone else. shouldn't we be at church to apologize for our own sins, not point out other people's??
Sorry! I just got confused...did I offend you or did you agree? (Just curious why you quoted mine...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54635

  • Lexi
  • Lexi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • strength, perseverance and faith is the key
  • Posts: 84
  • Thank you received: 44
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:3
Do not focus on the outward appearance, God prefers when we focus on the inside. Most of the time, people misinterpret corrections for judgments. It is not about 'judging' all the time. We should strive for an image in Christ and he wouldn't focus on wearing make-up, jewelry and the latest hairstyles and apparel. We should try to make the best out of what everyone says to us regardless of if it's judgmental or not. When we complain and tend to dislike those that actually judge us, how does that make us any better than them? In addition, many times we do not want to take these corrections especially if we want to continue living the same way (focusing on the outward appearance). Remember Christ wants us to strive for perfection in him.
It is better to be noticed 4 wat u r than wat u r not!!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruthie

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54643

  • Lexi
  • Lexi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • strength, perseverance and faith is the key
  • Posts: 84
  • Thank you received: 44
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:3
Do not focus on the outward appearance, God prefers when we focus on the inside. Most of the time, people misinterpret corrections for judgments. It is not about 'judging' all the time. We should strive for an image in Christ and he wouldn't focus on wearing make-up, jewelry and the latest hairstyles and apparel. We should try to make the best out of what everyone says to us regardless of if it's judgmental or not. When we complain and tend to dislike those that actually judge us, how does that make us any better than them? In addition, many times we do not want to take these corrections especially if we want to continue living the same way (focusing on the outward appearance). Remember Christ wants us to strive for perfection in him.
It is better to be noticed 4 wat u r than wat u r not!!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruthie

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54676

  • Going4God
  • Going4God's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Posts: 225
  • Thank you received: 242
Christian Country Girl wrote:
Going4God wrote:
Christian Country Girl wrote:
A lot of people have different views on this. I, personally, think it's fine. I mean, I don't wear HUGE amounts of it or anything. A lot of people say that the Bible says not to adorn yourselves with outward appearance. Which it does, but people use it as a verse that says don't wear jewlrey. If you can't wear jewelry then why can we wear hair clips, cute clothes, or make-up? I think it's fine as long as that's not where you're finding your beauty and if you wear it modestly(like not huge amounts) and don't spend a fortune on it...some people spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy wedding rings. I guess it's just something that people have to decide for themselves. I view wedding/engagement rings as an outward symbol of commitment. Plus, that way people know that you're married/engaged. Anyway, that's what I think...but I think the best way is to look in the Bible for yourself and see what you think. :)

^^rt
I'm sick of hearing people at church whisper about other people who are wearing earrings or other jewelry. It seems like all we ever do at church is sit around and judge everyone else. shouldn't we be at church to apologize for our own sins, not point out other people's??
Sorry! I just got confused...did I offend you or did you agree? (Just curious why you quoted mine...

rt means retweet because I really agreed with what you said haha (;
you are beautiful.
you are worth it.
you are amazing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54730

Going4God wrote:
Christian Country Girl wrote:
Going4God wrote:
Christian Country Girl wrote:
A lot of people have different views on this. I, personally, think it's fine. I mean, I don't wear HUGE amounts of it or anything. A lot of people say that the Bible says not to adorn yourselves with outward appearance. Which it does, but people use it as a verse that says don't wear jewlrey. If you can't wear jewelry then why can we wear hair clips, cute clothes, or make-up? I think it's fine as long as that's not where you're finding your beauty and if you wear it modestly(like not huge amounts) and don't spend a fortune on it...some people spend ridiculous amounts of money to buy wedding rings. I guess it's just something that people have to decide for themselves. I view wedding/engagement rings as an outward symbol of commitment. Plus, that way people know that you're married/engaged. Anyway, that's what I think...but I think the best way is to look in the Bible for yourself and see what you think. :)

^^rt
I'm sick of hearing people at church whisper about other people who are wearing earrings or other jewelry. It seems like all we ever do at church is sit around and judge everyone else. shouldn't we be at church to apologize for our own sins, not point out other people's??
Sorry! I just got confused...did I offend you or did you agree? (Just curious why you quoted mine...

rt means retweet because I really agreed with what you said haha (;
Lol...I didn't know that! I guess I have a lot to learn..Haha :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54768

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2188
  • Thank you received: 1944
Lexi wrote:
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:3
Do not focus on the outward appearance, God prefers when we focus on the inside. Most of the time, people misinterpret corrections for judgments. It is not about 'judging' all the time. We should strive for an image in Christ and he wouldn't focus on wearing make-up, jewelry and the latest hairstyles and apparel. We should try to make the best out of what everyone says to us regardless of if it's judgmental or not. When we complain and tend to dislike those that actually judge us, how does that make us any better than them? In addition, many times we do not want to take these corrections especially if we want to continue living the same way (focusing on the outward appearance). Remember Christ wants us to strive for perfection in him.

Ok, listen up girls!!!! This is super important. You MUST STOP BRAIDING YOUR HAIR!!!! It is external adornment, which is bad.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54800

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2188
  • Thank you received: 1944
Pyrrhic wrote:
I think wearing jewelry is a symbol for slavery. They used it to identify slaves... I don't want to be a slave to sin or anything of the type! So personally no jewelry including rings. Jewelry is jewelry! :whistle: :pinch:

Genesis 41:42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
Pharaoh was not a slave. Joseph at that time was not a slave.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54805

  • im a beekeeper
  • im a beekeeper's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Posts: 391
  • Thank you received: 187
I do not think you should. Read Isaiah 3:17-23 to see why, Please read it!
Happy birthday TP!!


guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper

firstencounterministry.org/blog/2017/10/...ng-true-day-worship/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54816

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2188
  • Thank you received: 1944
Ezekiel 16:11-13 I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck. And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head. Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.
God is describing good things that He gave to His children. Would He give it to them if it was bad?
There are many more verses that describe jewelry as a good thing.
I believe in 1 Peter 3:3 and 1 Timothy 2:9 the writers were not telling to not wear jewelry. I think they were telling us not to judge beauty by what people are wearing and not to use jewelry, nice clothes, and braided hair as the only ways to be beautiful.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 9 months ago #54841

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2188
  • Thank you received: 1944
im a beekeeper wrote:
I do not think you should. Read Isaiah 3:17-23 to see why, Please read it!

God was taking all that away as part of a curse! Not because it was bad.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Mp137. Reason: Typo that changed the meaning of my post
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57554

  • Ruthie
  • Ruthie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Posts: 181
  • Thank you received: 35
Lexi wrote:
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:3
Do not focus on the outward appearance, God prefers when we focus on the inside. Most of the time, people misinterpret corrections for judgments. It is not about 'judging' all the time. We should strive for an image in Christ and he wouldn't focus on wearing make-up, jewelry and the latest hairstyles and apparel. We should try to make the best out of what everyone says to us regardless of if it's judgmental or not. When we complain and tend to dislike those that actually judge us, how does that make us any better than them? In addition, many times we do not want to take these corrections especially if we want to continue living the same way (focusing on the outward appearance). Remember Christ wants us to strive for perfection in him.[/quote. Your right I was about to give up that no one was quoting the Bible. 1 Peter 3:3 also says "the braiding of the hair ". I believe that it doesn't mean that you can't braid your hair. Back in those days women braided they hair, and they braided in gold and other ornaments.


A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57555

  • Ruthie
  • Ruthie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Posts: 181
  • Thank you received: 35
The moral principle is What does your Father want then your husband.


A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57557

  • Ruthie
  • Ruthie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Posts: 181
  • Thank you received: 35
im a beekeeper wrote:
I do not think you should. Read Isaiah 3:17-23 to see why, Please read it!
Your right!!!!!


A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57567

  • Mp137
  • Mp137's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Posts: 2188
  • Thank you received: 1944
Goatlover wrote:
Mp137 wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:3
Do not focus on the outward appearance, God prefers when we focus on the inside. Most of the time, people misinterpret corrections for judgments. It is not about 'judging' all the time. We should strive for an image in Christ and he wouldn't focus on wearing make-up, jewelry and the latest hairstyles and apparel. We should try to make the best out of what everyone says to us regardless of if it's judgmental or not. When we complain and tend to dislike those that actually judge us, how does that make us any better than them? In addition, many times we do not want to take these corrections especially if we want to continue living the same way (focusing on the outward appearance). Remember Christ wants us to strive for perfection in him.

Ok, listen up girls!!!! This is super important. You MUST STOP BRAIDING YOUR HAIR!!!! It is external adornment, which is bad.

Why? Why is it wrong to braid your hair?

I was being sarcastic.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Going4God

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57658

No in the bible Paul counsels against jewelry and also Ellen White
we should definentley not wear Jelerwy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57666

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 639
  • Thank you received: 342
Mp137 wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Peter 3:3
Do not focus on the outward appearance, God prefers when we focus on the inside. Most of the time, people misinterpret corrections for judgments. It is not about 'judging' all the time. We should strive for an image in Christ and he wouldn't focus on wearing make-up, jewelry and the latest hairstyles and apparel. We should try to make the best out of what everyone says to us regardless of if it's judgmental or not. When we complain and tend to dislike those that actually judge us, how does that make us any better than them? In addition, many times we do not want to take these corrections especially if we want to continue living the same way (focusing on the outward appearance). Remember Christ wants us to strive for perfection in him.

Ok, listen up girls!!!! This is super important. You MUST STOP BRAIDING YOUR HAIR!!!! It is external adornment, which is bad.

Are you being sarcastic?!?! I can't tell... I think it is fine to braid your hair as long as you are not focusing on it too much.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57667

  • mittens92999
  • mittens92999's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Posts: 639
  • Thank you received: 342
Oh forget my last post... didn't read your last comment.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


-15 years old

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 1 year 6 months ago #57679

  • Ruthie
  • Ruthie's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Books are awesome! So are cats!
  • Posts: 181
  • Thank you received: 35
Ok guys I've done some research on this topic. Here's what I fond. On the topic Should we wear jewelry? I took the pictures from the book Discipleship Handbook A Resource for Seventh-day Adventist Church Members.


A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirt will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and will give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should we wear jewlerery? 10 months 4 days ago #66301

  • Lexi
  • Lexi's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • strength, perseverance and faith is the key
  • Posts: 84
  • Thank you received: 44
was the sarcasm really necessary though?
It is better to be noticed 4 wat u r than wat u r not!!!!!!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds