Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me?

How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me? 2 years 2 months ago #49901

Ok guys, so I have a very big set of questions that would appreciate very muchly some answers:

I have absolutely no idea how to accurately listen to God. I have a generic picture of what he tells me in doing things for my life, but I have no actual INSTRUCTIONS or general direction that he wants me to go. Moving along to my second question:

What is his plan for my life?

I definitely have an idea of what I want to do with my life, which is start making videos. I love videos. I want to start up a YouTube gaming channel and a Video Producing channel, and I would conquer the world (just kidding, that is waaay to farfetched. XD).

But, seriously talking, I have still absolutely no eyed deer (no idea) of what GOD wants ME to do. I REALLY want him to tell me that I am going to do the YouTube thing for him, but I don't want to go against God's will, and I certainly do not want to do something I hate for the rest of my life.

Guys, I'm stuck. Any ideas on how to get out of The Pit?

Thanks!

-PilotGamer1933 ;)
Soy un Vago Argentino! ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me? 2 years 2 months ago #49924

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
I've had that exact same question for a long time. Like you, I am stuck.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me? 2 years 2 months ago #49961

• sekayi_101
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Thank you received: 96
well the only thing I can tell you to do is to pray to God about it. tell him you want him to know what he has planned for you. he can tell you, just pray sincerely and ask him to show you what he wants you to do with your life.
the only way I can think of that you can hear God Is if you listen. you must always be alert because he can speak to you in different ways: through other people, through nature even in bed at night. Just listen out for his voice.
:) B) :cheer: I hope I have helped in some way.

Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross
The following user(s) said Thank You: PilotGamer1933

How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me? 2 years 2 months ago #49964

Also, if this is really the direction I should be going, what are the signs?
Soy un Vago Argentino! ;)

How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me? 2 years 2 months ago #50024

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
Hey Pilot, Patience is probably the key. Some people knew God's plan for them very quickly and early in there life, while others had to wait to know what was wanted of them.

You could probably say that its like soldiers in the army who have NO IDEA where they are going, but sooner or later, they will find out their purpose in the grand plan of a general or commander.

Be patient, and keep your eyes and ears open.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: PilotGamer1933

How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me? 2 years 2 months ago #50089

• M.Kat
  • Remember Philippians 4:13
  • Thank you received: 16
I'm not exactly sure about whether or not we go in the right direction, but i guess that's where we just have to trust that God will correct us if we make a mistake, and that He will lead us in the right direction. Also, I think that if people tell you how beautiful you are (not talking just about the outward appearance), then His Love is shining through you, which is always a sign that you are doing what's right,(or going in the right direction.)
Also, I think that God gives us a set of directions, instructions, or even guidelines in the Bible. (Galatians 5 is a great example of His leadership.) He tells us what to do, and we just have to listen, and pray so we follow His awesome instructions!
Hope this helps :) :)

Poptropica: M.Kat
The following user(s) said Thank You: PilotGamer1933, Mp137

How can I hear God? And how do I know His plan for me? 2 years 2 months ago #50268

• sekayi_101
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Thank you received: 96
some signs are that maybe God will allow you to do what you need to do in order to have that specific profession. maybe if God doesn't provide you with the money you may need to go study in school for a specific profession, that is a sign that that is not the field you should be in... :) if you keep trying and you can't get into a surtain profession that may also be a sign that that is not the job God wants you to do...
maybe if God wants you to make videos he will provide you with the equipment you need to make videos. :)
i hope i have helped. ;)

Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds