Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not feeling the connection.

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #54470

• im a beekeeper
  • Fellow fruit loop :P
  • Thank you received: 193
You should search your life and see if there is any thing you are putting before God.

guidecyberclub.org/beekeeper

Become a online missionary? firstencounterministry.org/join-our-team/
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #55117

• RJ
  • Thank you received: 21
I see it's been quite a while since you last posted on this particular thread, but I'm going to reply and hope you check back soon.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I went through the same thing. I highly suggest reading Steps to Christ (Ellen G White), and also this (which I wrote a couple years ago, it is simply a Bible study): starsandsheep.blogspot.com/2014/10/bible...ot-leave-us-new.html

So basically you are wondering why there was so much wrong in the Old Testament. Things that blurred the character of God and created doubt in man. (Which, by the way, is why we need to look to Jesus as our example of how to live. God sent Jesus to also give a wonderful and true representation of His character -- a character that the devil has distorted in so many hearts.)

One answer is that our world is fallen and cursed. Even today, there are atrocities everywhere. It wasn't much different during the time of the Old Testament, except they did not have Jesus to look to as an example. Animal sacrifices provided a temporal covering of sins. It also indicated the sacrifice that Jesus would make for us. That is why sacrifices are no longer needed today. Jesus was sacrificed for us. Jesus didn't just die for our sins, but God PROVIDED Jesus to die for our sins.

Another answer is that when you read the bible, it's better to look at it like a history book. Just because there are so many things in the Old Testament that are bad, does NOT mean that God approves of these things. It's a record of what happened! It's a record of God's plans, and everything we need to know of salvation.

Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you.
- Jeremiah 5:25

Thy way and thy doings have procured these things unto thee; this is thy wickedness, because it is bitter, because it reacheth unto thy heart.
- Jeremiah 4:18

Again, I highly recommend reading Ellen G White's Steps to Christ, and other writings of hers. As well as much studying of the Bible, and prayer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Mp137

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #55238

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1971
RJ wrote:
I see it's been quite a while since you last posted on this particular thread, but I'm going to reply and hope you check back soon.

I completely understand where you are coming from. I went through the same thing. I highly suggest reading Steps to Christ (Ellen G White), and also this (which I wrote a couple years ago, it is simply a Bible study): starsandsheep.blogspot.com/2014/10/bible...ot-leave-us-new.html

So basically you are wondering why there was so much wrong in the Old Testament. Things that blurred the character of God and created doubt in man. (Which, by the way, is why we need to look to Jesus as our example of how to live. God sent Jesus to also give a wonderful and true representation of His character -- a character that the devil has distorted in so many hearts.)

One answer is that our world is fallen and cursed. Even today, there are atrocities everywhere. It wasn't much different during the time of the Old Testament, except they did not have Jesus to look to as an example. Animal sacrifices provided a temporal covering of sins. It also indicated the sacrifice that Jesus would make for us. That is why sacrifices are no longer needed today. Jesus was sacrificed for us. Jesus didn't just die for our sins, but God PROVIDED Jesus to die for our sins.

Another answer is that when you read the bible, it's better to look at it like a history book. Just because there are so many things in the Old Testament that are bad, does NOT mean that God approves of these things. It's a record of what happened! It's a record of God's plans, and everything we need to know of salvation.

Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you.
- Jeremiah 5:25

Thy way and thy doings have procured these things unto thee; this is thy wickedness, because it is bitter, because it reacheth unto thy heart.
- Jeremiah 4:18

Again, I highly recommend reading Ellen G White's Steps to Christ, and other writings of hers. As well as much studying of the Bible, and prayer.

Can you look at my posts under Bible Questions? Maybe you can help me there too. :unsure:
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Not feeling the connection. 3 months 2 weeks ago #84049

• QuazaWizard941
  • I love music!
  • Thank you received: 62
This describes me so perfectly right now. It's like I'm stuck in limbo. The facts aren't connecting with my heart right now. I get so busy that I neglect God and my life is going well so I don't depend on Him for everything

Not feeling the connection. 3 months 2 weeks ago #84063

• bush possum
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Aussie Fruit Loop!
  • Thank you received: 1139
QuazaWizard941 wrote:
This describes me so perfectly right now. It's like I'm stuck in limbo. The facts aren't connecting with my heart right now. I get so busy that I neglect God and my life is going well so I don't depend on Him for everything
Ayeee, welcome back, QuazaWizard!!

About your post, make yourself make time with Him in the morning. At first it won't be enjoyable, but ask God to help you enjoy it, and do it cos it's the right thing. Pretty soon you won't do anything else without spending time with God first. I speak from experience :) and I'll be praying for you!!
Oh yeah, and I really recommend reading Steps to Christ through!! It's a life-changing book if you read it with the Holy Spirit! Try and find something on each page that is helpful :)
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds