Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not feeling the connection.

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 2 months ago #49506

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1941
I trust God. I love God. I know and accept that Jesus died for my sins. I pray. I go to church. I volunteer. I love helping people. I read my Bible. I feel absolutely no connection with God. None. I'm at a standstill. I don't know where to go from here. I was really happy for a while, with God. Now, I don't think anything in my life has changed since then, but I just don't feel God. He's distant. (I know, I'm the one that moved not Him...) But I don't know how I moved or how to get back! Help! :(
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, Skite, lovenikki7, Christian Country Girl

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 1 month ago #49662

• SRNitro
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 423
You need to stop thinking of him as something you need to do but something you want to do. God is a friend. His son died for you. It's like Jesus jumping into a bullet for you! He got in the way! You need to think of Him that way. He just got in the way of a bullet for you, you can love Him forever...
Satire... Some people get it, some people don't. If you don't like it, then tell me because I'm open-minded! If I disagree with you that is probably because I approached your idea logically and thought it was wrong by my standards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4given4itall, Skite, Lloyd101, Mp137, Christian Country Girl

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 1 month ago #49696

• mknz12
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 263
THESE thoughts helped me feel a deeper connection to God:

First, I recently learned that Jesus died the second death. (I never knew it before a certain sermon :ohmy: )Which basically means he risked never existing again so we could be with the Father. So think about it like this: The King of the Universe, Ruler and Creator of everything there ever was and is, loved a random girl he made who lived in the only sin-infested corner of the Universe so much that He gave His only child, the Prince of Everything (who loved the girl too) as a sacrifice. It was a huge risk. The Father might never see His Son again, and the Son might never see His Father again. But they both loved the girl so much it was worth it. Now, the girl is a Princess in the Universe because the King adopted her, now she is His daughter and an heiress, a Daughter of the Light.

ITS A LOVE STORY :D I don't know why, but when these thoughts popped into my head, I was blown away. I think when I started taking salvation personally, like filling in John 3:16 with my name instead of "the world": For God so loved _______ that He gave His one and only Son, so if ________ believes in Him he/she will not perish, but have eternal life

I know this may sound cliché because everybody always recommends a book for everything (XD) but I LOVED this book called How To Stay Christian In High School by Steve Gerali. Forget the title, it's an epic book. Like one of my favorites. I read it for school last year, and I keep rereading it over and over!! It's just good :)

IM PRAYING FOR YOU!! <3
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The following user(s) said Thank You: deee133, Mp137, lovenikki7

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 1 month ago #49739

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2913
There's something I think you should remember. Jesus didn't die for your sins, they (your sins) are what caused Jeusu to have to die. Also, Jesus didn't just for you, he died for you. Another way to say it is that Jesus died in your place. He died instead of you. Try this. Read Matthew 27:24-54 every single day, and get well acquainted with the guy...wait sorry...the God that took a whipping and three nails for you. Once you fully comprehend exactly what Christ suffered in your place, I think your love for Him will start to grow.

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 2 weeks ago #51384

• mknz12
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 263
Oh wow just found this beautiful verse:

Ephesians 1:4-6, New International Reader's Version (I love this version because I understand things so much better): "God chose us to belong to Christ before the world was created. He chose us to be holy and without blame in His eyes. He loved us. So he decided long ago to adopt us as his children. He did it because of what Jesus Christ has done. It pleased God to do it. All those things bring praise to his glorious grace. God freely gave us his grace because of the One he loves."

Now, reread the verse replacing "us" with your name and "her"!!
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 2 weeks ago #51401

• 4given4itall
  • me and my horse
  • Thank you received: 75
MP137, firstly, the fact that God is there with you is exactly that: a fact. It doesn't change on how you feel at the moment. It is a given statement that you believe. Just because you can't 'feel' Him, you have to trust that He is still there.

Secondly, try going into nature on your own if you can. I feel closest to God in nature.

Hope that helps,
MegZ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 1 week ago #51423

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 781
Hey Mp137, I get how you feel. Sometimes that's just how life is- don't ask me why. I felt that way for almost a year- and sometimes it was really tough. But I learnt from it. Do I know why? Not really, but I guess I already knew God existed, I'd been a Christian all my life and thinking back to some of the really awesome parts of my relationship with God inspired me to keep trusting. So my advice is just keep going, try everyone's suggestions, and understand that even if you feel like God's so far away, He's not as far as you think!

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 1 week ago #51430

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
tim33 wrote:
Hey Mp137, I get how you feel. Sometimes that's just how life is- don't ask me why. I felt that way for almost a year- and sometimes it was really tough. But I learnt from it. Do I know why? Not really, but I guess I already knew God existed, I'd been a Christian all my life and thinking back to some of the really awesome parts of my relationship with God inspired me to keep trusting. So my advice is just keep going, try everyone's suggestions, and understand that even if you feel like God's so far away, He's not as far as you think!

I have to disagree with one statement. God is never far away. We are.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Not feeling the connection. 2 years 1 week ago #51435

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 781
Yeah, Mp137, you're right, but I guess what I'm suggesting is that God is right there, and maybe so are you. Just because you don't feel that you're close to God doesn't mean you aren't. Feelings aren't always accurate portrayals or your relationship with God.

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #52986

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Ok. I had gotten better in my relationship with God, until I had to read the Old Testament for school. Then I'm thinking: Wait... This is the God who is love and kindness? This is the God I'm serving?!

What I'm trying to say is, I'm friends with the God of the New Testament, but the God of the Old Testament seems very different. (I know they are the same, but I just feel as if there are 2, not one.) Here are some examples that confused me:

- If an Isrealite disobeyed God, they were put to death. Right away. Actually, stoned. Think about that for a second. I've been hit with a small rock before. It hurts. Imagine having rocks pelting you until you die. Seems pretty harsh. And where's the forgiveness?

- In the Old Testament, God gave rules of how to treat slaves. They were to be treated well, not killed, and so on. That's great! Wait a minute... God allowed the Isrealites to own slaves?!

- if you read through Exodus and Leviticus you will see that so many animals were killed. Thousands. Sure, it was to remind the Isrealites of the coming Messiah and was symbolic for other reasons. And don't forget, the animals burning on the alter gave off an "aroma pleasing to the Lord" So God enjoyed smelling His creation burning?!

- Leviticus 27:1-7
1The Lord said to Moses, 2“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If anyone makes a special vow to dedicate a person to the Lord by giving the equivalent value, 3set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekelsa of silver, according to the sanctuary shekelb ; 4for a female, set her value at thirty shekelsc ; 5for a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekelsd and of a female at ten shekelse ; 6for a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekelsf of silver and that of a female at three shekelsg of silver; 7for a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekelsh and of a female at ten shekels.
Ok. Remember these are God's words. According to this, females were of lesser value. That's spoken by the God who loves everyone equally. Sounds fair to me! (Sarcasm)

- Deuteronomy 13:12-16 : 12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt, This makes no sense. A couple people in the whole town wanted to worship idols. Ok. Punish them. Fair enough. But in the same town, there are others who still worship God. But too bad, they have to be burned with the people who worshiped idols. Just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. But that does make sense. I mean, the people who wanted idols would turn the other people away from God and to idol worship. Oh, and the animals are going to worship idols too, so they should be burned along with the innocent (but not for long) people. (Even more sarcasm)

That's all I'll put up for now. I would really like some help understanding these.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53020

• Big al
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
  • Thank you received: 225
Hey,
Don't worry Many people go through this. But God still Loves you and is calling you back into his warm arms. Try some things to Reconnect. Maybe you can feel God through Music and out in nature. Once you have a special place where you can connect with God He will slowly work his way back into ever part of your life. Make sure your foundation is strong. Remember God Loves you so much.
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53058

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Big al wrote:
Hey,
Don't worry Many people go through this. But God still Loves you and is calling you back into his warm arms. Try some things to Reconnect. Maybe you can feel God through Music and out in nature. Once you have a special place where you can connect with God He will slowly work his way back into ever part of your life. Make sure your foundation is strong. Remember God Loves you so much.

I connect through God with music. Music is very powerful for me. But my foundation is not strong at all. It is crumbling and I don't know how to fix it.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53073

• Chickadee
  • I love dogs!!
  • Thank you received: 211
Mp137 wrote:
Ok. I had gotten better in my relationship with God, until I had to read the Old Testament for school. Then I'm thinking: Wait... This is the God who is love and kindness? This is the God I'm serving?!

What I'm trying to say is, I'm friends with the God of the New Testament, but the God of the Old Testament seems very different. (I know they are the same, but I just feel as if there are 2, not one.) Here are some examples that confused me:

- If an Isrealite disobeyed God, they were put to death. Right away. Actually, stoned. Think about that for a second. I've been hit with a small rock before. It hurts. Imagine having rocks pelting you until you die. Seems pretty harsh. And where's the forgiveness?

- In the Old Testament, God gave rules of how to treat slaves. They were to be treated well, not killed, and so on. That's great! Wait a minute... God allowed the Isrealites to own slaves?!

- if you read through Exodus and Leviticus you will see that so many animals were killed. Thousands. Sure, it was to remind the Isrealites of the coming Messiah and was symbolic for other reasons. And don't forget, the animals burning on the alter gave off an "aroma pleasing to the Lord" So God enjoyed smelling His creation burning?!

- Leviticus 27:1-7
1The Lord said to Moses, 2“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘If anyone makes a special vow to dedicate a person to the Lord by giving the equivalent value, 3set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekelsa of silver, according to the sanctuary shekelb ; 4for a female, set her value at thirty shekelsc ; 5for a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekelsd and of a female at ten shekelse ; 6for a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekelsf of silver and that of a female at three shekelsg of silver; 7for a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekelsh and of a female at ten shekels.
Ok. Remember these are God's words. According to this, females were of lesser value. That's spoken by the God who loves everyone equally. Sounds fair to me! (Sarcasm)

- Deuteronomy 13:12-16 : 12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt, This makes no sense. A couple people in the whole town wanted to worship idols. Ok. Punish them. Fair enough. But in the same town, there are others who still worship God. But too bad, they have to be burned with the people who worshiped idols. Just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. But that does make sense. I mean, the people who wanted idols would turn the other people away from God and to idol worship. Oh, and the animals are going to worship idols too, so they should be burned along with the innocent (but not for long) people. (Even more sarcasm)

That's all I'll put up for now. I would really like some help understanding these.

They weren't put to death right away for everything you know. It was mostly the more serious things. And there was forgiveness, that is, if they admitted their wrong and brought a sacrifice for their sin.

Yeah, the slave part. :unsure: But if you look at it carefully, slaves had to be freed every seven years. So, he wasn't exactly supporting slavery, it seems to me he was trying to wean them off of it. Ill study it more though.

Probably God doesn't enjoy his own creation burning. He said that even a sparrow doesn't fall without his notice. But the thing is, this is the terribleness of it. An innocent animal HAD to be killed every time YOU sinned! ( by the way I'm not talking to YOU, i just sorta am rambling if you know what i mean), And the animal didn't do anything to die? WHY did it have to die? It had no part whatsoever in the sin committed, and yet it had to die. Why? WHY? WHY?????!!!! And it wasn't just any old animal either, it was usually an animal about 1 year old. Its life was soooo short, and it had to be killed. it had a full life in front of it, and it had to have its life cut off at such an early age!!! Because of something its owner did!! and EVERY time a person sinned, they had to kill an animal!! That is NOT one bit fair is ti. RIGHT?
But that is the reason God commanded the Israelites to sacrifice. To show them how horrible sin is. How every time they sinned something had to die. How because they sinned, Christ would come and die for them, personally, for the sins THEY committed. Get this, every time a person sinned, they had to kill a lamb for the sin that THEY committed, not anyone else. And THAT is exactly what Christ did for YOU. He came to this world to take your place personally. He would have done it JUST FOR YOU. Can you see how God was trying to impress the awesomeness, the greatness, of the gift he gave to us by sending his son to die FOR US? There is nothing in the universe that can even rival the gift that God gave us by sending his son to die for us. For you, and for me.

About males being more valuable than females, i doubt he meant that when he wrote that. After all, there ARE certain cases where a male might be more valuable than a female, AND the other way round.
and if you look at verse 8. it says:
"But if he be poorer than thy estimation, then he shall present himself before the priest, and the priest shall value him, according to his ability that vowed shall the priest value him."
Probably it required some good physical labor to be dedicated to the Lord. which is why it said according to his ability he was to be valued.

And about the whole town being put to death, it said "that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray,..." meaning that the people of the town ALREADY where lead astray. and were guilty. also the passage mentions looking deeply into the matter and "probing'' . Most likely those that still worshipped the true God were spared alive. God won't just destroy them!! look at what he said to Abram when he was pleading for the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.
He said if there where even ten souls in sodom that were still righteous, that he would spare the city, Even though the WHOLE city was terribly wicked, he would spare it for ten righteous souls. But sadly, it looks like there wasn't even 3. Lot MAYBE was righteous, but his two daughters definitely weren't. How can you be righteous if you offer the men of sodom your two daughters to sleep with, or how can you be righteous if you make your dad drunk to sleep with him? Seriously O.o
and the animals being burned along with them, was probably to impress the gravity of leaving the worship of the True God to go to idol worship. There are a couple of times in the bible where that was to be done, i will look into it more.

Did i cover it well enough? You can state your objections to what i said, i won't be offended :) i really want to help you........ :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Mp137, lovenikki7

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53096

• Cool Cat
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
I somtimes feel that way.Mp137 wrote:
I trust God. I love God. I know and accept that Jesus died for my sins. I pray. I go to church. I volunteer. I love helping people. I read my Bible. I feel absolutely no connection with God. None. I'm at a standstill. I don't know where to go from here. I was really happy for a while, with God. Now, I don't think anything in my life has changed since then, but I just don't feel God. He's distant. (I know, I'm the one that moved not Him...) But I don't know how I moved or how to get back! Help! :(
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53119

• Big al
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I just Love being Me and Hearts
Do you have an accountability Person you can go to? Someone like a pastor or an elder you trust who will hold you accountable to do a study everyday who will call you and talk with you? If not find someone you aren't in this alone ask for help and I am sure people will be willing to support you
Too many years trying not to rock the boat
I gotta quote, "I don't wanna rock the boat, I wanna sink it"
Ima just do it

KB. Ima Just Do It

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53137

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
4given4itall wrote:
MP137, firstly, the fact that God is there with you is exactly that: a fact. It doesn't change on how you feel at the moment. It is a given statement that you believe. Just because you can't 'feel' Him, you have to trust that He is still there.

Secondly, try going into nature on your own if you can. I feel closest to God in nature.

Hope that helps,
MegZ

I know God is there. I do. But that doesn't help anymore. I have so many questions, so much doubt, and I hate it! I don't know how to get out of this dark pit I'm in. It's too dark and slippery. I've covered the Light and now I can't uncover It. I have no one to help me. I would really appreciate prayers.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53168

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Big al wrote:
Do you have an accountability Person you can go to? Someone like a pastor or an elder you trust who will hold you accountable to do a study everyday who will call you and talk with you? If not find someone you aren't in this alone ask for help and I am sure people will be willing to support you

No, I don't. Well, there was a pastor at my church who I could probably go to, but he left our church to become a chaplain.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53169

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
@Chickadee That did help me understand a little better. Thank you
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chickadee

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53471

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
i can kind of understand the frustration @Mp. Sometimes when we read passages about God's wrath being kindled (isn't He a God of love??) or how He annihilates whole nations, including the babies (Thou shalt not kill??), it seems really cruel...on the surface. But that is why we shouldn't read the bible.

"What in the world!" you may say. "IS Quirky losing it? Is she against the bible now??? :blink: "

lol, no, not one bit. here is what i mean when i say that we shouldn't read the bible.

Just reading the bible, in most cases, will leave us confused. For me, when i just read the bible, I'd see something that made me go :blink: , and then I'd shrug my shoulders and continue on, telling myself that I would, you know, look at it later...or something (which i never really did). We shouldn't merely read the bible. We must STUDY the bible. God told us to "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). When we study, we see the "why" behind the "what". We get a deeper understanding of why in the world God had to destroy precious little children who were a part of a wicked nation. We understand why one had to be killed because of a sin that they did. The scripture interprets itself amazingly. My favorite interpretations are ones like this:

Revelation 17:1- And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

hmm, now, what in the world does this "water" mean??? I know its not normal water.

Never fear! just go to the end of the chapter!

Revelation 17:15- And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

isn't that cool?! and it does this all throughout the bible. For a lot of things in the bible you can't take it at face value. You've got to probe a little deeper under the surface, and then things that you wouldn't have imagined will burst forth. You should try it some time (you know, like, now. :side: ).

did that help at all??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137, lovenikki7

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53506

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
@Quirky thank you for that. But I'm still very confused about those verses. And more. I've racked my brain searching for answers and now I'm stuck. So that why I really need someone to explain it to me.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53546

• lovenikki7
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 20
@Mp137, I have felt the same way for a while now. I read all of the comments on this post, and I realized how far away from God I really am. I had stopped going on Guide for a little more than a year :whistle:, and then I started going on it again in October-ish. That put me a little bit back on track, seeing all the posts users put about God, trusting Him, deeper faith, etc. But I am still in the same predicament. It feels nice to know that I am not the only one doomed to not feeling close to God, but that it still bad. I will pray for you, and people we need to pray for one another. Anyways, thanks for sharing your problem Mp137! :)

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53550

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
lovenikki7 wrote:
@Mp137, I have felt the same way for a while now. I read all of the comments on this post, and I realized how far away from God I really am. I had stopped going on Guide for a little more than a year :whistle:, and then I started going on it again in October-ish. That put me a little bit back on track, seeing all the posts users put about God, trusting Him, deeper faith, etc. But I am still in the same predicament. It feels nice to know that I am not the only one doomed to not feeling close to God, but that it still bad. I will pray for you, and people we need to pray for one another. Anyways, thanks for sharing your problem Mp137! :)

Wow. It feels good to know I'm not the only one on Guide with this problem. I'll pray for you too. :)
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: lovenikki7

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53584

• Joy
  • Aussie, Ausie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi!
  • Thank you received: 53
I sometimes feel this way too. Don't think of your relationship as something that you have to work for or do anything to get. All you need to do is love Him and accept Him as your personal Saviour. Don't over analyse it and worry that you don't feel the connection.

The chances are that you know in your heart that you love God and you want to have a friendship with Him, but your head won't let you believe it.

I'm saying this for myself as much as I am to you. Just keep going and know that you do have a connection (you do, but you're not letting yourself believe it) and pray to God and tell Him how you feel and how you're struggling with it. He knows you and He loves you.

Don't worry about not understanding the bible verses, and not feeling the connection. Sometimes this worry blinds you to the fact that you do have a connection.

Remember: "Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I will be praying for you and this won't last forever- Remember that.
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mp137, lovenikki7

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 10 months ago #53645

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Mp137 wrote:
@Quirky thank you for that. But I'm still very confused about those verses. And more. I've racked my brain searching for answers and now I'm stuck. So that why I really need someone to explain it to me.

Like I said before, you're gotta study, i mean, ready study. Find a concordance (i use Strongs Exhastive Concordance, but i think its only for the KJV, i don't remember). Find things to explain it in Spirit of Prophecy. Once I read a story in the bible where these people were immediately killed after looking at the ark of the covenant and I was like :huh: what's the big deal?? Its just an ark. So I looked it up in Patriarchs and Prophets and found out why they received such swift judgement.

You be got to be persistent (I'm speaking to myself with this too). Even when you've spent weeks agonizing over this, you have to be persevering. One day you'll get the answer. I'm sure that God won't leave you hanging, especially when you want to know truth so desperately. God Bless.

Not feeling the connection. 1 year 9 months ago #54304

SRNitro wrote:
You need to stop thinking of him as something you need to do but something you want to do. God is a friend. His son died for you. It's like Jesus jumping into a bullet for you! He got in the way! You need to think of Him that way. He just got in the way of a bullet for you, you can love Him forever...
You know, I never thought of it like that...I like it!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds