Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why did God help?

Why did God help? 2 years 3 months ago #49284

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
The 6th commandment says to not kill, or, in a different version not to murder. What's the difference between killing and murdering? And if God commands us to not kill, why did He help so many men in the Bible kill so many people? Is God saying never kill, ever, or are there exceptions? Is so, what are those exceptions?
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PilotGamer1933

Why did God help? 2 years 3 months ago #49377

• Roll Tide Man
  • Romans 6:23
  • Thank you received: 230
I wonder about the same thing. Like when Jehu murdered Queen Jezebel and her family. It seems kinda messed up. But he was doing God's will. So I guess thats the difference.
Every time you run into a spider web, pretend its a finish line. It's kinda hard to be terrified when you're too busy being a champion.

Why did God help? 2 years 3 months ago #49404

• Sk8er4God
  • Allons-y!
  • Thank you received: 255
This is a really good question and I don't have an answer right now.
M-mental
A-abuse
T-to
H-humans

Just kidding I like math.

Why did God help? 2 years 2 months ago #49557

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Roll Tide Man wrote:
I wonder about the same thing. Like when Jehu murdered Queen Jezebel and her family. It seems kinda messed up. But he was doing God's will. So I guess thats the difference.

So if God says to kill someone, and you do, it's fine. But if God doesn't say to kill some, but you do, that's bad. 1. That doesn't make sense. 2. How would you explain that to new believers and/or atheists.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Why did God help? 2 years 2 months ago #49626

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
Kill and Murder are kind of the same thing, but these two words are used in different contexts. Example: If you hear that two robbers went in a house and then exited leaving a dead body for no reason. THAT is Murder. Example 2: There is a war, and men from both sides die. THAT is more of, you could call it, JUST killing, cause both sides are armed.

But even so, the word kill is used for more contexts than murder, and even kill is used in news stories or history books that talk about murders.

Definition of kill according to Wikipedia: """"""The act of causing the death of a living organism" or """""""""homicide, one human killing another""""""""""

Definition of murder according to Wikipedia: """""""""Murder is the killing of another person without justification or valid excuse, and it is especially the unlawful killing of another person with malice aforethought.""""""""""""

In other words, Murder is killing a person unjustly, while killing refers to other contexts and is more widely used, or is, a word that spreads over various contexts, while murder just refers to one context.

Now, to another matter, God would save or let people get killed, or even murdered according to His will. Also, you can note that when the Israelites went to battle, or maybe came back from battle, they made a sacrifice, probably to please the Lord, and also to maybe forgive the sin before it is committed, which is that of killing someone. Many of the times that Israelites killed, were usually battles which you could call JUST killing, because, as I said before, both sides were armed. But other times it was murder, but this type of killing could have probably been dismissed because God wanted or needed the persons getting killed to die. I guess that by the time whoever is reading this has got to this POINT, he or she is already bored or maybe lost. Im sorry if Im that complicated. I like talking like that.

Anyways, thats my opinion, thanks for taking the time to read and analyze it, and have a good day!
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: PilotGamer1933

Why did God help? 2 years 2 months ago #49652

• Chickadee
  • I love dogs!!
  • Thank you received: 211
God told Jehu to kill the whole house of Ahab because they murdered many innocent people, and led Israel in sin.
It was their punishment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, PilotGamer1933

Why did God help? 2 years 2 months ago #49694

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Skite wrote:
Kill and Murder are kind of the same thing, but these two words are used in different contexts. Example: If you hear that two robbers went in a house and then exited leaving a dead body for no reason. THAT is Murder. Example 2: There is a war, and men from both sides die. THAT is more of, you could call it, JUST killing, cause both sides are armed.

But even so, the word kill is used for more contexts than murder, and even kill is used in news stories or history books that talk about murders.

Definition of kill according to Wikipedia: """"""The act of causing the death of a living organism" or """""""""homicide, one human killing another""""""""""

Definition of murder according to Wikipedia: """""""""Murder is the killing of another person without justification or valid excuse, and it is especially the unlawful killing of another person with malice aforethought.""""""""""""

In other words, Murder is killing a person unjustly, while killing refers to other contexts and is more widely used, or is, a word that spreads over various contexts, while murder just refers to one context.

Now, to another matter, God would save or let people get killed, or even murdered according to His will. Also, you can note that when the Israelites went to battle, or maybe came back from battle, they made a sacrifice, probably to please the Lord, and also to maybe forgive the sin before it is committed, which is that of killing someone. Many of the times that Israelites killed, were usually battles which you could call JUST killing, because, as I said before, both sides were armed. But other times it was murder, but this type of killing could have probably been dismissed because God wanted or needed the persons getting killed to die. I guess that by the time whoever is reading this has got to this POINT, he or she is already bored or maybe lost. Im sorry if Im that complicated. I like talking like that.

Anyways, thats my opinion, thanks for taking the time to read and analyze it, and have a good day!

I read the whole thing through. But here's another question. Job. Why did God allow Job's family to be killed?! I don't think they had done anything wrong enough to be killed! Was that just to test Job? If so, why?! What about the people that were killed? If they had a choice, I'm sure they wouldn't choose to be killed just so Job could be tested.
- Guilty by Newsboys

Why did God help? 2 years 2 months ago #49863

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
I read the whole thing through. But here's another question. Job. Why did God allow Job's family to be killed?! I don't think they had done anything wrong enough to be killed! Was that just to test Job? If so, why?! What about the people that were killed? If they had a choice, I'm sure they wouldn't choose to be killed just so Job could be tested.

Mp137, you already answered your first question. The second question could probably be disputed, and I think it's best that you ask God about why Job's family was killed. The third question should be answered in this way: Death, cannot be controlled, and thus, you or someone else may never know when you will die. Also, if you note, the sons of Job were killed by a strong wind, in one of the houses that belonged to a son, while they were having a party. Out of the many places of situations to die in, they died during a party. So that is how unpredictable death is.

Side note: The Christian life isn't always a ride through the clouds, but a bumpy flight in mist and storms. What I am saying is that, the Christian life isn't always perfect, and that its all rainbows and unicorns, and also, Jesus predicted that we will be suffering in years prior to His coming. So Job's test was probably the first time a faithful man suffered, but it's not the last time that someone suffers because of his or her belief in God. Think about it.

But after Job's suffering, he received many great things, that surpassed the number that he had before: twice as much of everything, including one of the most beautiful children in the land. That's a small representation of what we are going to get when we go to Heaven cause we are going to get so much more. We are going to get so much, that we will forget about what happened on earth, and all we suffered.

So the idea is probably:

A bit of suffering in the land of suffering (earth), and a strong belief in God = Eternal Life, and Heavenly Citizenship with our Creator

Thanks for reading.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, PilotGamer1933, sekayi_101
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds