Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are You Converted?

Are You Converted? 2 years 7 months ago #45062

• Prov17
  • Live holy as God is holy
  • Thank you received: 296
Titus 1:16 “They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.”

Are the Christians that you see around you (going to church and doing things to look like they’re a Christian) truly converted? Will they stay true to Jesus when the going gets rough, when they’re being threatened by their boss about losing their job, when they’re getting threats from the ACLU, child services or the police? Will even the youth stay true when they are mocked for what they and their family believe? Did you hear the news of the Chief Justice in Alabama who stood up for what’s right? He said that there will be no gay marriages or marriage licenses to gay couples in Alabama. That’s a converted man. The Chief Justice could had been removed or put in jail by doing what he did.

At the Last Supper, a dispute rose up among the disciples of who was the greatest. But they fled when Jesus was arrested. Peter denied that he was Jesus’ disciple three times and said that he didn’t know Him. The going got rough, the disciples faced arrest, and they fled from Jesus. They were with Jesus when He said, “They will hate you because of me.”

Problems aren’t always major like job losses. People complain to God about how their body is. They’re too short, tall, skinny, big. I’m skinny and short, but there are things that are just right for me. People should keep Romans 8:28 in their mind when they are complaining. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
People are too often born again, but not converted.
Prov1:7

Luke 22:32 “32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”
Are the things you're living for worth Christ dying for? -Leonard Ravenhill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, Quirky, GodLover2000

Are You Converted? 1 year 10 months ago #54139

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2962
Amen (although I believe that being born again And being converted are the same thing)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds