Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help!

Help! 2 years 9 months ago #44227

• ZayZayKele990
  • I love horses, and writing and making friends
  • Thank you received: 2
I have been an SDA for a while then last year my parents introduced me into this new belief questioning the Saturday sabbath. They say that Saturday is pagan and that it's not from the original bible calendar. They show me Ezekiel 46:1,3 and say that God's calendar has three parts:
1. New Moon Day
2. Six Working Days
3.The Sabbath

Can someone tell me is Saturday really the sabbath? because they say it is Saturn's day who was chiun in the bible (Amos 5:26).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help! 2 years 8 months ago #44567

• ZayZayKele990
  • I love horses, and writing and making friends
  • Thank you received: 2
They said that no where in the bible does it say that Saturday is sabbath or that Sunday is when Jesus rose from the grave. In Exodus 20:8-11 it says:

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

No where in any of those verses does it say that Saturday is sabbath and if we look back to the history of our seven day week calendar before it was an eight day week calendar and even before that there was the biblical calendar that came from creation to after Jesus ascended into heaven. In Genesis 1:14:
14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years;

In Psalms 104:19:He appointed the moon for seasons;
The sun knows its going down.

If we go to Kings James Version Strong Concordance seasons means an assembly, and a fixed time. It is interesting that it says he appointed the moon for seasons (a fixed time) because feast days and sabbaths are fixed times. What proof is there that Saturday is the sabbath and that Jesus rose from the grave on Sunday?

Prov17 said: So, it doesn't really matter.
It does matter for example lets say you had a phone and you asked a friend to look after it while you were at camp but not to use it (your friend doesn't have a phone) but then when you come back you find out your friend has been using it.That is how God feels when we say his commands don't matter especially when it says remember the sabbath day and keep it holy. It then goes on to say: 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. Six days you shall labor and do all your work means for six days do everything you need to do before sabbath. But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God means that the seventh day sabbath is of God and is important because we must remember it and keep it holy. So it does matter what day you worship on because it shows who you worship Satan/God. You are putting Colossions 2:16 out of context it actually means: Don't let anyone condemn you on what you believe but that doesn't mean that it doesn't matter what day you worship on you still have to go and study to find the right sabbath that God will show you if you are willing to read and understand what looks like truth.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the days of the week being named after the planets and gods but some people might think it is pretty cool to study our history so they can learn the truth about what the days of the week are named after.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by ZayZayKele990.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Birdie500

Help! 2 years 8 months ago #44608

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2991
Who's judging????

And if it didn't matter what day we kept holy then why did God say to remember THE Sabbath to keep it holy, rather than A Sabbath day?

How about this. Let's COMPLETELY forget about the NAME of a day or month or whatever. Even if you strip away all man-made things, the seventh day is the seventh day, name or not.

Well, actually, it does have a name... its called the Sabbath of the Lord our God. In it, thou shalt not do any work. Thou nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea and all that in them is, and rested on the seventh day, wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hollowed it.

Help! 2 years 8 months ago #44732

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2991
P.s. my last post was kind of directed towards Prov17 but his post is gone so now it looks like I'm talking to no one
The following user(s) said Thank You: 12pearlygates

Help! 2 years 8 months ago #44839

• Birdie500
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Thank you received: 311
Hi. Before I go into detail, I'll just introduce myself

Hello.
My name is Chantal
I love animals
I have been a seventh day Adventist all my life.
You have a cool username
Question: Do you believe your parents are right?

To back up my point that Saturday is Sabbath, I have a few Bible verses here just to help explain

1.) Exodus 20: 8 - 11
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labour, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

It's REALLY simple. The seventh day of the week is Saturday of course. Some calendars have changed that fact because of what the people believe.

2.) Luke 23:52-54
This man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then he took it down, wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a tomb that was hewn out of the rock, where no one had ever lain before.That day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew near.

Easter even gives it away. When Jesus died, it was Preparation Day. We call it Good Friday. It also said the Sabbath drew near which meant that that evening and the day after would be the Sabbath. That's Saturday or The Sabbath Day.

3.) Luke 23:55-56
The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56 Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

After preparing the spices, the women went home and rested because it was Saturday, the Sabbath day.

4.) Matthew 28:1-2
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.

We call this day Good Sunday. Why would the Sabbath be on Sunday if the Bible said that the Sabbath had ended before Sunday??? Plus, the Sabbath was made before Jesus died soooo......why did the Israelites celebrate the Sabbath before Jesus died, if people think it's on Sunday because Jesus rose then? They wouldn't have known which day Jesus rose. And also Jesus said death is like sleep. He was crucified on Friday, He rested on Saturday and rose on Sunday

That's all I have time for so far. I hope it helps you understand
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, 12pearlygates

Help! 2 years 8 months ago #44864

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 346
New Moon Day is the day when there is a new moon(no moon in the sky) or the start of a new month so it is not a day. So there were only seven dys.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds