Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who Struggles With Faith?

Who Struggles With Faith? 2 years 11 months ago #42208

• pk96
  • Thank you received: 4
Struggling with your faith is part of growing up, at least in part.
If you only accept the beliefs you have because your parents hold them (for your whole life), then you are doomed.
Once you reach a certain point, you need to accept it for yourself. That's when it becomes real.

I have struggled myself with faith at varying points in my life. I wonder "Why God?" like you, I ask "How could this happen?" and many others, but it has never been enough to make me lose all hope. The answers many times came quickly, others are still taking time.

No matter the questions, no matter the doubts, know that people have always had questions and doubts.
If you can accept that sometimes the questions (realizing almost all being asked by someone before) may only receive an answer in the future (2 year, 5 years, eternity), and still realize that a puzzling thought here and there, is not enough to derail all faith, then you're on the right track.

God promises (right after Famous verse no. 2 ) that,
"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 'I will be found by you,' declares the LORD" (Jer. 29:13).

He promises to be there, and He promises He will be found when you seek Him wholeheartedly. No need to fear, nor lose belief in seemingly distant god. No, instead put faith in a God who is close, personal, and always has your best interests in mind because of His character of love. Not "faith" as a blind foolish belief, but as something that stands as "...substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb. 11:1). Surrender yourself fully to Him, Trust Him, and you'll be glad you did. I know I am.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deee133

Who Struggles With Faith? 2 years 10 months ago #42927

• deee133
  • I'M A TWIN
  • Thank you received: 41
Yeah, I struggle with faith. The devil really knows where to hit me and where I'm weakest. There are some days where I feel like I have the most faith in the world and nothing could make me feel like God's not there or that he doesn't care about me, and then there are other days where I question all of that and feel like a terrible person. :(
thanks for the encouragement Pk96
"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day"

Who Struggles With Faith? 2 years 3 weeks ago #51912

• ZeklovesGod
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Love God, Love Others, Serve the World
  • Thank you received: 16
I struggle with faith sometimes too. There are times in my life that I have struggled through and have questioned God. But then I eventually learn and know the reasons why bad things happen in life. We all have had ups and downs with our relationship with God and have "sinned, and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) But in the end, we must choose to have faith in Him and let Him guide us through our lives.
"Choose ye today who you'll serve... but as for me and my house, we'll serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Who Struggles With Faith? 2 years 3 weeks ago #51954

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
I am struggling.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds