Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Speaking in Tongues

Speaking in Tongues 3 years 5 months ago #38633

• naturelover23
  • Prayer and work conquer all!!!!
  • Thank you received: 9
I went to a church one Sabbath. They aren't Adventists. This lady was 'getting into spirit' she was walking around and shouting some stuff they said she was "speaking in tongues" it was kinda confusing for me. I thought tongues was just a normal language everyone speaks. I wonder what does God say about those stuff?
#food is the best remedy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Speaking in Tongues 3 years 5 months ago #39241

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
The first instance of tongues in the Bible is found in Acts 2. On Pentecost, while over 100 of Jesus's disciples prayed, including The 12 and Mary Magdalene. They heard the sound of a "rushing mighty wind" and discovered that the Holy Spirit had settled on them, manifested in small flames. When each person went outside and began to preach, visting Jewish pilgrims each heard the Gospel in his or her own language! Because of that, many were added to the growing Christian faith.

So for tongues to truly be of the Holy Ghost, they must be understandable. If someone hears a message in his own language, then the person giving the message is truly speaking in tongues. The "Should-have-bought-a-honda" we hear on TV is fake. No one on Earth understands what is being said, so it cannot be of the Holy Ghost.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperStar, Going4God

Speaking in Tongues 3 years 3 months ago #40292

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I need to study into this before I answer, so look back in like a couple days and I'll post what I find out.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Speaking in Tongues 3 years 4 days ago #41920

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
Some good areas too look to in the Bible are 1 Corinthians 14. Psalms 34:13 says t keep your lips from speaking guile(crafty or deceitful things) and your tongue from speaking evil. 1 Corinthians 14:4 says that people who speak in tongues are only building themselves up and making themselves better but people who prophesie are making the church better. Verse 11 says that if God does not know what you are saying when you are speaking in tongues and the meaning of the voice then he is a barbarian unto God and God is a barbarian unto him. Also check out verse 14.
You should read all of Ch. 14.

Hope this helps! :cheer:
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds