Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is it really wrong?

Is it really wrong? 3 years 8 months ago #36506

• Delightful
  • Thank you received: 120
Hey, I was just wondering if it was morally wrong for a Christian to peirce their ears.

I know about the verse in Leviticus 19 verse 28, saying, "You shall not make any cuts on your flesh for the dead, nor tatoo any marks on you: I am the LORD." (NKJV)
That's talking about cutting (for the dead), which was a pagan practice even in those days (see 1 Kings 18:28).

But is it really talking about peircing your ears? I'm not saying that I think peircing your tongue, nose, eyevrows,
bellybutton, and other body parts would be okay. Personally, I find those kinds of peircings inapropriate and useless.
I guess one could say the same about ear peircings, that they are frivilous and useless.
But are they morally wrong?

I'm not trying to test the Bible, I believe in God and want to obey His will fully. I've always wanted to peice my ears ever since I was a little girl, and the more I look into it, the more it appears to me that it might not actually be against the Bible. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. I am open to all responses :cheer:

Please back up responses with Bible verses if you can :)
Psalm 73:28 ♡
Christ is Enough for Me
Colossians 3:15-17✝
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bribree

Re: Is it really wrong? 3 years 8 months ago #36557

• jon01
  • Thank you received: 42
I cant find anything that specifically mentions body piercings, the closest I can come is, 1 timothy2:9,10;"women adorn themselves in modest apparel with shamefacedness and sobriety, not with broided hair or gold, or pearls or costly array".vs10;"but which becometh women professing Godliness,with good works". hope this helps, also, ask your pastor.

Re: Is it really wrong? 3 years 8 months ago #36602

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1213
God originally allowed the Israelites to wear jewelry. When Aaron crafted the Golden Calf, he told the men to "Take the golden earrings from your wives and your children, and bring them to me (Exodus 32:2)."

However, whenever they sinned, they were to humble themselves and take off their jewelry (2 Chronicles 7:14).
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Prince_of_God, naturelover23

Re: Is it really wrong? 3 years 7 months ago #37510

• RJ
  • Thank you received: 21
Allow me to start with a text directly from the bible, NKJ version. It says in 1 Corinthians 6:19 - 20,
"Or do you not not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."

You may have heard this text before. It's important to really understand it. If you will read 1 Kings chapter 6, when King Solomon is building the house of the Lord, which is a temple, you will get an idea of how much work and care went into making you and how precious you are.

The Holy Spirit is in all of us. When we cut our bodies purposefully for ordaining or even self-deprecation, we are both harming and perverting the precious temple God made for us, and the wonderful work of His hand.

When you think about it while keeping these texts in mind, there is not a difference between a belly piercing, a nose piercing, or an ear piercing. They're all equal in what they do to your body. It's up to you to decide, and to discern whether or not what you do with your body glorifies the Lord.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by RJ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, azur21

Is it really wrong? 1 year 3 months ago #59806

• #JesusKnowsMeThisILove
  • Jesus. Purple. Donuts. Mustaches. Family. Friends.
  • Thank you received: 9
I think ear piercings are wrong. First of all we are adorning our bodies with jewellery and second of all we are piercing our bodies and our bodies our the temples of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wants us to take care of our bodies not poke holes in them. Are we poking holes in our bodies for ourselves or for this world. And most importantly, would Jesus?
You may not have a special life.... But you make life special.
Ps. I got that from a TV show!
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds