Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: women ordination

women ordination 3 years 11 months ago #33766

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
what do you think about women being ordinated in our SDA church?... I would rally like to hear your opinion... :)
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: women ordination 3 years 11 months ago #33868

I think women should be ordained as does a good part of the adventist church according to the data coming in
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: women ordination 3 years 10 months ago #35097

• *bjc4christ*
  • God first
  • Thank you received: 98
can I tell you something?...pastors are there to led the church basically they are leaders of the church. but God said that he has made man(males) to do that job so why are the churches allowing women to become pastors or ordinated when God didn't intend that job for women?...has the Bible ever changed? or are we changing the Bible...since when do we, as human beings do that? please explain when that started happening...
'THE BIBLE IS AN ANVIL THAT HAS WORN OUT MANY HAMMERS'...EARLY REFORMER OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH...*

Re: women ordination 3 years 10 months ago #35192

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1214
Women Ordination in the Bible is a gray area. A verse commonly used against it is 1 Corinthians 14:34. But the Bible does not say "God does not forbid". Paul wrote that in response to a controversy in Corinth.

Many women in the bible were prophetesses, such as Miriam, Deborah, Huldah, Phillip's daughters, and many other unnamed women. Being a prophet is an honor above being a pastor. In the Seventh-day Adventist Church, we believe that God calls individuals to be pastors, the same way he calls individuals to be prophets.

If the Spirit of Property does not discriminate against gender, why would God only choose men to be pastors, when he chose women to spiritually lead?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by InspiredThinker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mercylove

Re: women ordination 3 years 10 months ago #35239

@*bjc4christ the bible does not say that only men can be ordained so we are not changing the bible and the bible has definitely not been changed and the most of the verses that are used to disapprove women ordination have to do with marriage (in the Original) not the church.
@inspiredthinker AMEN!
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: women ordination 3 years 10 months ago #35353

"By their fruits ye shall know them." This is advice that Jesus gives us in Mathew 7:20. The whole movement for wemens ordination has been a rather rebellios one. The General Conference has in the past voted down this idea, but people have gone ahead with it anyway. "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry." 1 Samuel 15:23 The reson that women should not be pastors is not because they are inferior, but because that is not the job God gave to them. God has given that job to the men. Just as a side note 1 Cor. 13:14 does not exist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: *bjc4christ*

Re: women ordination 3 years 9 months ago #35577

I' really sorry, I don't know how I read that wrong. 1 Cor. 14:34 does exist. Somehow I read that as 13:14.

Re: women ordination 3 years 9 months ago #36176

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1214
musicalpilot wrote:
I' really sorry, I don't know how I read that wrong. 1 Cor. 14:34 does exist. Somehow I read that as 13:14.

Nope, you read it right. I posted it wrong, and when you commented on how 13:14 doesn't exist, I realized my mistake, and edited it.

Anyway, where in the Bible does it say that being a minister is reserved for men?
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds