Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: please read this

please read this 4 years 1 month ago #32239

• snow4me
  • Thank you received: 105
I feel very disconnected from God right now. I have devotions and try to spend time with Him every morning and evening, but when I pray, I don't feel like He's listening. I've tried everything I can think of, but I don't feel connected, I just feel like I'm talking to a wall. I'm getting very frustrated. Please comment
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pugjko, dancer4god, Bribree

Re: please read this 4 years 1 month ago #32291

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 185
I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling, however it is important that we realize that the Christian experience and relationship with God should not be based on feelings. When you look at our example Jesus Christ and his life on earth he demonstrated that we should live by faith. Therefore when we pray we must believe through faith that God hears us and we continue with that confidence. I must add that it is important that we do not pray selfishly ( Praying for Material gain or things not truly focused on the furthering of God's work). My advice to you is to pray without stopping for God challenges us to keep praying for our needs and he will answer at the right time.

Keep the faith and trust in him

God bless :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DallesRocks, snow4me

Re: please read this 4 years 1 month ago #32315

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
I don't really know what to say... But I do know that God does listen, always. But I get what you mean. Sometimes I don't feel like God is listening either. Something to think about though, even Jesus felt that way! When He was on the cross He cried, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me!?!" And part of forsaking is not listening to, so even Jesus had times when He felt like God wasn't listening. Try remembering how much God loves you. That helps me when I feel like God's not listening.
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~

Re: please read this 4 years 1 month ago #32323

• Violingirl1
  • I love music and sports
  • Thank you received: 90
God is real. He never leaves us. Only we can leave Him.

So maybe try spending a little more time with Him each day. In the morning, invite Him into your heart, and ask Him to make decisions for you. He wants you to ask Him for something you want. Request for a chance for Him to shine through you in the day. In the evening, thank Him for all that He's done for you. Talk to Him like a Friend, as if He never knew what happened (even though He did). He wants to know. He wants to listen to you. He hears you. And read your Bible to see what God wants to say to you.

Hope this helps ;)
~Violingirl1

Re: please read this 4 years 1 month ago #32340

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
Talk to your local pastor.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson

Re: please read this 4 years 1 month ago #32357

• sunnyside1
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ready for God
  • Thank you received: 410
Well, for one thing He is there. It's up to you to trust Him. Also if you haven't heard of it, there is an evangelistic group called ARME Bible Camp. If it is near you I strongly urge you to go. It does cost a lot of money but it is WORTH IT. Keep on trusting God and sticking to it. Your in my prayers.
Sometimes we worry,
Sometimes we fret.
Sometimes we feel like
We can't move a step.

But God is still with us.
Keep Him in mind.
Trust in Him alway.
He is ever so kind.

Re: please read this 3 years 11 months ago #33674

• SdaLegacy
Something that works for me when I feel like that is acting like I am talking to my best friends and praying listening and reading my bible in wait for an answer. But basically you just have to trust tht God hears you.

Re: please read this 3 years 11 months ago #34116

• jon01
  • Thank you received: 42
that's satan trying to get you to not believe in God, just pray more and ask your pastor to pray for you, it will help. and we can pray for you too

Re: please read this 3 years 8 months ago #36270

• MonikaJon
  • Thank you received: 26
Make sure you talk to a parent or pastor and check out nowgrow on the internet! :)

Re: please read this 3 years 8 months ago #36423

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Every Christian goes through a time of struggle, but many come out even stronger in faith then before. I have to confess, I have been having an up and down relationship. Sometimes letting go of whatever is blocking us from God is hard. It's true. Everybody at one time or another struggles with God.

One time when I was feeling low on faith, I went to the Christian bookstore and picked up a really good book. It's by Jeremy Camp called "I Still Believe." This guy went through tons of stuff including losing his wife. He was a man of strong faith and he stayed strong in the faith. He did have ups and downs. He did question God like any average person would, but he didn't doubt God.

That's what I find with myself. It's not that I'm doubting God, it's just that I'm questioning God when I should just be following Him! God knows what He's doing, I don't have to know His every move. Sometimes I get "addicted" to the computer and am just on it and on it surfing YouTube or whatever. I think I should limit myself more. Why? I NEED THE TIME WITH GOD, NOT TIME WITH A COMPUTER.

And I know what you mean by talking to a wall, but in reality, you are talking to God, even if it doesn't feel like it!

I encourage you to pick up that book at your local Christian bookstore or on the internet (I think you might be able to get it as an Ebook, although I'm not completely positive.) It really helped lift me up. I might actually read it again cuz I myself am feeling slighty... disconnected. I haven't BLOCKED God from my life, but I'm not giving Him enough TIME in my life, and actually as I'm writing this, I'm realizing how much I'm shutting God out. THis website is a great place!

God bless you and I pray that you will be strong and here's a main tip:

EVEN IN YOUR HARDEST MOMENTS, DO NOT GIVE UP ON GOD!!!

Sorry that this was so long, I got started, and it all just flowed out!
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: please read this 3 years 7 months ago #37406

One of the things that works for me is that during the summertime I like to do my devotional time outside in my backyard when there is nobody else around who is making noise which would distract me from the very special time that I've set aside in my day for me to be with God-the one who created me, loves me, saved me from my sins, cares for me, provides for my needs, and continues to be my God. I think that one of the things that helped me to have a more intimate and close together relationship with God was one of the things that I learned at a certain VBS witch is the ABCs of becoming a Christian: A-admit to God that you are a sinner(see Romans 3:23) and repent(to change your ways). B-believe in Jesus who was sent from God and died for you and me to save us from the consequences of our wrongdoing(see Romans 6:23), and ask Him for guidance in your life. C-confess your faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord. One other piece of advice is that there is a book, little in size, big in spiritual development, called Steps to Christ by Ellen G White. That book is well known for helping Christians to know God better and I hope that you read it someday. And also keep in mind that like you mature physically and mentally as you experience things in your life, so you will mature spiritually in your walk with God. Oh, and always remember to pray and study your Bible! God bless you! ;)
2 Tim 3:16-17 NKJV "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by rfishell.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds