Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is it bad?

Is it bad? 4 years 3 months ago #30998

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2962
Is it bad that i wish i didn't grow up in the Adventist church? i guess it just seems like if i left Go and then came back then it would be a whole lot easier to be a christian. i always think about that verse "Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. Luke 7:47" i feel like i love little because i don't realize how much God loves me because i'v heard the same thing over and over all my life. what do you guys think about that? :huh:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116, angel1, purple_A, Mp137

Re: Is it bad? 4 years 3 months ago #31151

• Preciousabby1116
  • The most precious book, THE BIBLE
  • Thank you received: 430
Hooo my goodness. I really thought I was the only one. I always wished I didn't grow up in the Adventist church cause I thought it would be easier to realize a lot of things and I thought I would be more interested and realize more things because I've grown up in the church and know and hear the same message all the time and i dunno its just not that appealing, to me.

~Abby :cheer: ~
Abby loves you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, purple_A

Re: Is it bad? 4 years 2 months ago #31254

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Yes! i'm not alone. so any idea what to do about this? like i said before, i really considered turning away and then coming back to see if anything is different but at the same time i feel like its to late in earths history to do that, if you know what i mean...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preciousabby1116

Re: Is it bad? 4 years 2 months ago #31507

• Preciousabby1116
  • The most precious book, THE BIBLE
  • Thank you received: 430
Yeah I considered turning away too but then thought about it being the last days and its too late for that. Oh my goodness you're thinking just like me. But I think we should stick to what we have cause its already too late for us to turn away THEN come back...cause we would have to turn away for a certain amount of time and yeah we don't have tome for that so maybe we can find new things? That seem interesting? Idk...

~Abby :cheer: ~
Abby loves you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: Is it bad? 4 years 2 months ago #31607

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I've had the same thoughts... More along the lines of all my favourite sport is on the Sabbath- so sometimes I think it would be really good to be born into a Sunday keeping church. To be honest- I think it's healthy to think about these things- we're always going to question our faith- it's how we deal with that.

For a couple of months I've read the Bible for half and hour to an hour each day, and my love for God has grown like anything- so I challenge you to read your Bible for half an hour a day for a month- maybe study a book like Proverbs or James. It will give you new purpose.

Re: Is it bad? 3 years 11 months ago #34115

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
I have never had such feelings or thoughts, but does this mean that everything will be better for you? Is it nessary?
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson

Re: Is it bad? 3 years 10 months ago #34631

ok so the bible says that if you leave christianity 7 demons will live with you and it is not easier to get back to church after you have sinned. that happened to my aunt and uncle and now that they wanna get back to church is to late for them. :(
my crazy beautiful life

Re: Is it bad? 3 years 10 months ago #34704

• Going4God
  • Thank you received: 242
Some people come to the SDA church BECAUSE of the people that were already there. If you know what I mean. If none of us were born into an Adventist environment, there would be no one left to bring us into it. We grew up knowing God, so we should use that knowledge to help others who didn't grow up with Him.
you are beautiful.
you are worth it.
you are amazing.

Re: Is it bad? 3 years 10 months ago #35146

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
my_name_is_peep$ wrote:
ok so the bible says that if you leave christianity 7 demons will live with you and it is not easier to get back to church after you have sinned. that happened to my aunt and uncle and now that they wanna get back to church is to late for them. :(

where does it say that????about the Christianity thing

Re: Is it bad? 3 years 9 months ago #35647

• CheekyCherry
  • I love a Reading, God, My family and Friends!!
  • Thank you received: 31
It's true I also sometimes wish that I wasn't born in the Seventh-Day Adventist. Some of my friends aren't SDA's and I do feel a bit left out when they go out on Saturday's. My close friends help me however by saying; " I will never disrespect your Sabbath."
Also when I really want to go out with them I know I can't go and so I say, "I have to go church." Even though I can't go - I feel glad that they know about my religion!
They also respect me and my religion - but sometimes they forget!
I think it's OK to wish you weren't religious as God gives us a choice in life, but try to remember where we would be with out him!
And your're not on your own.
CC;)

Re: Is it bad? 3 years 9 months ago #35755

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
ok, so i'm kind of getting over this whole wanting to leaving the church thing. something from my devotional really helped me out.

It is no time now to sink down beneath discouragement and trial; we must bear up under all our afflictions, and trust wholly in the Almighty God of Jacob...

-Ellen G. White

so i hope this helps anybody else who is feeling discouraged.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds