Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Songs of Solomon

The Songs of Solomon 4 years 3 months ago #30543

• myobramona
  • Thank you received: 5
I have never heard a sermon on the Songs Of Solomon.I never even knew it existed until I read the bible on my own.The first time I read it,I was blushing alot :blush: . Then the second time around it made me fall in love with Jesus and is my favourite book in the bible.When you really read it, it's God's love letter to his people. My questions are "have you ever read the songs of solomon?". Why isn't it preached today in churches? :dry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Songs of Solomon 3 years 11 months ago #33687

• SdaLegacy
I have read it. Great poetry! I think it is not preached about because of its rather questionable comparisons.(you've read it so you know what I mean)and you also have to take in consideration that the lover writing it was actually in love with another human.But you're right it is a good book.

Re: The Songs of Solomon 3 years 9 months ago #36014

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
I think it's not preached because people consider it inappropriate. However, I do not think it is actually inappropriate; it is showing a love relationship. @SdaLegacy : While it IS humans in relationship in the book, our relationships and our love are dim reflections of God's love. I think Song of Solomon is meant to show how much God loves us.
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds