Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MISSION TRIPS!!! :D :) :D :) :D :)!!!! (part 3)

MISSION TRIPS!!! :D :) :D :) :D :)!!!! (part 3) 4 years 4 months ago #29369

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
The first thing I noticed was: wow. It was really humid. Literally, I was wearing impossibly baggy cotton pants and I was sweating, and we hadn't even left the plane. But then again, that's what you get when you go to Central America, almost smack-dab on the Equator.
One thing that had amazed me on the plane was all the open space. There were so few trees missing, unlike here in the United States. There were so few gaps, and a third of those gaps housed ancient Mayan temples and amazing pyramids. It was one of the greatest views of God's creation I had ever seen.
When we ascended through the clouds and I got my first view, it took my breath away. It was so beautiful and untouched. It was all teal because of the foggy day, but it cleared up by the time we landed.
Anyways, the downtown area by the airport wasn't really that much to see. About a mile from the airport was a Shell station, shiny, all yellow and red. With plastic. And metal. Most of the buildings in Belize are made of cinder blocks stuffed and coated with cement.
We stuffed our duffel bags and carry-on suitcases into a large bus. It was kind of freaky because the back wheels were about right in the middle of the vehicle. And another thought we all had: there was no air conditioning and it was a 2 hour drive. I tried to doodle, but if you ever have the misfortune of going over a central American speed bump, you'll understand. They're taller than they are wide, and if you hit it at more than 10 miles an hour you'll fly into the air. (no kidding)
The road wasn't paved.
Along the way, houses dotted clearings. They were eensy weensy. Like the size of your bedroom eensy weensy. Some of them were corrugated alluminum, some were wood, and some were the average material: concrete stuffed cinder blocks.
By the time we reached the college, it was dark and we were pooped beyond all belief. We unloaded our stuff and ran to the kitchen for a supper of soupy black beans and chips. It was really nice, even though I got my first couple dozen bug bites that night. Nice.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MISSION TRIPS!!! :D :) :D :) :D :)!!!! (part 3) 4 years 4 months ago #29421

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
PLease??? Pretty please with a cherry on top? I'll cry my heart out if you don't finish... waaaaaaaa (lol)
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: MISSION TRIPS!!! :D :) :D :) :D :)!!!! (part 3) 4 years 4 months ago #29494

• fillylove
  • Thank you received: 93
You are a super awesome writer! I totally want to hear the rest of the story! Please write the next part!
Katie
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds