Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I wanna be baptized, but...

Re: I wanna be baptized, but... 4 years 5 months ago #28367

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
Picklepuppy9, her's what I would do:

I would make the decision to anyway. God will work through you even if you are shy! God will you help you shine for Him even though you may be shy! Pray about it. Let God lead.

By the way, one point. Baptism isn't what will get you to Heaven, faith will. But baptism is important to your walk with God because it is showing everyone that you have accepted GOd into your life!
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I wanna be baptized, but... 4 years 5 months ago #28391

God will give you strength you just have to take the first step
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: I wanna be baptized, but... 4 years 5 months ago #28416

I'm a lot like you so I chose to be baptized in the local river, rather than at our church, so that I could keep the number of people small and confined to mostly my friends and family. This was still a bit scary, but it made me feel more comfortable so perhaps something like that could work for you. I have a number of friends who were baptized in lakes and rivers as well. If you make the invitations private you can eliminate the people who make you so nervous. Plus, when you're soaking wet nobody will know you're sweating ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: purple_A

Re: I wanna be baptized, but... 4 years 5 months ago #28421

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 185
Don't think about the people that are watching you, just look at the pastor and at no one else then it will be fine.

P.S. Maybe you can I have a private baptism but I think its best to show people and God how much you love him enough to be in front of them and get baptized. I've not been baptized yet but I think that is what you should do if you want to be baptized. ;)

Re: I wanna be baptized, but... 4 years 5 months ago #28444

• Silverstar
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi picklepuppy9! I was baptized last year in August. It was a wonderful experience!!! :woohoo:
Ok, to the shy business. First of all, why?? To know exactly why you want to get baptized might help you to see the importance of this event. Second, I was nervous when I got baptized too! I was so nervous that I didn't eat any breakfast! One thing that helped me with the nervousness, was that I didn't say anything. I prepared my testimony, and my pastor read it. Then, my "aunt" (she is really my mom's cousin's wife) actually baptized me. So who is another point to think about. Have you done your baptismal studies yet? Or are you going to do them after baptism, or not at all? You might want to do the studies with a friend, and then have the friend in the tank with you so that you have somebody who you are close to with you. Third, I had my baptism during the church service, but some people have it at a river or maybe you could have it at the church after service. So where is important. I personally like the tank because it is really nice and warm! If you have it some time other than during church, you would have a good amount of people (close friends, family, people who encourage you) but probably not as many people as during church. But don't forget to check with your parents!!!

Hope this helped!

Silverstar
~ Silver star :)

Re: I wanna be baptized, but... 4 years 5 months ago #28450

• Reckless
  • Thank you received: 37
Just because you were not baptized, does not mean that you won't make it into heaven. :huh:
Baptism is just a public announcement that you've accepted Christ as your saviour.
Trust me, God knows if you accepted Him even if you weren't baptized. ;)
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds