Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Predestination

No, I don't 18 94.7%
Yes, I do 1 5.3%
Total number of voters: 19 ( Mp137, 12pearlygates, Emerl2, GodsFaithWarrior#1, rolltideman2 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Predestination

Predestination 4 years 6 months ago #27501

Do any of you beleive in predestination?... My sister has had debates all year about it. :huh:
4,10... :+)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #27520

i do not belive in predestination
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #27755

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1214
It is 100% unbiblical. Predestination is the belief that God determined who gets saved before the beginning of time. This can't possibly be true, because it wasn't God's plan for us humans to even need salvation. Also, Peter, Paul and Jesus are very clear in what you must do to be saved.
Jesus: You must be born again to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Peter and Paul were more descriptive, saying what exaclty being born again meant.

Peter: Believe in the Lord Jesus, you and your household, and you will be saved.
Paul: If anyone says in his heart that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that he was raised from the dead, he will be saved.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #27774

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I do not believe in predestination. We have choices in our lives.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #27852

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
Predestination has somewhat confused me. There's the one type of predestination like TheJaguar said, where God determines who gets saved before the beginning of time, but God knows the end from the beginning. Right? So in that case, God knows whether or not we'll be saved. Does that make us predestined? Because God knows what will happen to us. Doesn't He?

someone explain to me poor brain! lol it's been going in circles with this question.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2, cool12, Quirky

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #27873

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2978
it seems cruel to think that God already planned who was going to go to heaven and who was going to hell. if that was the case, then whats the point of trying? God said that we have choices, but he also knows what we're going to choose. So i guess its just that God knows who will choose him and who won't. its kind of like this: God knows about person 1 and person 2. person 1 loves God and chooses to follow him always, but person 2 doesn't. but even after person 2 chooses not to follow Him, God still tries to get him to follow Him.

does that make any sense?

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #27880

• cool12
  • Surf's up! :D
  • Thank you received: 101
Guys, I read somewhere in one of Ellen White's books (which im very sorry i forgot the name, ill have to ask my mom) and Ellen was saying how our human minds cannot comprehend certain things, it is beyond what our sinful human brain can understand.Only when we get to heaven our minds will be able to understand such things... (like what was before God?)
~COOL12~

Surfin' a wave! B-)

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28045

• Hyperactive247
  • Psalms 34:7
  • Thank you received: 140
@DaughterofGod12, and many others who have this question.

yes, he does know the beginning from the end. But it doesn't mean he is going to tell our future!

I mean, think about it:

If God comes over to us and says, "Hey (name), you aren't going to heaven! So you don't need to worry about trying to get to me, cuz you aren't goin' anyway!" You'd probably just mope around and give up and to the worst things to yourself as much as possible. Then it is guaranteed that you wouldn't go to heaven... that make sense, right?

Here's another idea:

"Hey (name), you're going to heaven! So you don't need to worry if you make a mistake, you are still coming to be with me!" Then there would be a BIG excuse to do the worst things possible--but hey! You'd still be going to heaven... right?

You get my point... right?
Let's eat some cookies together! *nibbles on spare cookie*

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28108

• DaughterOfGod13
Godslittlegirl wrote:
it seems cruel to think that God already planned who was going to go to heaven and who was going to hell. if that was the case, then whats the point of trying? God said that we have choices, but he also knows what we're going to choose. So i guess its just that God knows who will choose him and who won't. its kind of like this: God knows about person 1 and person 2. person 1 loves God and chooses to follow him always, but person 2 doesn't. but even after person 2 chooses not to follow Him, God still tries to get him to follow Him.

does that make any sense?

yaa, but God already knows whether the person will accept Him. God could look into the future and see a person do a certain thing if He helped them now, and it's not what He wanted, so He wouldn't do anything because it wouldn't do anything. Right? I mean, I know that God doesn't predestine us anywhere, but since He knows what we're going to do, it almost seems like predestination
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28110

• DaughterOfGod13
Hyperactive247 wrote:
@DaughterofGod12, and many others who have this question.

yes, he does know the beginning from the end. But it doesn't mean he is going to tell our future!

I mean, think about it:

If God comes over to us and says, "Hey (name), you aren't going to heaven! So you don't need to worry about trying to get to me, cuz you aren't goin' anyway!" You'd probably just mope around and give up and to the worst things to yourself as much as possible. Then it is guaranteed that you wouldn't go to heaven... that make sense, right?

Here's another idea:

"Hey (name), you're going to heaven! So you don't need to worry if you make a mistake, you are still coming to be with me!" Then there would be a BIG excuse to do the worst things possible--but hey! You'd still be going to heaven... right?

You get my point... right?

yupp :) but still, God knows what we're going to do - whether we're going to reject Him or accept Him - so something I don't understand is if there's a person (named "1") who is rejecting Christ now, so God looks into the future and knows that if He sends a Bible worker to 1's house and tries to get them to be converted, it wouldn't work. Would God still try and convert that person? I don't know... it's confusing. :P

But you know, this is the problem that Lucifer had in Heaven. Trying to understand the mysteries of God that were meant only for God to know. That's what got him into trouble. So I'll just have to leave it up to God for now. :) Rest contented that God is doing what is best for us, because I know He is. :) Thanks, everyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hyperactive247

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28123

• Godsadvicegiver12
"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified." -Romans 8:29-30

Let me put it this way: We are predestined to be in Jesus's image. We are all in the image of Jesus. God knows what our future is going to be, but like Binoepic15 said, He doesn't tell us our future. He doesn't say "You're not going to go to Heaven" becaus then we would just do terrible stuff with our lives.

I am not completely clear on this topic either... It's kinda fuzzy...It's something that I'm gonna need to study more on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28162

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
It is fuzzy. Personally, what it means that God knows the future is that he knows the choices we are going to have to make, and the outcomes of what happens if we do make those choices.

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28194

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
I believe that God knows the future. I also believe that We are responsible for our choices. God gives us every chance he can to get us to follow Him. He knows the future, but the future is determined by how we act- We have the chance, lets take it.

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28200

• Godsadvicegiver12
I ask the local church pastor about this. He shared an article with me, and I went to that site, read that article, and found another one about predestination and foreknowledge. This is an article, 4 pages including the credits page, but really only 3 pages of reading, by Kwabena Donkor. I found the article on an Adventist website, so it is an Adventist article and does follow the Adventist beliefs.

adventistbiblicalresearch.org/sites/defa...f/Predestination.pdf

It uses some pretty big words, so keep a dictionary nearby (LOL) but I think that it will help you because I think that it helped me. :-)

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28224

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
Here are some verses that counteract Predestination theory:

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people (Titus 2:11).

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time (1 Timothy 2:3-6).

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall (1 Corinthians 10:12)!

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28240

• DaughterOfGod13
Godsadvicegiver11 wrote:
I ask the local church pastor about this. He shared an article with me, and I went to that site, read that article, and found another one about predestination and foreknowledge. This is an article, 4 pages including the credits page, but really only 3 pages of reading, by Kwabena Donkor. I found the article on an Adventist website, so it is an Adventist article and does follow the Adventist beliefs.

It uses some pretty big words, so keep a dictionary nearby (LOL) but I think that it will help you because I think that it helped me. :-)

Thanks a lot - that did help. For anyone who doesn't want to read the entire thing, this is their summary of the Biblical view of predestination:

"The biblical God, being the kind of God who knows the end from the beginning (Isa 46:9-10), decided to create the world, knowing that there will be the fall. The Bible does not tell us why God still decided to create in spite of this knowledge. Because of His foreknowledge He decided upon (predestined) a plan, an activity through which the fall will be remedied. This plan, although hatched before creation, to be carried out in human history, was not implemented until a certain time was fulfilled (Gal 4:4). The plan envisaged redemption and restoration only ‘in Christ;’ His life, death, and resurrection, through the enabling and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit. Since God’s foreknowledge of future events does not mean He predetermines every future event, all are genuinely free to respond to His plan positively or negatively. No destiny of individuals is fixed from eternity on the basis of God’s decision (predestination). Hence, predestination is not in the technical sense a cause of salvation; predestination is the context within which God has made salvation graciously possible based on individual choices.....The Bible teaches a doctrine of predestination which is based on God’s foreknowledge of individual future choices. Basically, predestination is God’s decision to put in place a plan to save His yet to be created world. The nature of God’s knowledge of the future does not have to be understood in strict analogical terms to human knowing (open view) or along classical Greek philosophical lines. God’s ability to know events that have not yet occurred in a way that does not condition outcomes is perhaps the key unresolved problem in predestination. But isn’t this capacity that which distinguishes Him as God?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Godsadvicegiver12

Re: Predestination 4 years 5 months ago #28250

• InspiredThinker
  • NOW ONLINE
DaughterOfGod12 wrote:
Godsadvicegiver11 wrote:

Thanks a lot - that did help. For anyone who doesn't want to read the entire thing, this is their summary of the Biblical view of predestination:

"The biblical God, being the kind of God who knows the end from the beginning (Isa 46:9-10), decided to create the world, knowing that there will be the fall. The Bible does not tell us why God still decided to create in spite of this knowledge. Because of His foreknowledge He decided upon (predestined) a plan, an activity through which the fall will be remedied. This plan, although hatched before creation, to be carried out in human history, was not implemented until a certain time was fulfilled (Gal 4:4). The plan envisaged redemption and restoration only ‘in Christ;’ His life, death, and resurrection, through the enabling and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit. Since God’s foreknowledge of future events does not mean He predetermines every future event, all are genuinely free to respond to His plan positively or negatively. No destiny of individuals is fixed from eternity on the basis of God’s decision (predestination). Hence, predestination is not in the technical sense a cause of salvation; predestination is the context within which God has made salvation graciously possible based on individual choices.....The Bible teaches a doctrine of predestination which is based on God’s foreknowledge of individual future choices. Basically, predestination is God’s decision to put in place a plan to save His yet to be created world. The nature of God’s knowledge of the future does not have to be understood in strict analogical terms to human knowing (open view) or along classical Greek philosophical lines. God’s ability to know events that have not yet occurred in a way that does not condition outcomes is perhaps the key unresolved problem in predestination. But isn’t this capacity that which distinguishes Him as God?"

Ellen White wrote that God's plan of salvation was drawn out before the fall, but was instantly put into action after the fall.

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Re: Predestination 4 years 4 months ago #29614

• Roll Tide Man
  • Romans 6:23
  • Thank you received: 230
If Predestination was true... It would be a very sad meaningless world.
Every time you run into a spider web, pretend its a finish line. It's kinda hard to be terrified when you're too busy being a champion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds