Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: i fear it..... and i don't know why...

i fear it..... and i don't know why... 4 years 7 months ago #25567

i don't know why, but i have this fear of eternity. every time i think of it, i start shaking and start crying. i get scared and try not to think about it. i tried reading a book called "this thing called fear" by Marjorie Lewis Lloyd, but i just don't feel any better. and every time my family brings it up, i start feeling sick to the point i feel like throwing up. i know i shouldn't be scared, but i just dont know why i am..... please help me...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: i fear it..... and i don't know why... 4 years 7 months ago #25618

dani10 first what exactly is it about eternity you fear?
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12

Re: i fear it..... and i don't know why... 4 years 7 months ago #25677

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
do you mean eternity as the end of time or eternity as in the concept of eteral life over eternal death?
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12

Re: i fear it..... and i don't know why... 4 years 6 months ago #25696

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 782
Hey, I'm sure God can help, talk to God about your fears- He understands and He wants to help you. I'll pray for you and I'm sure other people on guide will too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GodLover2000

Re: i fear it..... and i don't know why... 4 years 6 months ago #25758

ya eternity is sort of weird to think about. i mean, time just goes on and on and on and it never ends...sorry i am probably making u feel worse! :sick: :( but just imagine that God will be with u during eternity. isnt that cool?!u will get to talk to him face-to-face. and we will be in heaven, where all the food will taste REALLY good and where all the animals will act nice. personally, i wouldnt want anything that awesome to end! but if the thought of a never-ending time period still freaks you out, you should pray about it. tell God how u feel (even though He probably already knows ;) ) He will be able to help you. dont worry dani10: when eternity DOES come, I have a feeling that u wont feel sick about it. ;) :P B)
"Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."--1 Timothy 4:12
The following user(s) said Thank You: cool12, Quirky, Going4God, LovelyLaugh

Re: i fear it..... and i don't know why... 3 years 6 months ago #38586

notturningaside wrote:

The fact that it goes on forever without stopping.

i fear it..... and i don't know why... 3 years 5 months ago #38612

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
I have the exact same feeling. Well, when I was 5. I think the reason to this mystery, is that we humans are used to a beginning, and an END. We need a FINISH, and since eternity has no FINISH, its a problem for humanity in its CURRENT state, which is a sinful world, with a beginning and an end. Heavenly, or sinless, beings, have no such qualities, which makes them afraid, of practically nothing. One mystery about eternity, is space. if its expanding, in what is it expanding in. So I think, we are scared, that we will have an eternal life of problems. But that's human, sinful, thinking. In a heavenly, pure, thinking, its amazing, to be eternal. In the beginning, we were created to NEVER have an END. Thats the beauty of eternity. Thanks for reading.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky

Re: i fear it..... and i don't know why... 3 years 5 months ago #38615

• JustMe
  • I'm a human.
  • Thank you received: 188
dani10 wrote:
notturningaside wrote:

The fact that it goes on forever without stopping.

I personally can't wrap my head around the "no beginning" property that God has, but I'm sure we'll understand it in Heaven. For now, I just try to not think about it ;)
"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real" – Jaden Smith
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds