Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can you believe it?????

Re: Can you believe it????? 4 years 6 months ago #24636

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
You guys, we need to talk about the pope in a kind and respectful way, or we're just as supposedly "evil" as he is if we aren't talking about him in a Christian way. I don't want to see anyone calling anyone else evil - that's just wrong. Perhaps the pope does have things wrong, but big deal! We need to respect him as a leader, even if he's not leading people the way we think he should, he still deserves respect.

"Honor your father and your mother..." suppose your father or mother did something wrong, or asked you to do something bad. Pastor Doug explained it in a good way - you can say no without being disrespectful. Same thing with the pope. We can disagree with him and the things he teaches while still being respectful and referring to him politely and in a Christian way.

Don't misunderstand me here, though. I'm not saying that what the pope teaches is in any way correct or that we should give up Adventisim and all become nuns and priests! I'm just saying that we can disagree with him while at the same time treating him like Jesus would.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker, tim33

Re: Can you believe it????? 4 years 6 months ago #24638

@ daughterofgod12 Amen
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: Can you believe it????? 4 years 6 months ago #24811

• tim33
  • I love playing cricket and learning about God
  • Thank you received: 781
I will let God judge, God knows the pope much better than we do. It's not our place to judge other people. I don't want to say how God should judge. I trust that He is a fair judge.

Although i don't neccessarily agree with what the Catholic Church teaches, I recognise that there are many good Catholics who sincerely want to follow God, and who am I to claim that they are lost? I believe God sees the heart, and he is capable of judging according to that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: notturningaside, InspiredThinker, DaughterOfGod13, purple_A

Re: Can you believe it????? 4 years 6 months ago #24817

@tim33 amen
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim33

Re: Can you believe it????? 4 years 6 months ago #24821

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
tim33 wrote:
I will let God judge, God knows the pope much better than we do. It's not our place to judge other people. I don't want to say how God should judge. I trust that He is a fair judge.

Although i don't neccessarily agree with what the Catholic Church teaches, I recognise that there are many good Catholics who sincerely want to follow God, and who am I to claim that they are lost? I believe God sees the heart, and he is capable of judging according to that.

Ellen White said;
"There are true Christians in every Church...who sincerely believe that the day of worship is Sunday."
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaughterOfGod13, Quirky

Re: Can you believe it????? 2 years 3 months ago #48311

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 330
I agree with all that you guys said. Sorry I said he was evil. I misheard what my dad said and I was much younger then(2 yeasrs ago) and I realize I was wrong. Sorry if I was oo sensitive and I know so much and understand more now then I did then.
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Re: Can you believe it????? 2 years 3 months ago #48347

• Cool Cat
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Thank you received: 224
I don't know what to day.
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)

Can you believe it????? 2 years 3 months ago #48367

• Birdie500
  • No one understands my love for that horse smell...
  • Thank you received: 311
Amen tim33 but I do know that some Sunday keepers know the true day. For example, they tried to hide the words of the Bible, translating it to Latin, so that people couldn't read the truth. That's when William Tyndale came along and stood up for God
To ride on a horse is to fly without wings. XD
In my life, be lifted high
In our world, be lifted high
In our love, be lifted high
Random lyrics in my signature cause I'm weird XD
----Channy----

Can you believe it????? 1 year 7 months ago #56516

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
LOL looking at this old topic I made makes me laugh... I was way too sensitive! :cheer:
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

Can you believe it????? 1 year 6 months ago #56624

• sekayi_101
  • i am a PK and i love it!
  • Thank you received: 96
update:
apparently, that thing about the pope having a SDA brother, is a lie... All over the internet there is stuff saying it was not true. You guys can check out these websites:

blog.theotokos.co.za/?p=2616
www.facebook.com/TheAdventistChurch/posts/10151523524836120

and see what it says. these rumours were said to be started by a YouTube sermon in which Hugo Gambetta makes these claims. So he started it all. :) anyways...just what I found out.

Up to the hill of Calvary
My Savior went courageously
and there he bled and died for me
Hallelujah for the cross
-Newsboys Hallelujah For The Cross

Can you believe it????? 1 year 6 months ago #56658

• InspiredThinker
  • He changed my life and now I'm free
  • Thank you received: 1208
mittens92999 wrote:
LOL looking at this old topic I made makes me laugh... I was way too sensitive! :cheer:

Lol we all have posts on this site that are…regrettable.
Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the needy and oppressed.
-Proverbs 31:6

#LetUsBeDissatisfied
#BlackLivesMatter

Can you believe it????? 1 year 6 months ago #56681

I'm not "judging", but I have studied prophecy and things and I do see a connection to the roman catholic church...specifically, the pope. "The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast." Revelation 13:3. You guys don't have to agree with me, but this is what I believe. And I'm not looking down on Catholics either...I know some and they're really nice and stuff...I'm just saying that I've studied and watched some of the things that the pope has said and done and I believe that there is a connection. I also studied it at a Pathfinder Camporee too.
Anyway... :) I don't want to offend anyone...that's not my intent at all. Just thought I'd share my beliefs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sekayi_101

Can you believe it????? 1 year 6 months ago #56709

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1941
InspiredThinker wrote:
mittens92999 wrote:

Lol we all have posts on this site that are…regrettable.

To say the least...
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Can you believe it????? 1 year 6 months ago #57249

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
You are all mislead. The Bible is very clear about who the Antichrist system is, we know its the Papacy.

-15 years old

Can you believe it????? 1 year 5 months ago #57476

• bboy13
  • Thank you received: 2
I think your dad is right. If you read in Daniel 7 vs 25 it says

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute[d] the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

Also in Rev 17 vs 3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. 5 And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS
OF THE EARTH.

6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.

We as Seventh Day Adventists believe that the papacy is the little horn of Daniel and the Harlot of Revelation. The Pope is the visible head of this system and is leader of it. It is not my job to judge him as the bible already has judged him. For me to suggest that the pope is deceived and does not know what he is doing when he tortured and burned at the stake millions of protestant Christians is ridiculous. Evil men orchestrated St Bartholomews day massacre and the inquisitions, these were not the result of chance or good men caught up in the moment. Only God judges the hearts of men, but we must judge behaviour . We should treat everyone with kindness and love even if they are persecuting us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Can you believe it????? 3 months 3 weeks ago #80401

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
#OperationTimeTravel- Nobody ever responded to this guy's opinion. What do u all think abut him?

-15 years old
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds