Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Study It!!

Study It!! 4 years 10 months ago #19213

The first Topic of study will be books. which ones are OK for the Christian? I would like as much as possible for there to be less opinion and more fact.In other words try to back your opinion with the Bile Spirit Of Prophesy or other reliable source. So instead of debating a topic we will study that topic And try to come to a satisfactory conclusion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quirky, Reckless

Re: Study It!! 4 years 5 months ago #27527

• SamanthaS.
  • Thank you received: 92
I don't have a solid answer for you. It really depends on the person. No matter what any answer you get will still be highly opinionated, as this isn't the kind of thing that gets facts. I'm also replying to this topic because I want to see other people's opinions too. I'll just say, if it fits the description in Plillipians 4:8, I guess it's all right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reckless

Re: Study It!! 4 years 5 months ago #28253

I gess your right. so opinion is unuvoidable but what I wanted was mainly a study atmosphere and not a debating one.

Re: Study It!! 4 years 5 months ago #28332

• Reckless
  • Thank you received: 37
I like the verse SamanthaS. mentioned.

Philippians 4:8 (NIV) ''Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.''

Books are very very influential. I've learned from personal experience that books influence the mind greatly. I love to read and when I read horror books, I THINK to much on it and get scared.. cautious.. and it was all because of the book. Now, I think the verse is trying to say that we should think or dwell on good and lovely things. Not zombie and vampire fights. I do think that it is okay to read those kinds of books as long as it will not influence and distract us from what is right and pure. It's hard to pray at night before you go to bed when you are to busy thinking if Slenderman is behind you.

James 3:15 (NIV) "Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil.''

This verse is basicaly saying that there is an earthly wisdom, and there is a heavenly wisdom. Books hold knowledge and wisdom. Depending on the types of books we read will determine whether it's OK to read as a Christian.

Anyone disagree or agree?
BTW this is a nice study. ;)
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds