Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries?

Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 10 months ago #18746

• mounty5
  • Thank you received: 27
What I don't understand is why God talked in parables, why didn't he just explain it out so the multitude could understand, otherwise maybe they wouldn't understand it EVER.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: puff

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 10 months ago #19182

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
If the multitude was listening to God and really trying to be close to him they WOULD understand it. They wouldn't understand it if they weren't trying to be God's and wanted to stay in their sins.
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 10 months ago #19188

• MonikaJon
  • Thank you received: 26
In Matthew 13:10-17 it says...
The Purpose of Parables
10And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
11He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:
‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.’
16But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5, Quirky, dmdainty, im a beekeeper

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 10 months ago #19192

• lsamano
  • Thank you received: 20
A parable is a short story that uses familiar events to illustrate a religious or ethical point. Matthew 13 provides a great answer to your question. Jesus told people parables because that was the way they could understand what He had to say. You'll notice that he also explained the meaning of the parables. For an explanation of the Parable of the Sower see Matthew 13:18-23.

Many of us are not farmers, so we find it difficult to understand, for example, the Parable of the Sower. People in His day were very familiar with planting and harvesting, that is why Jesus used that parable to illustrate spiritual concepts.

I know this is not possible, but let's imagine that I traveled in time and told Jesus' disciples a parable of the iPod. The disciples wouldn't understand it! If I told you a parable of the iPod, you would understand it because you are familiar with iPods.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by lsamano.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mounty5, InspiredThinker, Quirky, dmdainty

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 10 months ago #19200

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
One of the reasons we may not understand all of the parables in the Bible, is because culture was different back then. Jesus may have used examples that we woulnd't understand today, but they would because they had a whole different culture, different jobs, different clothes, no electronics or electricty even.

Jesus parables can often be understood by careful study, even reading them over and over in deep concentration.
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by lsamano.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skite

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 10 months ago #19240

• DaughterOfGod13
  • Hawaii :) :) :)
  • Thank you received: 844
Isamano pretty much nailed it. one other reason is that Jesus wants us to use our minds :)
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding!

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 10 months ago #19445

so that the farmers and poor people would understand. sorta :)
:)

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 4 years 1 month ago #32593

• mounty5
  • Thank you received: 27
Thanks eveyrone! I understand a lot better now.

-Joseph B) B)

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 3 years 11 months ago #33669

• SdaLegacy
also Parables they can retain and would remember when they saw the subjects of the parables in every day life.

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 3 years 10 months ago #35037

• Skite
  • Science and LEGO Bricks. Oh and sleep.
  • Thank you received: 604
I think God wants to make it fun for us and to not let us get bored. I also think he does not want to give secrets very easily. You know that when you know a secret that it isnt so fun because the secret cant be a secret. Because its fun trying to know what it is until a certain time, right? Maybe God wants to do the same way.
So let me sing for the love
Let me love for the lost
Let me lose all I have
For what I found on the cross
Let me trust you with my life
Let me live to give you praise
Lord, let me praise you
For the grace by which I'm saved
Lord, let me sing

- Chorus of "Let me sing" by Andrew Peterson

Re: Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 3 years 8 months ago #36384

• puff
  • Thank you received: 2
He talked in parables so people can understand what He was saying,He also gives us the meaning of what He said,so dont get cofused. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: emmy01

Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 1 year 3 months ago #59807

• #JesusKnowsMeThisILove
  • Jesus. Purple. Donuts. Mustaches. Family. Friends.
  • Thank you received: 9
We learned about this today in Sabbath School. If Jesus spoke so plainly in the Bible then the enemies would figure it out and would try to find every way possible to make that not happen.Maybe by either burning Bibles so nobody would read it or make laws telling them to disobey the Word of God. If we really want to know the what the parables meaning is then we can ask Jesus to guide us and send us the Holy Spirit to help us understand.
You may not have a special life.... But you make life special.
Ps. I got that from a TV show!

Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 1 year 3 weeks ago #62485

• Peach1
  • I love God, my Bible, my family, and my church
  • Thank you received: 86
Hey @JesusKnowsMeThisILove I know this is totally out-of-this-world random but, I looked at your profile and saw we were born in the same year, but you're 5 months older than me. :side:

Why does God always talk in Parables and in Mysteries? 1 year 1 week ago #63527

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
Matthew 13:10-17/b]

The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’
But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds