Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do we know?

How do we know? 4 years 11 months ago #16518

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
Every Adventist has heard that hard times are coming, the end is near, that Jesus could come any year now, maybe even in 2014 or something. But how do we know that means that Jesus is coming so soon? I do believe that hard times are very near, but Jesus said He was coming soon ever since he went back up to heaven, which was when...about 2000 years ago? And hard times have come and gone so many times, like the World War 1 and 2 and all the other wars, or The Great Depression. Or even shortly after Jesus went up to heaven there were extremely difficult times. I mean, I know that we can't know exactly when He's coming, but how do we know that Jesus is going to come in a few years from now or at least a decade or something, and not a couple hundred more years? Or maybe even another 1000? I guess I'm just losing faith or something.
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do we know? 4 years 11 months ago #16629

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 185
You shouldn't lose faith.......let me explain ;)

If you look at Daniel chapter 8 God explained to Daniel what will happen to His people in the last days. As we follow the prophetic time periods given by God we will come to understand the closeness of Jesus' coming we learn within the 2,300 day prophesy that there is a time period which states "the time of the end". The 1,260 days (years) is the time prophesy which God said a certain power ( papal power) would reign for 1,260 years that period started in 538 A.D. when you add it up it comes to 1798 it was there that the pope was taken in captivity and his power was taken away ( the Vatican ). When we go to Revelation 13 we pick up the second part of the papal power. The beast which comes out of the sea had a deadly wound, that wound would be healed; this happened in 1929 when the Italian priminister signed a treaty hand in back the vatican to the pope of that time. Here is seen the beginning of the healing process of the deadly wound. The next part of the 2,300 day prophesy which is important to remember is when that ended. The 2,300 day prophesy started in 457 B.C. and when you add 2,300 it takes you to to 1843, but we must remember that a year is missed between B.C. and A.D. So 1843 add 1 takes us to 1844. In Revelation 10 shows us that there would be a great disapointment at that time and it is here that The Angel of the Lord ( Jesus states there will be time no longer. This tells us that we are now living on burrowed time so we now believe that Jesus' coming is immenent so why has he not come? Matthew 28:19-20 tells us that the gospel shall be preached through all the world as a witness and then Jesus will come God is waiting for us to finish the work in the meantime, signs mentioned in Revelation are being fulfilled to show us just how close the gospel has reached through all the world. We must not give up hope now for our redemption draws near this is why it is important to study the prophesies of Daniel and Revelation for it will keep you focused the disciple Peter says in 2 Peter 19 that we have a more sure word of truth than even our own eye witness. That means even though it doesn't look like things are going to happen according to prophesy it will certainly will i am happy that my Parents are teaching me the prophesies found in the bible.

I Hope this helps you feel more confident in knowing Jesus is coming very soon.

God bless :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dogluvergirl101

Re: How do we know? 4 years 11 months ago #16716

you must remember that God is eternal and that a year is like a minute to Him so when He said behold I am coming soon and my reward is with me He meant it and if a year is like a minute for Him than the approx 6000 years since creation hasn't even been a full week yet so He is coming soon maybee not in our life time but he is coming soon
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I wish to run a rescue mission within a yard of hell." -- C.T Studd 20th century missionary

Re: How do we know? 4 years 11 months ago #16732

• Hadassa
  • Thank you received: 244
we know because if you look in the bible (revalation maybe) it says what'll happen at the end times. some of the things have been fufilled a long time ago, but we know now because the world is sadly turning for the worst.

pray to God and read your bible often, and regain your faith.

hope i helped!!
~Bethany
:D

Re: How do we know? 4 years 11 months ago #16753

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
dogluvergirl101, just have faith in God! Check out this link. I think that it will reallyu help you.

www.whiteestate.org/issues/secure.asp

MODERATORS, CAN I PLEASE POST THIS LINK???
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)

Re: How do we know? 3 years 1 month ago #41224

• dogluvergirl101
  • Shakespeare is awesome. Just sayin'. #theatrekid
  • Thank you received: 101
ok i know it's been almost a year since i posted this but incase someone sees this i guess i shouldn't have said 'losing faith' i wasn't losing faith i knew he's coming i was just wondering why we think it's sooooo soon instead of another like 2000 years (and you all really have helped me see that it is indeed veeeerrrry soon i'm so excited!) yeah just clearing up that little error...
"Art is when the mind shuts off and the heart takes its turn to speak. Whether it's music, paint, theatre, writing, or what have you; each heart has its own voice.

"What is your heart trying to say?"

- Aunt Katherine from énoument (a quote from a book I'm writing)
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds