Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Halloween

Halloween 5 years 3 weeks ago #12994

• Penelope009
  • John 3:16
  • Thank you received: 37
How do you feel about halloween? Do you celebrate it? Embrace it? How do you reflect to it? Do you celebrate it? Completely
express how you feel about halloween.
GodSwag
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Halloween 5 years 2 weeks ago #13440

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
  • Thank you received: 185
I Don't feel great about Halloween...... :dry: it has evil things in it even though it's supposed to be a fun holiday....... I don't celebrate it and i don't think anyone else should either, it's like Satan's trick to let people celebrate his holiday and think it's fun :unsure: What do you feel about Halloween pene009?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cupcake, mittens92999, Going4God, 12pearlygates

Re: Halloween 5 years 2 weeks ago #13508

• Penelope009
  • John 3:16
  • Thank you received: 37
I never celebrated it, but I used to be mad that I couldn't. But now I know the real meaning of Halloween :sick: , it's another one of Satan's tricks to follow him.
GodSwag
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bree_Gods_Girl, mittens92999

Re: Halloween 5 years 1 week ago #13795

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
Yes, i think it is Satan's trick too ;) anymore questions about Halloween? :)

Re: Halloween 5 years 1 week ago #13804

• trio3
  • I'm...a baby? o_O
  • Thank you received: 577
I HATE IT
Life will always end in closure; unless, of course, it doesn't.

-Unknown

Real Eyes
Realize
Real Lies
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999, 12pearlygates, Nate1246

Re: Halloween 5 years 1 week ago #13852

• Strong_Arm_Luc
  • Hey, how u doing
  • Thank you received: 105
I NEVER CELEBRATED IT!
;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nate1246

Re: Halloween 5 years 1 week ago #13854

• Godsadvicegiver12
  • God is my FOREVER friend! :)
  • Thank you received: 796
I believe that Halloween is the devil's holiday and should not be celebrated by Christians. Some Christians do celebrate it, but with all the yard decorations... it is just not so nice at all! I do not celebrate it whatsoever! I reflect Halloween as I time where the devil gets many footholds. I think that it is a time when it is important, especially important I mean, to share Jesus always! And reflect Him, not Satan!
You don't have to be Goliath to succeed, Little Davids can succeed, too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12

Re: Halloween 5 years 1 week ago #13861

• Gogirl
  • Hi you guys!
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: bad bad bad!!! lol :lol:

Re: Halloween 4 years 11 months ago #16316

• FelineRose
  • Thank you received: 25
Well, this year, I went trick or treating, but I dont want to do it again. I had a pretty creepy experiance. So, not really, but I am sometimes aloud to go trickortreating. :dry:
Shea K. ;)

Re: Halloween 2 years 4 months ago #48313

• mittens92999
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I've got peace like a river in my soul...
  • Thank you received: 343
I don't EVER celebrate Hallwoeen. What do you guy do when trick or treaters come to your doorstep? Do you give them candy? If you give them candy isn't that almost like promoting the holiday though?
2 Timothy 4:7- I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

-15 years old

The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue Tornado

Re: Halloween 2 years 4 months ago #48328

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I love God, reading, helping, and nature
  • Thank you received: 1944
mittens92999 wrote:
I don't EVER celebrate Hallwoeen. What do you guy do when trick or treaters come to your doorstep? Do you give them candy? If you give them candy isn't that almost like promoting the holiday though?

We actually go with some friends to their airport. No one goes there for Halloween.
... Even if it gets me convicted
I’ll still be on my knees with my hands lifted ...
... If saying I believe is out of line
If I’m judged cause I’m gonna give my life
To show the world the love that fills me
Then I want to be Guilty ...
- Guilty by Newsboys

Re: Halloween 2 years 4 months ago #48341

• Cool Cat
  • I love computers and dirt bikes
  • Thank you received: 224
um, I don't like halloween.
My website: HighGearMX.simplesite.com
Dirt bikes+computers= :-)

Halloween 2 years 4 months ago #48380

• mknz12
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
I HATE HALLOWEEN :sick: *shudder* the worst nights are when it lands on a Friday... :dry:
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady

Halloween 2 years 4 months ago #48496

• SRNitro
  • The person above my post is wrong.
  • Thank you received: 425
I really don't have a problem with it. The only problem is when you're REALLY into it. I just go for the treats. I know people are like "IT'S SATAN'S TRICKS YOU'RE ALL BLINDED BY THE DEVIL AND GOING TO HELL!" but if you search it up Christmas is kind of Demonic also. The reason why the date is on December 25 is because that's when the "sun," at the time the sun was like a god, was born. A lot of holidays that are all supposed to be for Jesus and God have some twists to it that originated from ungodly beliefs. I don't think that people actually spend the night going "HAHAHAHA! I'm going to be a witch! I'm going to casting spells and learning demonic things tonight!" That's not what's happening. It's more like "How much can I scare my friends with a freaky costume!" I wouldn't suggest to try to be scary because the only way to be scary is to be like Satan but if you're going to ban Halloween, you might as well ban Christmas and Easter. Just search up "Christmas/Easter is not about Jesus." and there are a lot of passages explaining why they aren't about Jesus. In the end of a Halloween night it's all just a celebration where you can go to new people's houses just getting treats to snack on.
IM LOLING FOR JESUS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLROFLROFLROFL

Halloween 2 years 4 months ago #48653

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • I LOVE writing, and ummm, writing..oh! and writing
  • Thank you received: 2975
@Snitro, you make an excellent point. Why don't we stop celebrating Christmas and Easter as well, seeing that they have pagan origins. I mean think about it. Isn't it hilarious when people are all like, "What? Halloween?!?!? That's Satan's birthday annd its pagan and evil. Obviously!" But then you mention Christmas its like, "Whoa Whoa whoa, hey lets think about this for sec. Christmas is all about Jesus. Yeah it was originally a pagan holiday to celebrate the birth of the sun and Jesus wasn't even born in the winter but...I want presents! I...I mean I want to..um..help people and tell others about Christ and this is the OLNY time I can do it...hehe."

See what I mean?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SRNitro

Halloween 2 years 3 months ago #49419

• SRNitro
Boom! No seriously does anyone have any contradictions to my statement? I want to see other opinions on what I said because the only thing that is against is people just saying "It's Satan's trick to worship him!" Here I'll contradict this statement. Are we really worshiping Satan by dressing up and getting candy? It's like saying that if you go to a African school you are African. You don't have to be African, you're whatever race you are but you attend a African school for semester or year. I mean am I really sinning? Am I sinning? Tell me what I did wrong dressing up as Zorro 2 years ago getting candy from the people in my neighborhood. Tell me what sin I committed. Please if I am doing something wrong I want someone to tell me why so I can consider it and notice my wrongs, if they are wrongs.

Halloween 2 years 3 months ago #49556

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
Boom! No seriously does anyone have any contradictions to my statement? I want to see other opinions on what I said because the only thing that is against is people just saying "It's Satan's trick to worship him!" Here I'll contradict this statement. Are we really worshiping Satan by dressing up and getting candy? It's like saying that if you go to a African school you are African. You don't have to be African, you're whatever race you are but you attend a African school for semester or year. I mean am I really sinning? Am I sinning? Tell me what I did wrong dressing up as Zorro 2 years ago getting candy from the people in my neighborhood. Tell me what sin I committed. Please if I am doing something wrong I want someone to tell me why so I can consider it and notice my wrongs, if they are wrongs.

I think the evil part of Halloween is all the gross decorations such as skeletons, skulls, webs, witches, zombies, ghosts, etc... That is bad because it it represents "living dead" which the Bible says is false. When you go trick or treating, you will be exposed to all that. That is why I think dressing up and getting candy from decorated and even un-decorated houses is bad.
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12, Chickadee

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #49740

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
Here's another way to put it. Please sit back and enjoy the conversation that I and Snitro are having (@snitro let me know if the answers you give that I wrote are false, K?)

Quirky: Why exactly do you go trick or treating on Halloween?

Snitro: because its fun to dress up and get free candy.

Quirky: hmm, interesting. So is candy good for you?

Snitro: um, well...

Quirky: ha! You hesitated! Everyone knows that candy is unhealthy.

Snitro: that's totally a matter of opinion...

Quirky: Sure...,So isn't it true that that Halloween is set up to honor the "living dead" (as MP said) that don't exist? So aren't you in a way honoring the living dead by participating in the activities that were set up by Satan?

At this point I don't know what Snitro would say so I'll leave that to your imagination.

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #49948

• SRNitro
No one believes in living dead though. It's just a way to scare people. It's like if I make a picture of a unicorn. If I make a picture of a unicorn it's not true. So am I sinning now because I made a picture or representation of something that isn't true? Dead just seems more Satan-like that's why people think it's bad. I mean it's just overall a way to scare people. How am I honoring the living dead if almost no one participating in Halloween doesn't believe in living dead, they're just playing along in a game where they try their best to scare people for fun. To think of it, if you say that participating in Halloween honors the living dead that isn't true, wouldn't Christmas be honoring Santa that isn't true? Easter would honor the Easter bunny. Huh. Well have fun! Go tell your parents you can't participate in any of those holidays also! Goodbye!

Oh yeah about the candy thing, I wouldn't say that I would be like, "No, candy isn't good for you what about it?"

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #49971

• mknz12
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Just another one of God's many beloved daughters!
  • Thank you received: 264
SRNitro wrote:
I really don't have a problem with it. The only problem is when you're REALLY into it. I just go for the treats. I know people are like "IT'S SATAN'S TRICKS YOU'RE ALL BLINDED BY THE DEVIL AND GOING TO HELL!" but if you search it up Christmas is kind of Demonic also. The reason why the date is on December 25 is because that's when the "sun," at the time the sun was like a god, was born. A lot of holidays that are all supposed to be for Jesus and God have some twists to it that originated from ungodly beliefs. I don't think that people actually spend the night going "HAHAHAHA! I'm going to be a witch! I'm going to casting spells and learning demonic things tonight!" That's not what's happening. It's more like "How much can I scare my friends with a freaky costume!" I wouldn't suggest to try to be scary because the only way to be scary is to be like Satan but if you're going to ban Halloween, you might as well ban Christmas and Easter. Just search up "Christmas/Easter is not about Jesus." and there are a lot of passages explaining why they aren't about Jesus. In the end of a Halloween night it's all just a celebration where you can go to new people's houses just getting treats to snack on.

Wait wait SRNitro your answer backfires on you :lol: So if you say you don't think people spend Halloween night saying they'll be a witch, that means the same thing with Christmas. I don't think that people actually spend Christmas going 'AHH THE SUN LOOK AT HIM SHINE LET'S WORSHIP HIM!! LET'S OFFER THE SUN SACRIFICES AND BOW DOWN ALL DAY!" That's not what's happening. It's more like "How can I reflect Jesus' love and spread the word about His gift to humanity?" or"How much can I surprise my friends with a thoughtful present!" So... ??
////////////////////////////////////////

You keep me steady when the sky is falling
And I'll keep steady after You,
I'll carry on when my strength is failing
Take heart cause You're with me
So let the stars drop,
Whatever comes I'll be ready
You keep me steady

~for KING & COUNTRY, Steady
The following user(s) said Thank You: mittens92999

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #50007

• SRNitro
Mknz12 Wrote:
SRNitro wrote:

Wait wait SRNitro your answer backfires on you :lol: So if you say you don't think people spend Halloween night saying they'll be a witch, that means the same thing with Christmas. I don't think that people actually spend Christmas going 'AHH THE SUN LOOK AT HIM SHINE LET'S WORSHIP HIM!! LET'S OFFER THE SUN SACRIFICES AND BOW DOWN ALL DAY!" That's not what's happening. It's more like "How can I reflect Jesus' love and spread the word about His gift to humanity?" or"How much can I surprise my friends with a thoughtful present!" So... ??

Yes exactly, they won't that's why I'm saying both of their holidays are fine. No one says they'll be a witch just like they'll be worshiping the sun. That's why I'm saying that's it okay to celebrate these to holidays. You won't be celebrating the devil by participating in Halloween the same way you won't be celebrating the sun when being apart of Christmas.

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #50017

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:
No one believes in living dead though. It's just a way to scare people. It's like if I make a picture of a unicorn. If I make a picture of a unicorn it's not true. So am I sinning now because I made a picture or representation of something that isn't true? Dead just seems more Satan-like that's why people think it's bad. I mean it's just overall a way to scare people. How am I honoring the living dead if almost no one participating in Halloween doesn't believe in living dead, they're just playing along in a game where they try their best to scare people for fun. To think of it, if you say that participating in Halloween honors the living dead that isn't true, wouldn't Christmas be honoring Santa that isn't true? Easter would honor the Easter bunny. Huh. Well have fun! Go tell your parents you can't participate in any of those holidays also! Goodbye!

Oh yeah about the candy thing, I wouldn't say that I would be like, "No, candy isn't good for you what about it?"

Actually, many people do believe in the living dead. It's a very real belief. Also, I do celebrate Christmas and Easter, but my parents never ever taught us to believe in Santa or the Easter bunny. Even when we were little, if someone said, "oh wow! Did Santa bring that to you?" We would give them a weird look. :P
- Guilty by Newsboys
The following user(s) said Thank You: mknz12

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #50059

• Quirky
  • NOW ONLINE
SRNitro wrote:

Yes, snitro, people do believe in the living dead. Where do you think modern day spiritualism came from (look up the Fox sisters)? You have to understand that there are deceived people who, while your out collecting candy in your Zorro costume, are in homes or basements worshiping and talking to demon spirits, whether they think it's their dead mother or a real demon. Now everything we do is of God, or it is of Satan. And everything we do is written in the record books either for our approbation or condemnation. If you analyze your actions on Halloween, you will clearly see that you are working for God or working for Satan. Its your choice.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Quirky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jon01

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #50103

• Nate1246
  • ~LF~ ¤KING¤
  • Thank you received: 43
halloween is the devils birth day sooooooooooooooooo enough said :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Rrrrrrroarrrrrr!!!!!

Halloween 2 years 2 months ago #50140

• Mp137
  • NOW ONLINE
Nate1246 wrote:
halloween is the devils birth day sooooooooooooooooo enough said :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I'm assuming that was a figure of speech? Or were you being literal?
- Guilty by Newsboys
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Mp137. Reason: Just added something
The following user(s) said Thank You: InspiredThinker
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds