Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Friends that present confusing problems!!!!!!!!!

Friends that present confusing problems!!!!!!!!! 5 years 3 months ago #8927

• yubbies21
  • Thank you received: 8
I am confused. I went to summer camp last week. (I am female BTW) I met a girl and we became fast friends. Halfway through the week, she reveals that she is bi-sexual. I went through the week, worried and confused. Thoughts of- Oh-no! What if she gets a crush on me?-how will I keep the friendship without embarrassing her or sending her away?

Anywho- camp ended, us still great friends. I have her email address, she has mine. We've been talking back and forth. But the question is- Is it right according to the bible to have friends who are like this? How can I keep the perilous friendship intact if that terribly strenuous situation should arise? What should I do? Act as if I never knew? Help!
Mile by Mile its a trial
Yard by yard its hard
-But
Inch by inch, It's a cinch!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Friends that present confusing problems!!!!!!!!! 5 years 3 months ago #8989

• purple_A
  • Thank you received: 244
Uhhh, it says in the Bible that if we interact with fools, we end up like them (foolish) but if we interact with the wise, we also end up like them (wise) (read Proverbs 13:20). But it also says in the Bible that we should share God's love to others(read 1 John 4:7). So, I guess you can still be her friend, you can witness to her and stuff. But it's technically your choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emerl2

Re: Friends that present confusing problems!!!!!!!!! 5 years 2 months ago #10777

• sakura
  • Never give up! Fight for what you believe in!
  • Thank you received: 82
John 13:34-35
New International Version (NIV)
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
While the Bible does warn us to be careful, it also says that we must not treat them meanly or not be there friends. We must love them as God loves us, us who are all sinners in different forms. If you choose to ignore her and not be her friend, are you showing her God's love, you must ask yourself. I have many friends who are not "straight" in their sexual orientation but I still love them and am there friend because that is what I think God wishes for me to do. To show them His love as his disciple and daughter. But we must still be careful, remember Jesus interacted with the "worldly" of His time, but He remained true to God.

Re: Friends that present confusing problems!!!!!!!!! 5 years 1 month ago #12278

• CoolDude
  • Thank you received: 65
tell her its awkward and try convince her she is not bisexual do not encourage her in it.try 2 help her by praying with her and tell her it in way that doesnt sound that ur judging her,but u need 2 tell her its wrong 2 like the same sex.And when she says that another girl is hot i guess u could say tell a particular guy is cute(thats just my opinion),but most of all u should pray 4 her.

Re: Friends that present confusing problems!!!!!!!!! 5 years 1 month ago #12629

• dancer4god
  • I love God!
  • Thank you received: 279
Ok. Word of advice, don't push it on her that she's wrong. That drives people away. Another word of advice, actions speak lounder than words. Third, still be her friend. You can really hurt some one by not being their friend anymore.
~God's love, wack-a-doodles, and fluffy poodles~
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds