Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cling-y Little kids

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #104996

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
  • Thank you received: 461
As you guys already know, I'm a teenager. A teenager with deteriorating social skills (you may not have know that). I'm trying to make friends with other teenagers. But many times when there's an activity where I might have a chance to do so, my little kid friends pop up and I'm stuck hanging out with them. Dude, they cling so tightly, though! I'm stuck talking and playing the same things I always talk and play when I'm with them, and I see those kids almost every day! Thus, since I have to hang out with them, I can't go up to a teenager and say, "Hi, I'm sci_geeek. How is your day going?" or any of that. What do I do?
Help!
-- sci_geeek
P.S. Also remember that I don't go to school, so I can't just hang out with classmates or any of that.
melancholic/sanguine ~ infp 2w9 ~ rluan

<> <> <>

old soul, free spirit, and moderate pluviophile
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105016

• Lightness
  • Atheist. Independent French music(some) are cool.
  • Thank you received: 60
sci_geeek wrote:
As you guys already know, I'm a teenager. A teenager with deteriorating social skills (you may not have know that). I'm trying to make friends with other teenagers. But many times when there's an activity where I might have a chance to do so, my little kid friends pop up and I'm stuck hanging out with them. Dude, they cling so tightly, though! I'm stuck talking and playing the same things I always talk and play when I'm with them, and I see those kids almost every day! Thus, since I have to hang out with them, I can't go up to a teenager and say, "Hi, I'm sci_geeek. How is your day going?" or any of that. What do I do?
Help!
-- sci_geeek
P.S. Also remember that I don't go to school, so I can't just hang out with classmates or any of that.
Make more teenager friends and try to act busy with them so they don't bother you? Just an idea.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

DM me in discord: Lightness#8110

Osu! account: osu.ppy.sh/users/29681606

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105018

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
  • Thank you received: 688
Depends on how old you and the little kids are.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105023

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Sometimes "clingy" little kids aren't really clingy. They could actually be looking up to you; but remember, it depends on the age of your kid friends. Kids under the age of 7 tend to idolize someone they're attached to. However, kids 7-9 are more likely to be annoying. And the ones that are 10+, just want a friend. It also depends on their mindsets. How do they think? What do they do often? How do they talk? How do they play with their toys? Say, for instance, you have a child that's messy and has the attention span of a squirrel. Chances are that he's really annoying and clingy. But if there's one that asks you serious questions (not the annoying math questions that kids give like, 4×2=?) and listens to the answers, that means he's like attached to you.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105029

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Ages: 8 - 11
Mindsets: angry easily, think that they're relatable (and excuse me, but being a teen is SO DIFFERENT), and easily get jealous of others if others are allowed to do things they aren't (which sometimes makes things hard because I might have a great friend who they happen to know, and then they're badmouthing my friend for silly reasons).

<> <> <>

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105041

• Lightness
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Sometimes "clingy" little kids aren't really clingy. They could actually be looking up to you; but remember, it depends on the age of your kid friends. Kids under the age of 7 tend to idolize someone they're attached to. However, kids 7-9 are more likely to be annoying. And the ones that are 10+, just want a friend. It also depends on their mindsets. How do they think? What do they do often? How do they talk? How do they play with their toys? Say, for instance, you have a child that's messy and has the attention span of a squirrel. Chances are that he's really annoying and clingy. But if there's one that asks you serious questions (not the annoying math questions that kids give like, 4×2=?) and listens to the answers, that means he's like attached to you.
If you're saying it like squirrels are dumb they are not they can know where they are going to land when they jump in less than a second.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105050

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
If you're saying it like squirrels are dumb they are not they can know where they are going to land when they jump in less than a second.
Okay, squirrels aren't dumb. I mean they get distracted easily.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105051

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek
Make more teenager friends and try to act busy with them so they don't bother you? Just an idea.
Yeah, no.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105065

• Lightness
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Mmm.. it depends.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105072

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Mmm.. it depends.
The kids. They get distracted.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105084

• Lightness
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Mmm.. it depends.
Sometimes.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105095

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
Mmm.. it depends.
Sometimes.
My point. Exactly.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105098

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek
Actually, making teenager friends is not an ideal thing. Do you live in an urban area? Or suburban?

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105121

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Thanks for the tips, guys... but I don't think I have to worry anymore about this. I start school on Monday and will be toooo busy to hang out with them anyway. Yay!!!!

<> <> <>

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105129

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
sci_geeek wrote:
Thanks for the tips, guys... but I don't think I have to worry anymore about this. I start school on Monday and will be toooo busy to hang out with them anyway. Yay!!!!
Heh. Problem solved.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105517

• KristytheCorgi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Don't call me princess. That's reserved for my dad
  • Thank you received: 84
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek
Whoaaa! That doesn't work. We share the problem. The older ones look depressed, the middle ones whine some extra, and the little ones pull your arms so hard, they get dislocated.
“It is perhaps the misfortune of my life that I am interested in far too much but not decisively in any one thing; all my interests are not subordinated in one but stand on an equal footing.”

–Soren Kierkegaard

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105522

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek
Whoaaa! That doesn't work. We share the problem. The older ones look depressed, the middle ones whine some extra, and the little ones pull your arms so hard, they get dislocated.
*cringe*

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105595

• KristytheCorgi
  • NOW ONLINE
Khriz Kool Katz wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek
*cringe*
Yeah, *cringe*
“It is perhaps the misfortune of my life that I am interested in far too much but not decisively in any one thing; all my interests are not subordinated in one but stand on an equal footing.”

–Soren Kierkegaard

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105666

• Pyrrhic
  • in-between speechless and rambling
  • Thank you received: 617
Saying cringe is cringe which makes this cringe. Cringe is us and we are cringe. Amen.
I already have said enough.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105673

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
Pyrrhic wrote:
Saying cringe is cringe which makes this cringe. Cringe is us and we are cringe. Amen.
Lol wut

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105725

KristytheCorgi wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek

Since you said you don't go to school I'm guessing this is at church. Try finding a separate area or room to hang out in, away from the kids. At my church we'd hang out in an upper room, and the kids would stay outside where their parents could watch them. If any of them tried to come up anyways, we'd just keep them out of the room.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105739

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
endershadow112 wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek

Since you said you don't go to school I'm guessing this is at church. Try finding a separate area or room to hang out in, away from the kids. At my church we'd hang out in an upper room, and the kids would stay outside where their parents could watch them. If any of them tried to come up anyways, we'd just keep them out of the room.
It could be at home too, bro.

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105767

• KristytheCorgi
  • NOW ONLINE
endershadow112 wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek

Not exactly. We see them in other places too

–Soren Kierkegaard

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105787

• Khriz Kool Katz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Katz are Kool. Period.
KristytheCorgi wrote:
endershadow112 wrote:
KristytheCorgi wrote:
jodiaz wrote:
sci_geeek wrote:
Help!
-- sci_geeek

Not exactly. We see them in other places too
They're everywhere...

Cling-y Little kids 1 year 3 months ago #105819

• sci_geeek
  • NOW ONLINE
  • #greatmindsthinkalike
Guys, fyi, some of these little friends I mentioned on this thread might join Guide, and if they do, I might delete this thread...oh, and if they join, don't tell them I said these things pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzze? And I doubt they'll be annoying here on Guide...they'll be just like any other Guidester.

<> <> <>

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds